Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Like Tree250Likes

Thread: The Keto Diet

No, no daycare, it's just me and him, all day. I keep meaning to look into some Montessori schools for the sake of social interaction and more structure but I haven't yet.

Yeah the stress/boredom combo kicks in around 5pm, aka wine o'clock. But my body just can't handle it like it used to, I wake up tired after even 1 glass. So I cut that out altogether. Rather, I keep it in reserve for when I *really* need an adult treat.

When I was home with my second baby son I had a best gf who also was also home during the day. We talked on the phone all the time. Sometimes we'd watch Maury together on the phone. Haha.
    I also did a lot of reading, craft stuff and baking. It was pretty fun. I miss my little boys. Enjoy every second you get, Bee. It really does go by before you know it.
    Beeyotch and Novice like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

czb

can you find a mom's group? because maybe there is a play group you can find. it will help both you and your son. and any kind of preschool sitch, even for a few hours a few times a week, will help.

it's really hard being alone with a small kid all day. the moms i know who were happy with it always were able to hook with other moms so the kids could play and they could get a break.

yeah I hate meeting people, lol. I really do like being alone, I would really only do it for his sake so he'd get some social interaction.

Me, I just need some alone time to read, sleep, do self-care like my nails/blow-dry my hair, etc. My mom came a couple weeks ago so we could have a long weekend in Key West for our anniversary/my birthday. That was nice.
    Nevan and Novice like this.

czb

cool that you had a nice weekend away.

i get what you mean about meeting people, i don't like it so much, either. but would probably be good for him. and who knows, you might meet some nice people?

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I've been off a bit here and there too for the last few months. But I've been back on it strictly for like 2 weeks. I have been going to the gym every other day too for a week. I just got back and am enjoying a nice protein rich breakfast. I don't know what kicked in? But I'm loving all the energy I have. And I'm sleeping so well.
    Mrs Mo is on some kind of modified keto diet (in association with her nutritionist). Your breakfast description reminded me that every weekday, I will make her an omelet with three egg whites, one egg yolk, some shredded cheese and a slice of really high-quality deli turkey. Plus, a turkey sausage link. (I make something similar for our son, too).

That combination gets her through the whole breakfast time zone without hunger. She also started buying a much higher quality coffee than usual, which made it easier to drink that black, without a bunch of sugary additives. I think she looks amazing right now - I've told her she looks like a retired commando. But I think job stress is also suppressing her appetite and is responsible for some of the weight loss. This is happening in tandem with some other stuff that tends to happen when you are in your 50's -- she is not sleeping well at all because of that.
    Nevan likes this.

I diet the Fit and Trim bread from Aldi. I think it's called Fit and Trim. I call it diet bread. It's 35 calories per slice. It's now the only bread I'll eat. All the other bread tastes too sweet.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I diet the Fit and Trim bread from Aldi. I think it's called Fit and Trim. I call it diet bread. It's 35 calories per slice. It's now the only bread I'll eat. All the other bread tastes too sweet.
    don't even get me started on that. even before i started the anti-inflammatory diet and was still eating bread, i was basically limited to whole foods bakery bread or other 'real' bakery breads because all the bread in the US has sugar in it for some fucked up mysterious reason. bread isn't supposed to be sweet!!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

ugh. i hate sweet bread. i stick to the baguettes from the local artisan bakeries. like these from acme:

speaking of unnecessary sugar, the other day, i went to jamba juice for the first time in months. just got the basic smoothie, strawberries mainly and some yogurt. it was so sweet, much sweeter than i remembered. really gross. fruit doesn't need added sugar!
    sputnik, Novice, sprynkles and 1 others like this.

Hey, speaking of that, my son and I were walking through Aldi, buying some groceries this weekend. As a lark, I picked up their knockoff Cocoa Pebbles cereal. But I checked the label before I put it in the cart and saw that it had 18g of sugar per serving. I am almost positive that it previously had only 11g. 11g was some kind of limit that a lot of manufacturers were observing for cereals - as long as it wasn't something like Raisin Bran, where there was a higher limit because of fruit. So, I put it back. By the way, the real Cocoa Pebbles still has only 10g of sugar. Weird.

And people wonder why there’s an obesity epidemic...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

You can make keto ice cream with coconut milk. Or heavy cream like I do! Have not made this in awhile but now just talking about it makes me want some!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Nearly all of the Fit and Active line at Aldi is pretty good. The pasta though

Thumbs up Life Changing Chaffles!!!

These recipes are so simple and look so good. I have made cheesy almond flour waffles and they were beyond delicious. I used it like a bread also. It made a very filling sammie!

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information