Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley update

She is 5'7" so I can buy her being around 200.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm 5'8" not as fat (honest) and *cough* *mumble* lbs... I've lost a couple of dress sizes and I was never as big as Kirstie is now as my heaviest...... and I was more than 200lb... *looks shame faced*

Nope, I know plenty of heavy people, there is no way she weighs only 200. My guess is minimum 275. Look at her no neck and thick ankles. I started to watch the Oprah show but she was acting like such a simpleton I had to shut it off (K I mean)

She always looks so irritated when paps take her picture, but she brings it on herself by making her weight issue public. I don't understand why anybody would do that twice. Maybe the first time she was thinking, ok, here's an opportunity for me to really stick with it because I can't let myself be humiliated by failure. Didn't work. So she does it again?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    She is 5'7" so I can buy her being around 200.
    Please...one of her Hooves alone weighs 200!!!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Elite Member

^^ Yes, because now she is pimping her own line of diet pills that are suppose to hit the shelves this fall.

Edit... I was responding to Lobelia's comment

diet PILLS???? do they have nacin in them... wonders to self...

Kirstie Alley: 'Yes, I Gained 83 Pounds'
    By Elizabeth Leonard
    Originally posted Wednesday May 06, 2009 06:00 AM EDT

When Kirstie Alley stepped on the scale for the first time in 15 months, it wasn't pretty. "I started screaming," recalls Alley, sipping homemade fruit-infused water in her Hollywood kitchen. "It said 228 lbs., which is my highest weight ever. I was so much more disgusting than I thought!"

But looking back, Alley, 58, is hardly shocked. During her three-year stint as a Jenny Craig spokeswoman, she famously trimmed down to 145 lbs. after losing and keeping off 75 lbs. But since parting ways with the company in 2007, she had not worked out and banished her gym equipment to the garage. As for her diet, her small, low-calorie portions gave way to Chinese takeout and pasta drenched with butter. "I fell off the horse," says the 5'8" star.

Today, Alley says she is primed to hire a trainer, toss the butter and sign up for a triathlon in order to whittle her "schlumpy" figure back down to a bikini-ready 140 lbs. "I'm going to have to work harder than last time," she says, but "I'm way excited." In a candid interview, Alley sat down with PEOPLE's Elizabeth Leonard to talk about how she piled on the pounds – and how she plans to get her body, confidence and – yes! – even her groove back.

Okay, how did this happen?
    It started with New Year's [2008], right after leaving Jenny Craig. When you're a spokesperson for Jenny Craig, there's responsibility. You have a person every week standing over you when you get on the scale, and I did it naked because those panties could weigh 30 lbs.! It was amazingly successful. But the first nail in the coffin was that I didn't have to weigh in. I just sort of went wild.

Did you go right back to indulging in cakes and pies the way you did the first time you let yourself go?
    It wasn't the exact same M.O. My food demons are Chinese food, sugar, butter. A lot of butter. If I'm at the movies, usually I eat popcorn without butter, but I'd say, "I'm at the movies, so who cares?" And toast with butter. Or let's say I had two cups of pasta and six tablespoons of butter on it. There was a lot of butter going on.

What else would you eat?
    For seven months I was a vegetarian, and I can't tell you how much weight I gained being a vegetarian! A vegetarian would probably be eating vegetables. But to me being a vegetarian meant I'm going to eat enchiladas with no meat, and I'm going to eat lots of bread, lots of carbs.

What weight do you want to get down to?
    I have to be below 140 to really look good. I have to work my legs like crazy. Actually, do you want my real goal? My real goal's always too low. I love the way I look at, like, 128. One time on Cheers, I weighed about 148 lbs., and they told me to lose, like, 20 lbs. Now, I'm 5'8", so at 148 lbs., I wasn't fat. But they're saying, "You know, you need to lose 20 lbs." So what does that put me at? 128. That's where I keep getting this number.

Are you self-conscious?
    I'm totally inhibited. When I'm overweight I will not go out. With my closest friends, yeah. But you wouldn't see me at a premiere.

But you seem ready to turn your life around.
    I'm ready to work. I messed up along the way, but I'm not going to concentrate on that. I'm gonna go, "You know what? Get back on the horse, lose the freakin' weight, and then just move forward!"
    Kirstie Alley: 'Yes, I Gained 83 Pounds' - Kirstie Alley : People.com

I'm sorry, but I simply do not believe she only weighs 228 pounds at 5'8" unless she has zero muscle tone and the daintiest bones ever. I think she's at least 250 lbs.

228? Like my arse weighs 228! She weighs more than that!!!!

She's such a yoyo

Ok, I am just shy of 5'7" and currently 138lbs. No way was Kirstie 145 in that bikini, cuz I look a hell of a lot better than that, and only separated by 7lbs and 1 inch? Not buying it....

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yeah no kidding she was at least 180 and i say this b/c i'm 5'7'' ish or at least i was in college when i was 160 at my heaviest and i was a big pear but i wasn't that big!

"It said 228 lbs., which is my highest weight ever. I was so much more disgusting than I thought!"
    What's that in Earth pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    ^^ Yes, because now she is pimping her own line of diet pills that are suppose to hit the shelves this fall.

Edit... I was responding to Lobelia's comment
    Is it pills? I heard she is releasing a "diet plan" but no details. If it is pills you know it is Niacine as Novice pointed out. It's the CO$ Diet Plan. It will make you thin, straight and broke.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Well, I don't think she looks too bad on that People cover. She carries the weight well. I even think it's why her face still looks pretty good for an older broad. But man...those pics on the page prior to...holy shite...that double chin is such a damned detracting shame. Either she's slightly fatter there or maybe it's the way her face looks with that particular expression (as opposed to a photo where she's posing, like that People cover).

As long as she doesn't get any fatter I think she looks good and feel also that she should give it up trying to have the body she did when she was a 20something cokehead.

She's got the sexy eyes, still.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information