Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: The Keto Diet

Don't be too hard on yourself Kitty. One evening of bad eating doesn't undo anything. Everyone needs a big plate of soulfood every now and then.
    Novice, fgg and Kittylady like this.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I'm having such a hard time staving off cravings. They're hitting me hard. I still want cereal, really bad. And I feel like I'm only one "fuck it" away from pizza or lasagna or such.

I have the Mirena in and I've read that it can make it extra hard to lose weight.

Or maybe I'm just a fattie, lol.
    Chocolate..... it’s like oxygen to me....

is there any any kind of wrap you can have? Maybe a corn tortilla or something?
    i discovered that if you put cheese & tomato & maybe a bit of ham or something on a tortilla and grill it you get mini-mock-pizza (courtesy of “a pinch of nom” blog) it’s not a stuffed crust etc but better than blowing the whole house no?

I am hoping that the changes in my life will assist me with my diet
    My comfort dinner was gluten-free chicken paprika sausage casserole with rice it was awesome & I actually am very full now so won’t pick at crap in the evening (also an issue).
    I don’t know if I can go cold-turkey-keto straight away but am doing my best to lose the sugar & keep carbs low....

.............., to be continued lol!
    Beeyotch likes this.

I do have those low-carb wraps. And I've been thinking of just melting a load of cheese with a smidge of marinara sauce in the oven--everything but the crust.

But no, this jones I had was for the real thing, crust included. It passed, but only after I had a bowl of granola/cereal I found at the back of the cupboard.

Then the next day I went back to eating normally (keto I mean). Turns out I dropped 2 lbs since.

Oh and Nov, if you do it slowly, like reduce sugar first, then cut it out, then same with starches, etc. I bet you still notice some weight loss.
    czb and Novice like this.

Make yourself a cauliflower crust.
    fgg likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Yeah, I went through all those substitutions the first time and it was fun, but too much work for my lazy ass now.

You know what I did that was pretty good though? Cut up some rotisserie chicken, covered it with cheese and roasted peppers, broiled for 3 min. Threw some Crystal hot sauce on...SO GOOD and quick too.
    Novice likes this.

That sounds good B

I've made keto bagels. I posted a pic somewhere here. It's an easy recipe and can crush that bread craving. I should make some and put my homemade butter on them.
    Novice and Nevan like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Ok Ladies.
    I need a bit of help here.
    I joined a ladies only keto group on fb & keep seeing these wonderful weight losses. I *want* some of that but I have a couple of questions/issues
    1 - I don’t drink coffee so the bulletproof coffee thing is out for me. Any substitutes?
    2 - I have very little time for breakfast please can you make suggestions?
    3 - given I don’t read a lot (maybe I need to go back & check out sprynkles link) tell me about this dirty keto.
    4 - should I test strip???
    5 - just what have you learnt that would be useful for me to know???
    6 - anything else?
    sprynkles likes this.

I make my hot tea bulletproof many days a week. I have a big insulated cup that holds 36 ounces. After I steep 4 tea bags and remove the bags I add about a tbs of coconut oil and maybe a little bit of butter and some heavy whipping cream. And a a dash of cinnamon. I love it.

I skip breakfast and lunch on days I work. I will only have dinner about 4 hours before bed. I'm not so strict on my off days. But when it comes to losing weight the intermittent fasting has been easy, cheap and really seems to stay off. I know (for me) just doing keto was not quite enough to get over the plateaus. I have tons of energy for the most part. Seems like the more I fast, the better I look and feel.

I make a lot of salads with my protein on the salad. Like taco salad, chicken salad, steak salad etc. I add black olives and cheese and just whatever I have that sounds good. I also love baked chicken thighs and have them several times a week.

When I first began all this I experimented with a lot of bread substitute things like cauliflower pizza and almond flour bagels. I found that I was taking in too many calories and not losing like I wanted so I just stick to whole foods for the most part. There is a cracker recipe I use when I want something crunchy to dip with with.

There are so many great videos on YT to help you, it's pretty awesome. I really like this couple who both do keto, their channel is called Keto Connect. They've gotten very popular in the last year. They do lots of recipes and cooking and shopping and have pretty straight forward advice.

I'm sure I'll think of more later. Welcome aboard! I hope you like doing keto. I love it!

Thank you Sprynkles.
    i have lost weight in the past (size 16 US to size 4/6 US) in my early 30s by just avoiding carbs but I really need to make a successful effort now. I am too unhappy at this size and want to change.
    I don’t understand the term “bulletproof” - I understand the coconut oil (or mct ? Oil) but heavy cream???

I dont think that that I can skip breakfast and lunch, I have quite an active job, can hit 10k steps by lunchtime so think I need lunch or breakfast....

I totally get that. I works for me, but not for everyone. I'm lucky to get that many steps in an entire day. I do try.

Heavy whipping cream has the most fat.

One 8 ounce glass of milk= 12 g carb

One 8 ounce glass of heavy whipping cream = 6 g carb

Of course you would never put that much in a drink. But you want to highest amount of fat with the least amount of carbs. So a spoon or two of HWC makes your morning drink that much more full of good fat. That is if you like dairy. I like adding the HWC to my sauces or salad dressings. Sour cream is now a staple too. And cream cheese.

Omelettes with cheese and cream cheese and a bit of ham or whatever is a good meal. Just skip the juice and toast.
    Novice likes this.

There is also this 5 day keto soup diet. I haven't done it. Just passing it on.

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/5-d...aleo-whole-30/

I tried that Keto soup, I think you posted it before, is that possible? I got it from here. It was really nice, but I only had it for 3 days I think.

Re: Intermittent fasting, I only skip breakfast. Just the 16 hours no-food. I also go to the gym during lunch break and I have no problem without having food before working out.
    Novice likes this.
    -

I've been doing keto since early July. I have a whole long email full of tips - I can pm it to you if you'd like. I send it to friends who want a condensed info package.

I'm into IF now too, eat between noon and about 7 pm. I love it!
    sprynkles and fgg like this.

Hey given the fat content of these foods, I have no problem eating only twice a day. I'm not even hungry between meals. My 1-2 cups of coffee are very filling with that bit of HWC. If I'm not hungry at lunch time during the work week, I'll even just wait til dinner.

I've got several go-to recipes. I'm not much for fake stuff (like basically substitutes for food I'm not supposed to be eating) but I've actually found a few "fake" recipes I like and do every once in awhile.

Made keto "pizza" for SB sunday. Crust made from ground chicken (mixed with parm and garlic salt and a bit of parsely (or italian seasoning). You can add 1/4 cup of almond flour but since I didn't have any when I first made this, I've discovered I don't even need it. I spread this really thin on a baking sheet with non-stick +a bit of olive oil brushed on, bake for about 20 min. Then put on pizza sauce and cheese. You can put other toppings on too (beef, sausage, pepperoni or veggies) but I like just the sauce and cheese, since the crust made out of ground chicken is good enough for me when it comes to meats.

I make this every once in awhile. It's so good even DarkJr loves it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information