Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley is getting fat again

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Your doctor will ...
    I think my doctor will be concerned if I become obese. Kirstie Alley isn't obese, she's over weight.

My point is, that we as a society shouldn't be so quick to jump on a woman who can't keep the weight off - especially at 54 years old. Obviously, it's not going to happen for her.

I'm 37 and I have weighed in at the same weight since I was 20 - which was 126. I gained 15 pounds recently due to medication I had to take to help my migraines. Some might think 141lbs isn't bad, some may think it's absolutely horrible. I had to start watching EVERYTHING I ate and doubled up on my exercise routine to lose (so far) 11 pounds. I hate that i have to work this hard to get back to what I was...and I think it's going to get harder to maintain the older I get.

Well... I think the fact that she publicly set high standards for herself to loose the weight doesn't help...of course people are going to be more critical.

oh ffs, so over this bitch she hasnt done anything for years except get fat, lose the weight and get fat again and let lose the weight once again and so on and so forth.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I think my doctor will be concerned if I become obese. Kirstie Alley isn't obese, she's over weight.

My point is, that we as a society shouldn't be so quick to jump on a woman who can't keep the weight off - especially at 54 years old. Obviously, it's not going to happen for her.

I'm 37 and I have weighed in at the same weight since I was 20 - which was 126. I gained 15 pounds recently due to medication I had to take to help my migraines. Some might think 141lbs isn't bad, some may think it's absolutely horrible. I had to start watching EVERYTHING I ate and doubled up on my exercise routine to lose (so far) 11 pounds. I hate that i have to work this hard to get back to what I was...and I think it's going to get harder to maintain the older I get.
    I hate to inform you that it only gets worse Icepik! One has to keep their intake low and up their activity or it's curtains for the status quo.

I don't think she ever got that small.
    She's a very pretty lady though. I think her hair is always so nice looking.

I like this kook, but I have to agree. i don't think her highest weight was 201-220, and I did watch the Oprah episode where she came out in a bikini. While she looked good for her age, she still looked to be about 170-180 pounds. My goodness!!! This has to push her starting weight at around 250-260?
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

If Kirstie is 5ft 9" and even "just" 200lbs she's got a BMI of 29.5. A BMI of 30 or more is obese.

She looks obese to me anyway.

She's got something else going on with her. Some issues, I don't know. She was quoted as saying she wouldn't/couldn't have a sex-life when she was fat. This issue obviously bothers her A LOT and is impacting on her quality of life. She needs to find out why she does what she does.
    Last edited by TheMoog; April 26th, 2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: my last sentence

Hit By Ban Bus!

When she had a kickass bod she was very addicted to cocaine. And going down the tubes. Kicked the habit, gained the weight.

I did not know she had that habit.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It was a long time ago, before she married, adopted, divorced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I hate to inform you that it only gets worse Icepik! One has to keep their intake low and up their activity or it's curtains for the status quo.
    I know

I Just want to add that Kirstie claims she was addicted to cocaine when she joined the CO$ and gives credit to Narconon for her recovery. (Narconon is a CO$ affiliated drug treatment program).
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Anyone with a real weight issue is going to go up and down. If there are genetic issues, you have to fight the battle every day and frankly sometimes that is just pretty damn hard. Also, if there are psychological issues related to her weight gain, if those haven't been addressed, she will have trouble keeping it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post

I'm 52, believe me I know how after 40 it sucks and after 50 it's even worse ...

She still rocks!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information