Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Liam Neeson looking gaunt

This better be happening deliberately for a goddamned movie... I don't want to think about it otherwise!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Big man needs to come home with me.

Goddammit. He better get well.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

The link says it's him

Quote Originally Posted by Honeythorn View Post
    Big man needs to come home with me.
    Aww, that reminds me of my Granddad, he was always referred to as big man, or big fella. Must be an Irish thing.
    Honeythorn likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Good news!

'Scorsese wanted us to look gaunt': Liam Neeson FINALLY reveals the reason for his weight loss as he speaks about new film Silence

Earlier this year he sparked concern when he was pictured with a visibly slimmer and shockingly gaunt appearance.
    But Liam Neeson has settled the worries as he appeared at the Los Cabos Film Festival in Mexico at the weekend with a more robust physique.
    And the 63-year-old star finally revealed the reason for his weight loss, explaining it was all for a film role.

All is revealed: During an appearance at the Los Cabos Film Festival in Mexico at the weekend, Liam Neeson finally explained the reason for his shocking weight loss, while also looking fuller and healthier

Liam was at the movie event to promote his new film Silence, directed by Martin Scorsese and which also stars Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver.
    He confessed all about his surprising new appearance, revealing that he had lost '20 pounds' for his role as Father Cristóvão Ferreira in the film, which tells the tale of two Jesuit Portuguese priests who take a quest to Japan to spread the word of Christianity.

'Martin requires this level of dedication and I think it pays off,' the Taken star said, as reported by Collider, making a direct reference to the effort he put in to lose a substantial amount of weight for the role.
    'Martin wanted us all to look a bit more gaunt, which Adam [Diver] and Andrew did as well. I know Adam went to the extreme. He's an ex-marine and when he's given an order, he follows it through. He was like something out of Auschwitz.

He went on, about the film-maker: 'He's legendary - so as a performer you have to get over that. I had to get over that… He requires absolute silence on set, like everybody has to stop work when he's giving a direction or explaining a scene.
    'I mean everybody — the guy that's painting 400 yards away has to stop. If he hears one tiny sound, it's shattered for him so he commands that respect. He commands that silence and especially for this film it was necessary.'
    While information and images from the movie - based on Shusaku Endo's 1966 novel and based in 17th century Japan - have been scarce thus far, two photos from the forthcoming flick have now been revealed.
    One of them shows the full extent of Liam's 20lb weight loss, his face withdrawn with long hair and a beard covering much of his face, his clothes dirty and his expression wan.
    The other shows Andrew Garfield in the clutches of a tense moment, head-to-head with another actor from the film.
    Fans will be able to breathe a sigh of relief over his admission, as it was not made clear at the time when he was first spotted in July looking thin that it was for a job.
    The actor was unrecognisable as he walked through the streets of New York, his clothes hanging off his frail frame, his facial features sunken.
    At the time, a representative for the star told MailOnline of Liam's appearance: 'He has never been healthier.'
    Silence is set to be released in cinemas in 2016.
    Read more:
    Liam Neeson FINALLY reveals the reason for his weight loss | Daily Mail Online

No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

^Hmmmm, is that a still from the movie that he supposedly had to lose weight for? He looks better in that still than in the snapshots in real life from earlier this year. I hope he's right, but he really looked ill.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

He seemed to look fine when he was on Colbert last week, but his face was covered by obnoxious red facial hair for the skit.
    Last edited by C_is_for_Cookie; November 16th, 2015 at 02:58 PM. Reason: I can't tell the days of the week apart anymore

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    ^Hmmmm, is that a still from the movie that he supposedly had to lose weight for? He looks better in that still than in the snapshots in real life from earlier this year. I hope he's right, but he really looked ill.
    These pics are from Saturday in Mexico

This pic is from July in New York
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

A*O

I'm not entirely convinced. He does look slightly better but still not a picture of health.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I want to believe he is fine!

That's some ballsy shit to do to yourself when you're basically in senior citizen territory. Hope he'll be fine.
    Apparently, another side effect of the weight loss is old lesbian syndrome.
    sputnik likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I'm not quite buying the story. His skin color was awful, though I suppose that can happen with extreme weight loss.
    HWBL likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

I want him to be well.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

He still looks underweight but I would guess that's because the safest way to return to a healthy weight after such a dramatic loss would be to do it gradually through a good, balanced diet. Perhaps that's what's happening here.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information