Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: The Keto Diet

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    This is actually what I was doing.

https://www.amazon.com/Code-Red-Revo.../dp/1944602097

Book by Cristy Nickel.

And I know this lady personally. She lived here for awhile many years ago and we worked together. We were friends long before she moved away and became a nutritionist. She's all over TV, youtube and social media now. I don't message with her as much these days simply because she is so busy now.

Basically this is about eliminating sugar, starchy carbs and processed foods. But the number one rules are hydrating and getting enough sleep. It works. It requires some discipline initially. But it's easier once you're about 4-5 days in. You'll feel better regardless of any weight you feel you need to lose.

Life not revolving around food is more of a change for a lot of people than they realize, it was even for me. I'm wanting to get back to this so I'm about to reread. But DarkJr is reading it right now.

It all depends on what result you want to achieve. If you just lose weight, then you just need to reduce the daily amount of calories. If you want to build your body - eat more protein, but do not exclude fats and carbohydrates. Drinking and getting enough sleep are fundamental factors.

I take a supplement of spam ground up with glass and injected into my eyeballs.
    sputnik, twitchy2.0, palta and 2 others like this.
    Be excellent to each other.

The BEST is to wash it down with bleach. Soooo gooood.
    fgg likes this.

I just inject that shit!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_Leslie View Post
    It all depends on what result you want to achieve. If you just lose weight, then you just need to reduce the daily amount of calories. If you want to build your body - eat more protein, but do not exclude fats and carbohydrates. Drinking and getting enough sleep are fundamental factors.
    If you do eat this way, you will be taking in way less calories than you probably are when you are running your body on carbs/glucose. In fact, I was amazed that I could feel so full/satiated on 1100-1300 calories a day. Which is what I discovered my daily average intake was when I started also using the myfitness app.

(Before eating a fat-based diet) I could eat twice that many calories in a day and still feel hungry/deprived when I was eating a carb-based diet, even if the carbs were coming from high quality foods and not sugary "junk". It was a game changer.

Also: You also don't need large amounts of protein to build your body. This is the opposite of what the people trying to shill products will claim. You definitely don't need lots of carbs either. What you do need is regular physical activity that works your muscles balanced with enough rest to recover following that activity.
    sputnik likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    If you do eat this way, you will be taking in way less calories than you probably are when you are running your body on carbs/glucose. In fact, I was amazed that I could feel so full/satiated on 1100-1300 calories a day. Which is what I discovered my daily average intake was when I started also using the myfitness app.

(Before eating a fat-based diet) I could eat twice that many calories in a day and still feel hungry/deprived when I was eating a carb-based diet, even if the carbs were coming from high quality foods and not sugary "junk". It was a game changer.

Also: You also don't need large amounts of protein to build your body. This is the opposite of what the people trying to shill products will claim. You definitely don't need lots of carbs either. What you do need is regular physical activity that works your muscles balanced with enough rest to recover following that activity.
    agree. and you can achieve that without the keto diet, or any other fat based diet.
    that's what i'm doing with a mostly vegan, nutrient dense diet that also happens to be anti-inflammatory so it cuts out all added and refined sugars and processed or refined carbs that cause sugar spikes.
    i eat a lot of protein but because it's mostly from plant based sources, i'm also getting a ton of fiber (people are shocked when they find out how much fiber you need in a day) with my protein.

totally agree with you that people don't need as much protein as they think. and i don't get the obsession with protein and protein powders and supplements. also, people need to be way less dependent on convenience and prepared foods, and start reading labels and eat less processed food. there's a whole cottage industry out there of keto diet products that are full of inflammatory ingredients like refined fats, artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols, and empty calories and what i call soy-based junk food. soy is fine when it's from a whole food source, like edamame or soy sprouts or tofu and tempeh. but there's a ton of GMO, processed soy junk in so many diet products and allegedly 'healthy' alternatives to traditional junk food. i'm also convinced these foods can mess with your hormones and thyroid function and make it harder to lose weight.
    faithanne likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

As tempting as it is to be able to have some version of the "treats" like breads, desserts, etc. that you're giving up when you nix sugar and starch, when I first did this I just stayed away from those things altogether. And it wasn't hard at all once I got through the initial 4-5 days of detox.

Shoot, these days every kind of delicious-but-crappy-for-you food you'd ever previously enjoyed has a keto or low carb version of it (a recipe or a packaged convenience product) that is very occasionally legit, but more often than not just as unhealthy in its own way, or one that would throw you out of ketosis if you ate more than a few bites to a small serving of it.

Exs:
    ~A single "keto" pancake.
    ~More than a small handful (3-4) of those Highkey brand mini cookies in the 2oz packaged bag. And speaking of this particular brand (rant here):

If you google this item one of the images has a small bowl of these cookies with "milk" being poured over it! Don't get me wrong, I loved these cookies once I discovered them. They're tasty. I keep a bag in my desk. But if you are eating a whole bowl of them...even a small bowl...that would probably be equal to the whole bag! And milk? What the fuck? Milk = sugar. What in fuck is the purpose of buying low carb cookies if you're going to #1. Eat the whole bag. And #2. Pour milk over them and eat them like cereal. Hell you might as well spend a fraction of the money and just buy a box of "Cookie Crisp" cereal! It's probably not much less sugar than a bowl of Highkey cookies with milk. But wait? Are they actually pouring HWC over those instead of regular milk? As much as I love using HWC for recipes, maybe a spoonful over some nuts and berries in a condiment bowl, or even in my coffee if I want a little cream, I cannot see filling even a small bowl up with HWC and consuming it just so I can call myself "following a low carb diet". See this is exactly where people fuck up.
    sputnik likes this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

I want to read this! It's only $23.

I've lost 4# out of the 11 I gained this year in the pandemic.

Once I get the whole 11 off I'm gonna get down lower like I'd initially intended to do pre-pandemic.
    fgg and palta like this.

Bronze Member

7 more to go. Me, I need to get off 8.. but I don't know. There's a day when I'm motivated, then comes the lazy day.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread Information