Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keira Knightley claims she's "twice the size" of most Hollywood actresses

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    But that's kinda the same thing. Denial takes many different forms.
    True, denial does take on many different forms...but there is a difference between vocally expressing yourself and keeping it inside.

I just meant that not all people with eating disorders are going to bitch and moan about the comments people make about their weight and then eventually start reassuring people that they don't have a problem and bringing up their weight again even after they bitch and moan about how that's all people talk about...(which would make it seem that they were just craving the attention brought on to them in the first place...)

But just the way you worded it before made it seem as though you were saying all or most people with eating disorders are that way...which makes it seem as if they are all whiney and attention seeking...

At least that's how I took it but maybe I looked into what you were saying the wrong way and if I did I apologize...

I am just very sensitive when it comes to issues involving eating disorders because this hits close to home with me...

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

i just want to say that i doubt that she just says these things unprompted for the sheer sake of talking about her weight... she is being interviewed most of the time obviously her weight comes up a lot in interviews hence the reason why it seems as though she is constantly talking about her weight. It seems kinda unfair to pick on her for answering questions about her weight because guaranteed if she refused to comment, the stories that would circulate would be far worse.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

She always talks about her body, or so it seems. I hope she doesn't get an Oscar / Golden Globe nomination. Can you imagine her acceptance speech? Thank you so much, I eat like a horse, my boobs were photoshopped, yadda yadda.

Bitch please.

One day maybe Keira will open her mouth and say something that doesn't annoy me - aargh!!!!

How often is she *actually* directly asked about her weight in relation to how often she talks about her weight?
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I remember her when she was in bend it like beckham and yes,she was very slim also back then,so I don't ever expect to see keira as a woman with a beautiful curvy body but the way she is now to me,is disease,it's not normal,i understand in her world most probably is all right,but to me she looks really bad with all those prickly bones

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Am I the only one that didn't read this as 'waah I'm so big'?

SHe's always said she's skinny. I read it as 'when (even) I am twice the size of the actresses there, that's time to get out' It's not her saying she's fat, it's her saying that she's not the skinniest; there are a lot of those girls who are tiny, but because they're short it doesn't look as skin and bone as Keira-look at Kylie for an example. She's a UK size 4, which is US size 0, but doesn't look skin and bone because she's only 5ft tall.

I understood it this way, but I still think it's kind of an awkard thing to say.
    It's like she were trying to make people think she's not that skinny by saying "hey look around, there are people even more skinny than me !" but no, come on !
    Maybe there are girls who are skinnier but nonetheless, Keira still is verry skinny !

So what's the point in saying that ???

Why is she ALWAYS talking about her body anyway ??????
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

For some reason I like her, but I agree that she whines too much.I have a friend that is also naturally slim & during times of stress she will lose up to 15 pounds very quickly & looks very skinny much like Keira. Her recent pictures tell a different story though, she really needs to put weight on.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

This is sad to me. She seems to have serious body dysmorphia. I am not assuming an Eating Disorder, but she has an askewed view of herself. That's a hard thing to break away from.

I think it is obvious that she has an eating disorder..or a medical problem..either way skeletor has a problem.

Silver Member

ahhahahahahahah?
    sorry, what?

-------------

mean jokes aside, some people realy do not know how lucky they are to be alive... life must be a joke for them...

Eli

She's twice the size coz of that dark matter resting behind her evil eyes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information