Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Like Tree303Likes

Thread: The Keto Diet

Well done Charmed & Faithanne

I have no choice but to do IF as my diet provides the products (full vitamin etc meal replacements) so if I’ve eaten all of them for that day by 6pm.... well that’s it until the next day. I find that I try to eat breakfast as late as possible.
    Also I’ve found that I am *finally* finding my taste is changing, the sugar urges are weakening, the foods that used to taste good (ie high calorie, high fat/sugar, etc) don’t taste that good any more and I am finding that my head is telling me I don’t want them and that I’m not craving that “hit” as much.
    I did buy some petit biscuits (cookies - US) from the Polish deli because I knew that they wouldn’t be as sweet & I can have a couple and I’m good.
    I can’t wait until I can make a post like Charmed and Faithanne above have....
    faithanne and twitchy2.0 like this.

I still have a sweet tooth and eat chocolate every day, but it's good quality and I only have a small piece (compared to what I used to be able to put away).

Being unable to randomly snack changes the way you look at food - when you only have a limited period to get all your nutrients for the next 24 hours, you are a lot more conscious of eating food that will fill you up and give you the energy you need. Fasting gives me enough of a "sugar buzz", minus the sugar!
    Novice likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

fgg

i've been doing my IF for two years now and have a plateau lately. trying to switch it up here and there to re-shock my body and keep it guessing.
    Novice likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

czb

i have been doing mostly IF and have been happy. but fell off the wagon in the past 1.5 weeks and it's not good. death in the family, work crunches, and now i'm sick and that has all contributed to my decline. but i have a work team building offsite today so most likely won't be able to resume IF until tomorrow or sunday.

ugh. i gotta be social at the offsite. hopefully it doesn't kill me.
    Novice and MohandasKGanja like this.

fgg and Tati like this.

Bronze Member

I think this diet is not very cool stuff. My sister was sitting on it and observing all the rules, she just gained weight ((Maybe she just does not suit everyone. But proper nutrition in small portions is definitely suitable for everyone

It is now a popular way of eating. But everything is individual. Someone without fast carbohydrates simply cannot wake up in the morning and start working. It seems to me that the main thing is to be able to feel your body, understand its needs, and moderately allow yourself different products. Although if there is a food allergy, it is best to avoid allergens (obviously, some are playing with their health).

This does not work if you don't stick to it long enough to give your body a chance to switch over to burning fat instead of glucose. Most people don't.
    fgg and MohandasKGanja like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I can't do keto for the simple reason that I just don't want to consume that much meat, or fat (it triggers inflammation). plus you'd have to pry my oat milk tea fog from my cold, dead hands. it's the only thing that's come close to replacing my beloved cow's milk which i had to give up, and it seems like all the keto people i know are all into coffee creamers and i hate that shit. i also don't want to consume any artificial sweeteners - not that i eat that much sugar but i like to at least have a bit of honey in my tea. something like paleo mixed with anti-inflammatory diet (no gluten, no processed foods or saturated fats, no refined sugar) is what i'm aiming for to get this covid weight gain under control.

But for people who can do it, it really does seem to work.
    Last edited by sputnik; January 15th, 2021 at 12:06 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I just noticed this thread (I think). I'm not on a true keto diet, but I have pretty substantially reduced the amount of carbs I consume. I used to eat a lot of bread, or anything bread-based, and I've pretty much lost my appetite for it. But during the COVID period, I've lost my appetite in general. It's been very easy to pick and choose what I want to eat and not overdo it. Historically, I probably love chocolate as much as Faithanne, but I am just not feeling it these days. Eating a chocolate is almost like taking a pill. Right now, I am just under 160 pounds (72 KG) at 5'10"/1.78m, which is at least 10 pounds less than at the beginning of 2020. I am able to occasionally splurge and not gain weight. Mrs Mo and I split beers that would be 300 Cal if you drank the whole bottle. We work out 5 times a week.

Mrs Mo actually had a high A1C, and she was already pretty fit. So, now she is going to reduce sugar/carbs even more. She'll probably be even thinner. I think that she is really bummed that she played by the rules her entire life, and this happened, but you sometimes can't outrun genetics (there is a lot of Type 2 on her mom's side of the family).
    Novice likes this.

My diet was/is not really Keto but close.

I'm floored at what some people are eating who are doing "keto".
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    My diet was/is not really Keto but close.

I'm floored at what some people are eating who are doing "keto".
    I think the first time I heard of the Keto diet (or one like it) was like 20+ years ago when I was visiting the Connecticut branch of a company I worked for. There was this big, awesome breakfast buffet laid out at the hotel. One of my coworkers was this fit, smart woman who I think was her late 40's. She starts grabbing all the meat and sausage and eggs, but leaving every carb-like thing behind - no rolls, or biscuits, or danishes or anything with sugar. She explained it was a new diet she was on that burns fat. I think it was an Atkins thing.

I packed on over 5 kg since the beginning of Covid, after losing 4 times that doing intermittent fasting over the previous 18 months. So my new year's resolution was to get back into my IF routine and to be honest, it's piss easy. I'm already seeing the blubber start to melt away from around my middle, which is where the bulk of the lard settled (although technically it was mostly chocolate). I eat 2 big meals between about 11am-3pm plus a couple of snacks (almonds, banana), some carbs but mostly protein and fresh veggies/salad. I still have a little bit of gelato every day but I had to get rid of the chocolate because it's too easy to snack on. By the time I finish eating I'm so stuffed that when I start to feel hungry again it's really late and it's easy just to wait until the next feeding frenzy in the morning.
    czb, Novice, Beeyotch and 3 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread Information