Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Kirstie Alley ‘breaks down over her weight’

Can't say I'm surprised since I never believed her when she said that her highest weight was 218 and that she was down to 143 when she went on Oprah in that bikini. I'm sorry, but that was just pure bullshit. The woman is 5'8" and built sturdy - there's no way I'd buy those numbers. So, I'm not terribly shocked that she'd fib now and say she lost 50 lbs.

Is she broke or something...it's not like she has a million acting jobs lined up.
    I can't see why she doesn't just stay out of the limelight and live a comfortable existence, rather than yo-yo'ing with her weight for no reason.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by 00Kimmi00 View Post
    Is she broke or something...it's not like she has a million acting jobs lined up.
    I can't see why she doesn't just stay out of the limelight and live a comfortable existence, rather than yo-yo'ing with her weight for no reason.
    She's a $cientologist and that is an expensive basket of crazy to buy into. I don't think she can afford to leave the limelight, not with those money-grabbing cultards in her life.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

People magazine cover story, How I lost...whoops stop the presses, how I gained..

Jeezus crimony

fgg

50 Lbs. Thinner, ‘Inspired’ Kirstie Alley Looks to Drop 40 More

Courtesy Kirstie Alley

Take note, Jamie Foxx. Kirstie Alley, who is playfully unabashed in her ongoing quest for Foxx, is even more “shag-ready”. In fact, after tipping the scales at 228 lbs. last year, the actress has dropped 50 lbs.–and isn’t looking back. “THE GOOD NEWS….I’ve lost 50 lbs!!! THE BAD NEWS…I have 40 more to go!!! …lol…..at least I’m more than half the way there!!,” she Tweeted on Oct. 4. What’s her secret? Staying faithful to Organic Liaison, the weight-loss program she launched in March, as well as finding support and inspiration from fans who took the dieting plunge with her. “Thousands have now had huge success with my new weight loss program,” Alley, 59, tells PEOPLE. “Nothing makes me happier than reading about their extraordinary triumphs…They inspire me to continue on my own journey and I am grateful for them.” As the country’s first USDA-approved organic weight loss plan that specifically targets cravings, curbs appetites and boosts energy, Organic Liaisons will soon be available at GNC stores, the first time its been available outside of the company website, www.organicliaison.com. Two years in the making, Alley says she wanted to create a weight-loss system that doesn’t include “meals that I can keep in my closet,” she says on the Organic Liaison site. “Also one that would actually improve mine and my kids health along with shrinking my awesomely ample bottom.” As for her gradually shrinking body, Alley has perspective. Tweeting on Oct. 6: “I’m far from SKINNY….but I’m at least far from Shamu …no insult to Shamu intended.” –Elizabeth Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised since I never believed her when she said that her highest weight was 218 and that she was down to 143 when she went on Oprah in that bikini. I'm sorry, but that was just pure bullshit. The woman is 5'8" and built sturdy - there's no way I'd buy those numbers. So, I'm not terribly shocked that she'd fib now and say she lost 50 lbs.
    I never believed that weight either. She could not have been 143 on Oprah, unless she was was just weighing one leg. The woman is huuuge. I'm no tiny dancer, but I know what 140 looks like, and baby that ain't it.

SHe's 5'7..and that could mean 5'6 in real life. At 143 on Oprah she would have looked fantastic, not a big ass hiding behind a scarf.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

damn, i always thought she was taller like a good 5'8'' at least. i wish i was 5'8''

Kirstie Alley launched that “Organic Liaison” weight loss “program” about a year ago, and many pointed out that the vitamins and cranberry water she’s shilling are similar to the supplements Scientology uses in their rituals, which of course Alley denied. Alley claimed last September to have lost 50 pounds, and she released a heavily Photoshopped picture in which her legs were mysteriously absent to “prove” that her program worked. Then we saw a candid photograph that showed that she hadn’t lost as much weight as she’d claimed. Now the National Enquirer is calling her out on the cover, and saying she still weighs 220 pounds. (She said she was 230 pounds just last year when her reality show premiered.)
    I’ll echo Kaiser’s sentiments on Kristie’s weight: a lot of us struggle with our weight and we are not mocking Kirstie for gaining the weight back. We are calling out Kirstie for selling an expensive and ineffective diet program that’s a front for a cult, and for continuing to make her weight an issue in every venture she’s involved in. She even has a Twitter-style weight-loss social network website called “Phitter.”
    Before I excerpt some of the Enquirer’s story, I just want to say that the photo they’re using on this week’s cover was probably taken back in October of last year, because she’s wearing the same shirt as in these photos. (Unless she’s just wearing that same shirt again. We don’t have access to all the photo agencies, but among the ones we use there haven’t been photos of Kirstie in some time.) Inside, the Enquirer has some blurry photos of Kirstie at a Zumba event in Kansas on December 20, and shopping at a Target on New Year’s day. She’s still around the same size she was last year. A source claims that Kirstie has been “hiding out in Kansas and Florida” to avoid the paparazzi.
    “She lied about her weight a year ago on her reality TV show by saying she was 230 pounds when she actually weighed 250 pounds. And although she’s lost some weight, it’s not even close to what she had hoped…
    “Kirstie yo-yoed throughout the year, and while she claims to weight about 160 pounds, she’s really at 221,” the source divulged.
    The star tried to hide her body underneath baggy clothing while shopping at a Target store in Florida on Dece. 20. She wore a fitted top at a Zumba fitness event in Whichita, Kan., on New Year’s Day, but appeared very heavy - and sources say she’s devastated at her failure to slim down.
    “Even though she weighed herself on her reality show early last year, those closest to Kirstie show the scale was way off her true weight. Since then, she’s been hiding out in Kansas and Florida,” claimed the source.
    [From The National Enquirer, print edition, January 24, 2011]
    There’s more in the Enquirer about how Kirstie feels like a failure and like she’s “washed up.” After reading this story I felt sorry for Kirstie, but then I remembered that this woman pitched her diet program on Oprah, that she personally attacks anyone who dares question her, and that she repeatedly lies and stretches the truth to deceive the public. Anyone who questions Scientology is “fair game” and so is Kirstie.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Heavy Kirstie Alley on the Enquirer cover: Fair game or leave her alone?

That's more than 220! More like 320 given her height!!
    Free Charmed.

^^Thank you!! 220 my fat ass!!

She seems to get lots of attention - positive and negative - when she's heavier. Why lose any weight if that's the case? Skinny Kirstie isn't interesting or dramatic - fatty Kirstie is sad, pathetic, overwrought and a victim of her own inability to control herself.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I've never believed that she topped out at 218. I'm 5'8 and at 138 pounds I wear a size 28 or 6 in jeans. No way she weighed 5 pounds more than me in that bikini shot on Oprah. She's full of shit and any woman who is around her height knows it.

She is EASILY 220 pounds in that National Enquirer picture.

I think whatever she claims she weighs, add 50 lbs to that and you're probably close to the truth.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

“Kirstie yo-yoed throughout the year, and while she claims to weight about 160 pounds, she’s really at 221,” the source divulged.
    She claims to be 160 right now? The woman must think we're all blind! I'd say she's way over even 221. I'd put her over 250, actually.

Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information