Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: The Keto Diet

I'm basically on what seems to be called the Mediterranean diet but it's really the meal plan from Fitness Blender. Lots of veggies, fruit, whole grains, nuts, beans, and some meat. Three meals a day, three snacks a day. I eat very well in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    No worries. I don't think it matters.

I am seriously stalled. I haven't had much progress in a month. I need to kick it up a notch and I think the intermittent fasting was really helping me and I have sort of gone off that. Faithanne just mentioned it in the other thread. I thought "oh yeah" that did work well.
    How long do you go on Intermittent Fasting? You might want to up the number of hours and see if that kick starts it for you.

Some people say they have to go back to measuring and tracking for a while, or maybe cut out things like dairy, or peanut butter, or the fat bombs/keto ice creams, etc.

Fasting worked for me when I wasn't losing. As in, water and herbal tea only. I did, iirc, a 20 or 24-hour fast and then went right back to regular keto, and I dropped something like 1-2 lbs that did not come back once I started eating.

I'm back on keto myself, after gaining my pregnancy weight back after I lost most of it post-delivery. Stress eating and drinking put me right back to my highest pregnancy weight. Ugh. I think after evicting my fetus, my body was like, ooh, we have AAALLLL this extra room now so the stomach (and gut) can expand!

And it's harder than I thought it would be. I developed a terrible ice cream and candy bar habit toward the end of my pregnancy, then kept it up after delivery. Then I got all excited that I could DRINK again! Again,

I'm doing lazy keto for now, not counting carbs or measuring, just trying to get into the swing of choosing the right foods again, and cooking more. Milk and cereal was my go-to for a carb fix. Miss that the most. And ice cream was harder to kick than I anticipated, kept back-sliding on that.

I have to remind myself of how miraculously not hungry I felt once I got my metabolism to switch to fat-burning instead of carbs. That was just the most freeing feeling.
    sprynkles and Novice like this.

I make a mouse like chocolate creamy dessert with heavy wc, coco powder and sweeten with stevia powder. I put it in the freezer for a bit and it's a pretty good ice cream sub.

When I was being a good IFer I was doing OMAD. I loved it and felt great. When I went to just keto, I strayed from that after awhile. Plus, I insist on having vodka with lemon and stevia on Fridays after work.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Woot. Lost 5 lbs my first week on lazy keto. That's about all the extra water weight my dehydrated body carries.

I really need to concentrate on drinking more water, I'm so bad about that.
    czb and fgg like this.

I got the Plant Nanny app on my phone, it really helped me.
    I went from barely drinking a glass of water per day (yeah I know, terrible) to drinking 2.5 liters just because I didn’t want the app plant to die ��
    C_is_for_Cookie, sprynkles and fgg like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

^I hadn't heard of that app but it's a good idea.

I keep my water intake high at work by filling a 1.25L bottle and taking an empty 250ml glass back to my desk. I sip at every chance and top up the glass whenever it gets low, and within the first 2 hours I've gone through the whole bottle. I can drink up to 4L this way, and that's not counting what I drink at home.

My colleagues sitting either side of me will go and get a fresh glass of water throughout the day, but I fill up my bottle more often than they go back for another glass, so I'm drinking at least 5 times what they are.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I usually make a fruit tea at work - maybe one cup and then fill it up with water so I got a watery 1.5l fruit tea. I don't drink enough otherwise because I'm not thirsty in the mornings.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    -

I'm 39# down. Had to buy new underwear this weekend.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Now that I am more carb aware I can't believe how high in carbs most processed foods are. I was looking at the nutrition label on a Smart Ones entree in the freezer at work. It blew my mind. 49g in this small serving of pasta. This is the sort of thing I used to eat thinking it was fewer calories, so, better for me. And eating this way just spiked my blood sugar all day long. It's probably why I could not lose weight no matter how good I thought I was being. This is why we're all fat. These freaken high carb products.

Smart Ones Pasta with Ricotta with Spinach

Nevan, MsDark and Beeyotch like this.

fgg

^and it looks terrible and unsatisfying!
    czb, Nevan, Beeyotch and 1 others like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

czb

^^^ that could be an effective diet ... only serve gross looking food so you don't want to eat it!
    fgg, Nevan, sprynkles and 1 others like this.

I tried Nutri-System a few years. Talk about gross terrible tasting food. I threw most of it away. I sort of liked some of the snack chips and cookies. I was just looking at a few of their nutrition labels and they are pretty high carb too.

Serve me some of that stuff that Mo tried in Thailand and I'd never eat again!

I tried Nutri-System a few years. Talk about gross terrible tasting food. I threw most of it away. I sort of liked some of the snack chips and cookies. I was just looking at a few of their nutrition labels and they are pretty high carb too.

Many years ago, I tried Nutri-System and discovered lemon wafer cookies. Kind of like Italian Pizelles with a light lemon flavor. That was how I screwed up that diet, I couldn't stop eating the desserts. I've never found anything like them again, and boy, have I looked.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Now that I am more carb aware I can't believe how high in carbs most processed foods are. I was looking at the nutrition label on a Smart Ones entree in the freezer at work. It blew my mind. 49g in this small serving of pasta. This is the sort of thing I used to eat thinking it was fewer calories, so, better for me. And eating this way just spiked my blood sugar all day long. It's probably why I could not lose weight no matter how good I thought I was being. This is why we're all fat. These freaken high carb products.

Smart Ones Pasta with Ricotta with Spinach

God I hated those frozen microwave meals. They were especially unsatisfying because I swear they'd make me even hungrier!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    God I hated those frozen microwave meals. They were especially unsatisfying because I swear they'd make me even hungrier!
    I'm sure they did. Those high carbs put in the spike/crash cycle of eating.
    sprynkles, Beeyotch and denny like this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information