Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

Bronze Member

Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

That bikini shot is really unfortunate. This woman, after all, wasn't she Miss Universe or Miss USA?

She's about 5'9, and she's clocking in at about 210. She is not simply large, or just overweight, but is authentically obese, and clearly has a BMI over 30. I can feel for her, having just lost 50 pounds myself, and having looked like her obese twin sister until it came off. While she still has a pretty face and is clearly riding that, she won't be pretty for much longer if she keeps up the weight gain. Another dozen pounds and she's just going to start looking ugly-obese.

Losing the weight is hard - for me it took 10 monhts of boring exercise and calorie restriction - the old fashioned way. Just because it's hard to do doesn't give anyone a pass. I gained the weight in 5 months because I stopped caring and ate whatever I wanted, and it took 10 months to get it off.

Thank goodness Janet took it off as well, though I don't believe for a minute that it was for a movie role. She's always had a a predisposition to chunkiness, even as a kid and teen.

Keely is clearly shopping in the women's department - at her height and weight, she's looking like an 18w. Being fat isn't fun.

Gold Member

When my husband and I split up we both started working out (separately) as stress relief. One of the last things he said when we were in counseling was that I had let myself go. After two kids, I wound up going from a size 6 to a 10 and weighed 130 lbs. This really hurt and pretty much prompted me going ahead and filing for divorce.

This stupid comment messed me up so badly that I wound up hitting the gym constantly. I mean, in the mornings before work, on my lunch break, after work. I bought a treadmill so I could walk at home before bedtime. I wound up cutting out sodas, carbs & any type of junk food. I mean, I wouldn't even eat a single M&M. It reached the point where I was constantly hungry, sick, and tired. I was craving proteins from all the exercise, and crabby because of it. I dropped from a size 10 to a 2 (they were really loose, but I didn't want to go into 0's)and still felt fat. What's worse is that everyone was complimenting me about losing weight, and I wasn't that big to begin with.

I finally realized that I was lapsing into the anorexia mentality. It was easy for me because my mother always picked at me about running the risk of becoming fat as a child (I wasn't). She's 5' and weighs 98 lbs, is a size 4 and has never exercised a day in her life. She eats only oriental foods, so nothing is fried. She is also always sick, has high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a heart condition, and liver problems. Realizing that I was smaller than her was a great rush, but it also made me see that I was getting out of control with the weight loss.

I am now a size 4 again and my husband (we reconciled) is happy with my size. He of course has now gained weight and could be considered "at risk for becoming overweight". My parents are both now on my case and want me to lose weight again. I still exercise at least an hour a day, but my dad (ex drill sergeant) has told me that I need to kick it back up a notch.

What really pisses me off is that my daughter is 10. She's almost 5' and weighs a little over 90 lbs. Her school sent home a letter stating that she is in danger of becoming overweight. She's a little chunky, and always has been. She weighed 9'4" at birth but has never been sick a day in her life. My parents, husband, in-laws (and I mean ALL of them) constantly call me and tell me that she needs to lose weight. She hears this and is starting to obsess about weight. She drinks water, swims, plays tennis, doesn't eat carbs, and I catch her at odd hours of the night using my treadmill. It breaks my heart because she will probably never be as thin as her friends.

I understand about America's obsession about being thin. But too thin is just as dangerous. I worry about what impact America's obsession with thinness is going to do to our children. As long as KSS's weight isn't impacting her health and is happy or has come to terms with how she looks then people should stay off of her case.

Sorry about the rant.

Whoa...your parents sound like they are anoxeric themselves. Pushing you to lose more weight after a brush with anoxeria, and harassing your daughter? I guess nobody in your family has ever heard of baby fat? I'm a size 8 (used to be a 4) and I've made my peace with it. There are more important things in life than being rail thin, especially as you age. Fitness is one of them, being unnaturally thin isn't.

I see all kinds of too-thin women whose faces are haggard and frankly, unattractive. Plus, their obsession with food and exercise makes them extremely boring people IMO.

Oh lord. Luvmy2cats, your family sounds like mine. I went through the exact same thing when I was a pre-teen. I finally let it be known to all that I didn't care what they or anyone else thought about my weight.

Only difference is, I am overweight. Your daughter sounds *underweight*. I'm her height, and I look Nicole Richie-like if I go under 120.
    2 years...

Note to self: Read threads that go over 6 pages, even when you're not interested in the thread title.

Wow, how did I miss this one? Lots of great points, here.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by South Lake
    WOW. That girl's got BALLS going out in a bikini like that! *I* don't even go out in a bikini and I don't look nearly as bad lol.
    Can't see the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    Can't see the pics.
    Picture a whale in a bikini and you've got it. And, yes, for everyone in denial, that woman is obese. Rolls of fat coming in on the tide....I'm surprise PETA didn't go down there to save the whale and try to roll her back in.....

