Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley on Oprah

Default Re: Kirstie Alley on Oprah

I agree Kirstie looks great now. It's the best thing she did for her health.
    But, in all honesty, won't she gain some weight back when she goes off Jenny Craig?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark
    She looks damn good. And will probably continue to look better and better. But since it's really nobodies fucking business but her own anyway, I think it better to say nothing at all than to lie THAT bad. The bitch did NOT weigh 219# at her heaviest. No fucking way. Not even if she had no muscle tone whatsoever and was completely soft.
    Well, I do believe her. I'm a good 20 pounds heavier than three of my friends who are two and three inches taller than me respectively, yet I still wear two sizes smaller in clothes.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Anyone got any pics of Kirstie now??
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I don't have any pics of her now, but as I was saying before, there is no way in hell I can believe that this woman (see pics) was only 219# at her heaviest. I couldn't even find the fattest pic I was looking for.

5'8" too. Even if she's a soft piece of jello with no muscle hiding underneath all that there's no way she was less than 240# there (see I even went down from my original 260# guess, even though that one wouldn't surprise me)

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark
    I don't have any pics of her now, but as I was saying before, there is no way in hell I can believe that this woman (see pics) was only 219# at her heaviest. I couldn't even find the fattest pic I was looking for.

5'8" too. Even if she's a soft piece of jello with no muscle hiding underneath all that there's no way she was less than 240# there (see I even went down from my original 260# guess, even though that one wouldn't surprise me)

Hmmm, looks more like 215 to me

***** celeb

You've got to be kidding me? Maybe if she was 5'2"! I have a friend who's 5'10 and 270# and not exactly an athlete who looks about like Kirstie does here. But I'm definitely not basing my opinion on just that one friend! If you still think otherwise, it's cool. But nothing will convince me she was 215# here unless I find out these pics were altered to make her look larger than she actually was.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She was at least 260, no question. She is tall and big boned but that was huge. Of course in her photos now she is totally shaded and blended and no doubt thinned out even more than reality.

I'm happy for her improved health.
    But when she was on Oprah, she was presenting herself as a straight-talker who wanted to talk real about weight issues. Then, she tells a big fat lie understating her weight by a large margin, effectively reinforcing the idea that women have to lie about their weight because their worth as a human being is somehow interlinked with numbers on a scale.

That set back their whole discussion on real weight issues back to square one, where it's not about health, it's about image and reputation and fat people are freaks. If she wanted to straight-talk, tell the truth. She could have still been honest without revealing her weight, just say something like "it's not about where I was, it's about feeling great now," etc.

I was disappointed because I was digging how she was being so upfront.

I think that its easy to compare oneself and come to a conclusion about someones weight, but when youre comparing with a picture of a celebrity who is surrounded by stick thin people that some people think look normal, she is bound to look bigger. If, for instance, you think Angelina Jolie is curvy and normal, then you are bound to think Kirstie Alley is bigger than she says. Dont know if that makes much sense..

A*O

DOES IT MATTER??? The fact is she is clearly losing weight from whatever 'top' weight she claims or we calculate. Good for her. It's not about your weight, it's about your size - they are totally unrelated for most people. When I was overweight I used to shave off a few pounds if anyone asked, but what really mattered was the clothes I could or could not get into.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^yeah, that too

I'm happy if she's losing weight and getting healthy. But the reason it does matter IMO is that it does a disservice to all other overweight women (and really women in general, since we're all judged by size/weight/thinness way more than we should be already) by making everyone think 219# is THAT friggin huge! It's not. Unless you're really short...or average height and out of shape. Kirstie is above average height and even in those fat pics does not look completely out of shape, otherwise that fat would be hanging more.

I think it would have been better if she just kept her weight (the actual number) to herself. It's really nobody else's business anyway. Then I could just be inspired instead of just focusing on the fact that she's an obvious liar. I can totally understand about not wanting to reveal your real weight! But it's people lying like that that make it worse. It perpetuates others (not just Hollywood) thinking average people like me are *fat* when I reveal my true weight instead of shaving off about 10#. Now it only just aggravates me...cause I know I look good. But is it any wonder young and self-conscious girls are doing more crazy shit than ever to lose weight because they think they're *fat* at a weight that's actually normal for their frame?

BTW I saw a current pic of her in US weekly (wish I could scan it to put here) and she's looking hot and smaller than I've seen her in years. If she stopped right where she is now it'd be great. I'd hate to see her get really really skinny like when she was a 20something cokehead cause I think she looks good with hips and boobs, which she still has.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

She is now currently 220 not the 160 she claims after all her dieting and she was at least 300 to begin with damnit! She is such a liar and you guys are kidding yourselves if you think she was ever in the 200's only at her heaviest.

That's a terrible lie! At her heaviest she weighed 940 pounds. I KNOW because she had to be weighed at the zoo and I DROVE HER THERE!!!!!

***** celeb

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ you glib bitch!

You don't kno the history of morbid obesity; I do!

btw did all the tires on your car pop?
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; January 5th, 2006 at 05:15 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information