Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Leg fat etiquette

ahem.

As a bigger guy, i have this kind of issue all the time.. not the fat overflowing armrests issue (ew) but a long leg (i'm 6'2") issue, and a wide shoulder issue.. (i take up 1 and 1/2 seats on the subway because of em)..

airline seats are fucking TINY and i always find myself leaning either into the window or out into the aisle just so i'm not crushing someone.. it's not very comfortable but *i* am the one who needs to make allowances because *i* am the one not fitting in the stupid seat.

I hate it, but what can i do? If i'm lucky i have a small person beside me so I can sit normally.. if it's another big guy, it SUCKS
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by katez View Post
    But I wasn't raised in a farm or in rural Montana or in an isolated culture-centric environment, I wasn't raised in a bubble or in a fantasy world where people's differences scare my poor little wannabe princess sensibilities.
    If we wanted to hear about your childhood, we would have asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ahem.

As a bigger guy, i have this kind of issue all the time.. not the fat overflowing armrests issue (ew) but a long leg (i'm 6'2&quot issue, and a wide shoulder issue.. (i take up 1 and 1/2 seats on the subway because of em)..

airline seats are fucking TINY and i always find myself leaning either into the window or out into the aisle just so i'm not crushing someone.. it's not very comfortable but *i* am the one who needs to make allowances because *i* am the one not fitting in the stupid seat.

I hate it, but what can i do? If i'm lucky i have a small person beside me so I can sit normally.. if it's another big guy, it SUCKS
    So do you get a male tiara? or do you just steal Mel? for your "Princess sensibilities"???

I think that if you're anything over a 5'2" size 2 female there is a universal truth.... flying is uncomfortable unless you upgrade.
    Last edited by Novice; September 16th, 2009 at 07:47 AM.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

A*O

They don't call it Cattle Class for nothing. Some airlines are better than others but overall the legroom and sideways spreadage allowances are too small even for an average person, let alone fatties.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    So do you get a male tiara? or do you just steal Mel? for your "Princess sensibilities"???

I think that if you're anything over a 5'2" size 2 female there is a universal truth.... flying is uncomfortable unless you upgrade.
    Watch yourself!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

OK, am I going to dance or somm-ing?

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i re-read my post and realized it was pretty offensive. i guess i was just so annoyed by that flight. anyway, i'm sorry.
    No problem. It gets to me more lately because of my little cousin who just visited from Texas this summer. He is 15. He is now about 70 lbs over weight and using a scooter to get around. People, including adults, yell shit to him in public like "you wouldn't need the jazzy if you would just stop eating and move lard ass". It breaks my heart because he has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. People just assume he is a fat lazy kid riding around in his scooter. The reality is that he is sweet teenaged boy who wants to be normal. He would love to get out of his seat and play football. Instead he plays trumpet in his high school band thanks to his Dad pushing him around the field. He lives everyday knowing he die before the age of 30 and has to hear the cruel comments ignorant people make about him. I guess it is easy to just call people "fatties". Hope it makes them feel better about themselves.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    No problem. It gets to me more lately because of my little cousin who just visited from Texas this summer. He is 15. He is now about 70 lbs over weight and using a scooter to get around. People, including adults, yell shit to him in public like "you wouldn't need the jazzy if you would just stop eating and move lard ass". It breaks my heart because he has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. People just assume he is a fat lazy kid riding around in his scooter. The reality is that he is sweet teenaged boy who wants to be normal. He would love to get out of his seat and play football. Instead he plays trumpet in his high school band thanks to his Dad pushing him around the field. He lives everyday knowing he die before the age of 30 and has to hear the cruel comments ignorant people make about him. I guess it is easy to just call people "fatties". Hope it makes them feel better about themselves.
    That is really sad. My ex-boss has a bad leg & finds its difficult to exercise because of it (he broke his leg in 50+ places & was lucky to keep his leg.... had bonegraphs etc...).

^^ that's heatbreaking sluce.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

czb

oh my. sorry about your cousin. can't imagine people would randomly make harrassing comments to him.

fgg

that is so awful! i love that his dad does what he can to help him participate in regular activities that he otherwise couldn't.

i would seriously put a sign on the front and the back of the scooter that says "in case you were wondering, i have duchenne muscular dystrophy. google it." unfortunately, it takes knowing someone has a real physical/emotional difficulty for most strangers to get over things quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post
    that is so awful! i love that his dad does what he can to help him participate in regular activities that he otherwise couldn't.

i would seriously put a sign on the front and the back of the scooter that says "in case you were wondering, i have duchenne muscular dystrophy. google it." unfortunately, it takes knowing someone has a real physical/emotional difficulty for most strangers to get over things quickly.
    Even when it's damn obvious, people can still be assholes. Massive assholes. A friend of mine is paralysed from about the knees down due to breaking her back a few years ago - she either uses a wheelchair, or can walk (with a lot of effort and discomfort) using two canes. She prefers to use the canes in public, despite the extra pain and exertion, because strangers have made her so feel self-conscious in her wheelchair. She's had people snap things like "Don't go breaking any land speed records or anything!" at her when she's accidentally been in their way when they're trying to rush through a crowded mall or such. Fucking wankers.

*hugs* to you and you cousin, Sluce. It really is a heartbreaking story. Things like that make me really, really hope karma exists...

fuck! people can be so rude. what kind of people yell things to anyone in public. i mean i've seen some really really fat people i would NEVER think of belting out insults to them. i just, walk past them like okay whatever.

these people must be super angry inside. i guess for them, in their world, it must be "pick or be picked on" so they take it out on others. bullies.

and as for the original story. i just think the dude didn't want to touch the person next to him. if she was spilling out and he didn't want to be touched, he probably had to scoot over to the side to avoid it. i doubt it was because she was overweight. not in the sense that he was grossed out by her and didn't want to catch her 'fat cooties', but more like he just had to move over a bit more than usual to accomodate her. got uncomfortable and found a new seat.

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    *hugs* to you and you cousin, Sluce. It really is a heartbreaking story. Things like that make me really, really hope karma exists...
    I have to admit that I have often seen very large people in scooters at stores and thought they wouldn't be in them if they hadn't let themselves get so large. My little cousin has made me more aware that sometimes people are not walking due to other medical issues. The same when I see healthy looking people using handicap spots now that I met a very thin older woman with a heart condition. She parks close so she will not have to exert herself as much.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I heard he had silicone tits as well. All the top Nazi's did.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information