Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Like Tree434Likes

Thread: The Keto Diet

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike;[URL="tel:3819443"
    3819443[/URL]]^^^I'm an E cup, but I think german measure is bigger. they're not monstous, but they are unproportinal and somehow not part of me, it's difficult to describe.
    No, no, I completely understand. You described it perfectly.

Its funny (you know I’m part German right?) I’m a pear shape (like my mum who is 0.5 German - top one size smaller than my hips & legs) but my sister is supposedly like Auntie Gellie, she is heavy/full breasted with a thicker waist and hips much more in proportion (all the same dress size up & down apart from her cup size).
    Even when we are the same cup size it looks different (I’m 34E - my sister is a 38E) because of the rest of our bodies.
    It’s understandable how we can feel about these things.
    Last edited by Novice; July 24th, 2021 at 04:12 PM.
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

647 Bread - great keto bread, 40 calories a slice. I got two loaves.

"I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    647 Bread - great keto bread, 40 calories a slice. I got two loaves.

I love that brand. The honey wheat is really good. Downside for me is since gastric bypass I have a really hard time with bread. I can only eat one slice at a time, so the squirrels and foxes love me. The loaf starts to turn before I get even half way through.
    Novice and Lofty Bike like this.

Aldi has zero net carb bread. $4-5 I think. It's only a little cardboardy, but I buy the multi-seed version which seems to be the least offensive.
    My husband eats it A LOT.
    Lofty Bike and Novice like this.

26# since restarting 3/23.
    sputnik, palta, Beeyotch and 3 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

That's great, Mrs D. You look great and all your meals you post on FB look so good. Those garden veggies make me wish we were neighbors

I'm at 19.5 lbs down since mid-June. I'm pretty sure half of it is down to not drinking. Though I did have some beer & pizza when my in-laws were visiting recently (plus a couple of vacation trips), but fortunately I've lost the psychological craving.

Back on track today.
    czb, palta and MsDark like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Aldi has zero net carb bread. $4-5 I think. It's only a little cardboardy, but I buy the multi-seed version which seems to be the least offensive.
    My husband eats it A LOT.
    I like the Aldi zero net carb, but can only eat it toasted.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    That's great, Mrs D. You look great and all your meals you post on FB look so good. Those garden veggies make me wish we were neighbors

I'm at 19.5 lbs down since mid-June. I'm pretty sure half of it is down to not drinking. Though I did have some beer & pizza when my in-laws were visiting recently (plus a couple of vacation trips), but fortunately I've lost the psychological craving.

Back on track today.
    I have to get back on it. I did Keto from May 25, 2020 - October 2020 and lost over 20 lbs and never felt better. Then the holidays came and threw me off. I gained it all back plus a few extra and feel crappy. Once this NJ humidity breaks, I'm heading back to the boardwalk and starting back on.

Congratulations to all who are doing well on it.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

czb

i couldn't really keep up with the IF.

early part of the SiP it wasn't a problem for me. i would do intense spin bike sessions at hom and could easily do it fasted. my weight was ok but at some point during the SiP, i started eating too much.

the past month i have cut down on binging on food. but now that i started with crossfit, i am starving after a session and it is hard for me to go without eating after. which is odd since my xfit sessions seem to burn way less calories than the spin bike. but i come home from xfit beat. like massacred. but i think my biggest diet challenge is alcohol. am drinking 2 glasses of wine at night and it is too much.
    Beeyotch and palta like this.

^crossfit must be hard on your whole body, though. give it a time to adjust.

i'll go with how i feel. i don't keep track of calories and i don't weight myself. i try to see how i am overall, if my body feels comfortable, if i feel good about myself. i think it is healthier this way. and is working for me because i'm running daily and i'm eating normal, no restrictions. i think this is something i can maintain, like changing habits instead of a restrictive diet for x months.
    faithanne, czb, dksnj and 1 others like this.

czb

it is easily the hardest work out i have ever done.
    palta likes this.

I kind of want a Peloton. I just don't want to spend the money right now.

I'm way too paranoid to be without a cushion in my account to cover bills if I end up with Covid (even if not sick sick but forced into quarantine for an extended time and no money coming in) because my paid time off accumulation sucks and the insurance disability benefits I have would take awhile to kick in.

I spent my last cushion on my dog's emergency surgery and haven't built it back up yet!

Does anyone have one of these who can tell me in detail how much they love it so I can live vicariously through them?

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

czb

i don't have a peloton but i do have a keiser and it is great.

the people i know who have the peloton love it. i don't know if all the classes are available for free or you have to pay extra. you can always try nextdoor or some other way to get a used one? i remember at the start of covid, pelotons were back ordered for months. now that things are opening up, some people are getting rid of them.
    Last edited by czb; August 21st, 2021 at 05:27 PM.

I can only keep up with IF if I have no social plans and/or changes to my work schedule like super early meetings. So I only try to do it on those days where there’s nothing going on. But even when I was doing it more regularly (last year and early this year, before things started opening up) I didn’t notice any difference in terms of weight loss though. If I keep up my exercise routine and eat healthy, I lose weight and whether or not I do IF doesn’t make any difference, I eat exactly the same amount. I still do it on days that I can but mostly because I know it’s good for blood sugar levels.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I think at my age if I did IF by itself without also watching the types of foods or amounts I was eating I would not see weight loss. Maybe if I did something like an 18:6 or 20:4

But combining it with a low or no starch/sugar diet, plus drinking plenty of water and getting plenty of sleep I do. I'd like to add more physical activity at this point, but more for overall conditioning and de-stressing than weight loss.

It's been better to take my time with losing the weight. Even when I'm done losing it's probably going to take some time maintaining a size/weight I haven't been in years before my body completely adjusts. I feel like regular exercise and is going to be the key there so I'm trying to find a way to get back to this in some way that is compatible with my current schedule and life. I might just need a different job.

30.1# in 6 months.
    czb and palta like this.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread Information