Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Kim Kardashian defends herself; insists she's a size 2

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    I have one skirt that is a size 0, so techincially I could go around saying I wear that size..

I am built the same way as Kim (all natural though) and a 6 is my usual size and I weigh a lot more than 120lbs.
    me too. what I don't get about the video is: how is she finding smaller sizes fit her waist AND ass? i.e. my waist is also a 27, but my ass is disproportionate to the rest of my body, so while the waist might fit, I can't zip the pants because there's no room for my ass in the jeans (unless you get super stretch jeans, but...those look gross.) so, I take a 29-30 in jeans for my ass even though my waist jeans size is 27. how does this work?! I must know!

(keep in mind, I'm not at a computer where I can watch the video so maybe she explains that somewhere)
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    Kim does not have a 26 inch waist nor does she wear a size 2. You can tell, just look at her! Why is she making such a big deal out of this? Just get over it, you're still beautiful.
    Actually, I don't think it's that unlikely she has a 26 inch waist. She's the same height as me, I have a 25 inch waist... I'm 35-25-36. So her measurements are as if she had taken the extra inch off my boobs, put it on her waist, and grown a fleshier butt than me. And I'm anything from 0 - 4 (depending on where I buy it, and what part of my body it's meant to fit), but on average a 2. So... I could see her being a 2 (up the top easily and possibly also in dresses) and a 4 - 6 in pants and skirts, depending on cut and label. Also, if you're wearing something like Spanx, you'll be amazed what you can fit into.

The height is the key here. Size 2 - 4 on someone who's 5'2" looks a lot different to size 2 - 4 on someone who's 5'10".

BTW, that Nordstrom chart is crazy. According to it, I'm a size 8 up top. I don't think I've ever bought a size 8 anything...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

the ass is fake and you are not a size 2!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Now, she might not be a size 2, but she is not even close to being as wide as he is.. He's 6'0 203..
    you're right; she's wider!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
    The reason why she is famous is because she is beautiful and have a nice figure....
    Well then a lot of people would deserve to be famous ... But this was actually a real question, I'm French and I've no idea who she is, but I just happen to see her everywhere on the web for some reason ... which I really don't get !
    Well, anyway ...
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by frecklered View Post
    me too. what I don't get about the video is: how is she finding smaller sizes fit her waist AND ass? i.e. my waist is also a 27, but my ass is disproportionate to the rest of my body, so while the waist might fit, I can't zip the pants because there's no room for my ass in the jeans (unless you get super stretch jeans, but...those look gross.) so, I take a 29-30 in jeans for my ass even though my waist jeans size is 27. how does this work?! I must know!

(keep in mind, I'm not at a computer where I can watch the video so maybe she explains that somewhere)
    My guess is (I've not watched the vid too - too much self respect & "life is too short" attitude! LOL!) that she's trying on "casual" or "relaxed" cut/fit jeans - they tend to have looser hips that other cuts (e.g. than "slim fit").... Heck, get the right "relaxed" cut jeans & I can loose at least one size!

Quote Originally Posted by frecklered View Post
    I think a lot of it is about the brand of jeans. In the video, she tries on Habitual, J-Brand, and Anlo jeans that are high-waisted. I have the same problem as you, and I'm a big fan of Joe's Jeans and Lucky Jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    But this was actually a real question, I'm French and I've no idea who she is, but I just happen to see her everywhere on the web for some reason ... which I really don't get
    She's famous because she managed to do a lot of random things all at the same time:
    - she was/is BFFs with Paris Hilton when Paris was really popular so she was always in photographs with Paris.
    - she started getting attention because of her massive ass
    - her ex released a sex tape with her in it
    - then she got a reality TV show

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    The height is the key here. Size 2 - 4 on someone who's 5'2" looks a lot different to size 2 - 4 on someone who's 5'10".

BTW, that Nordstrom chart is crazy. According to it, I'm a size 8 up top. I don't think I've ever bought a size 8 anything...
    Great points. Also, you're right about the Nordstrom chart. I used to work in the fashion industry and here's my opinion on measurements-to-dress size:

22-23 in. waist- size 0
    24-25 in. waist- size 2
    26 in. waist- size 4
    27 in. waist- size 6

It seems like size 4s and size 6s are especially all over the map and different between brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Great points. Also, you're right about the Nordstrom chart. I used to work in the fashion industry and here's my opinion on measurements-to-dress size:

22-23 in. waist- size 0
    24-25 in. waist- size 2
    26 in. waist- size 4
    27 in. waist- size 6

It seems like size 4s and size 6s are especially all over the map and different between brands.
    The cut of an item can have an effect, too. My suit, my black work pants, my more flared/looser cut pants and skirts are a 2, but when I want tight, skinny jeans or a tight skin I usually wear a 4. Yet, despite my boobs and hips, in dresses I'm often a 0. And when I wear Spanx-type underwear, I can fit into this vintage dress made in the 70s (which I bought for a friend's costume 21st) that is about a 00. I have to have perfect posture and not eat much while wearing it, but it fits - and looks good.

That's an astounding amount of size variation on one person. Frankly, if you're a woman, I think it's impossible to say with certainty that you're a specific size. You can really only say what you are on average - or give a general range. Partly because the fashion industry is so devoid of any sizing standard, but also just because we're chicks and are doomed to have all sorts of variable proportions due to our body shape.

in the UK we have an official standard (I posted a link to it) from our Trading Standard department; however, few if any companies stick to it.

I'm interested to know what size the vintage dress is labeled?
    When I was nannying I went to a fancy-dress party wearing my employer's original miniskirt from the 60's that she thought was tiny.... it wasn't all that (esp if I could get into it).

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    in the UK we have an official standard (I posted a link to it) from our Trading Standard department; however, few if any companies stick to it.

I'm interested to know what size the vintage dress is labeled?
    When I was nannying I went to a fancy-dress party wearing my employer's original miniskirt from the 60's that she thought was tiny.... it wasn't all that (esp if I could get into it).
    The label just says a helpfully specific "XS".

Elite Member

How can she fit into a size 26 with 39 inch hips? I can wear a 26/27 and my hips are 35-36. The pants would be fitted nicely in my thighs and butt (not skin tight) with some gaping at the back waist. I noticed she is practically squeezing into those jeans (the hopping is a sign), but still...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ b/c her ass is fake thats why. she may very well have a 26 inch waist though...maybe...after a huge shit and handfull of diaretics

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information