Bronze Member

Here's the bikinin picture for those of you who couldn't view it (it was taken down):

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLikeRoses
    Here's the bikinin picture for those of you who couldn't view it (it was taken down):

I'm sorry but if I was a man I'd much rather go to bed with Keely, rather than

Keely looks alot more comfortable in herself than Posh ever will.

I can imagine Keely would be more fun to go out with as well. Posh would sit in a corner drinking water and eating tissue paper in a sad attempt to look as skinny as someone 15 years younger than herself.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic
    Picture a whale in a bikini and you've got it. And, yes, for everyone in denial, that woman is obese. Rolls of fat coming in on the tide....I'm surprise PETA didn't go down there to save the whale and try to roll her back in.....

Have you ever gone to a site where actual obese women are pictured? Seriously, have you?

If not, I suggest you go take a look before you call this woman obese. There is no denying she is over weight, but is not obese.

"Whale in a bikini".. are you a teenager?

Bronze Member

All you need is a BMI of 30 to be considered obese. There's a real difference in how an "obese" woman looks vs a super-obese or morbidly obese woman. In general, Americans are too fat, and often are perception of what is "normal" is skewed by our being accustomed to think of what is actually overweight (but not obese) as "normal".

At 5'5, I now weigh 145 pounds. I am a size 6 bust, size 8 waist, and a size 12-14 bottoms. Before this, I was 195 pounds, a size 12 bust, size 14 waist, and size 16w bottom. Based on just my upper half, I didn't look obese, but when you saw the whole picture, the bottom half was a problem. And my BMI was 32.4, well above obese. Only now have I gotten to a BMI of 24.9 which is in the high end of "normal" and no longer overweight.

People's perceptions are truly warped sometimes. My husband is 6'2, and considers himself "normal" at 235, even though he is currently 185. I've tried pointing out to him that at 235, his BMI is still 30.2, and he'd technically be obese, let alone overweight. Right now he thinks of himself as "overweight" but not obese simply because he fits into the largest size the regular stores carry (size 42, waist, sometimes size 44 waist). He's truly delusional. At 285, his BMI is over 36, and truth be told, he needs to lose about 100 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette
    I'm sorry but if I was a man I'd much rather go to bed with Keely, rather than

Keely looks alot more comfortable in herself than Posh ever will.

I can imagine Keely would be more fun to go out with as well. Posh would sit in a corner drinking water and eating tissue paper in a sad attempt to look as skinny as someone 15 years younger than herself.
    Heh, talk about your extreme example. And I think it depends on the guy (some men I know have real issues with extra weight), but yes, most guys I know personally would rather sleep with a shapely fat chick than someone who looks like a starvation victim.

As for Keely, I don't know for sure whether she's medically obese, but in the bikini shots, she looks uncomfortably overweight. I thought she looked lovely in the gown shots, but seing her in a bikini, I personally think she could stand to loose a few pounds. It doesn't look that far off from actual health problems, it's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic
    You, sweetheart, are an ass.

.... and no doubt you are a very lonely, friendless individual.
    Last edited by redheadlauren; June 8th, 2006 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella
    Heh, talk about your extreme example. And I think it depends on the guy (some men I know have real issues with extra weight), but yes, most guys I know personally would rather sleep with a shapely fat chick than someone who looks like a starvation victim.

As for Keely, I don't know for sure whether she's medically obese, but in the bikini shots, she looks uncomfortably overweight. I thought she looked lovely in the gown shots, but seing her in a bikini, I personally think she could stand to loose a few pounds. It doesn't look that far off from actual health problems, it's all I'm saying.
    Lol, yeah I used an extreme example just because people are making an extreme example of Keely.

A phrase I heard recently which made me laugh/feel a little ill was 'Posh Spice? God, that would be like shagging a bag of antlers!'

Now I know with people like her and Nicole et al it is not really about sex, it's a cry for attention/whatever, but it was reassuring to hear that in a funny kind of way (especially as it cam e from my SO! )

Bronze Member

I think it's awesome that a handsome actor like Pierce finds beauty in a woman who is not some Hollywood clone. It says much about him and their love. Maybe I wouldn't be so darn restrictive with myself trying to maintain my size 0 figure if more men set this example. And I don't want to present Keely as a pity victim here. She is clearly comfortable with herself and a strong woman who probably wouldn't tolerate a man who made her feel less than beautiful just because of her size.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information