Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark
    By that same token, you can be 5'2" and 143# and 25% bodyfat. Yet someone who might be looking at just your height and weight written down on a piece of paper will call you obese. There was a point when those were my exact stats once. I literally had a nurse at a doc's office look me up and down and make me get off the scale so she could make sure the scale was adjusted correctly and reweigh me because even she could not believe I weighed that much. When I told her it was probably correct, because I'd weighed at the gym the night before...she asked me where I was hiding it all. It was during my roughly two year spell of powerlifting with heavy weights. I assure you I did not look like the women you see at the Olympics or the bodybuilders who take steroids. Kind of Serena-ish.
    Oh I totally hear you on that I'm the same way.

Actual pounds doesn't really matter - only body fat - and it seems (finally) that people are finally starting to get that.

PL - awesome!!!!!
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    About the "Fat and Proud brigade", I was a member for a very long time. I work in a plus size clothing store where we are encouraged to be positive about our size (and yet there's always at least 1 person on a crazy diet), and I used to go to all the BBW bashes. Plus size women are only proud about themselves when surrounded by other plus size women. They instantly become less comfortable when surrounded by the skinny chicks. In fact, I like how I look in clothes, I think that generally my shape is a pleasant one, just larger than the thin girls (it's a slightly more bottomheavy hourglass). I can be getting ready to go out and think I look really, really hot, but then I go out with my friends-who go towards the thin side, and I instantly feel like I look stupid. I act like I don't feel stupid, but I'll still get ignored by all the guys wherever we go b/c I'm the "fat chick". It doesn't matter so much to me anymore b/c I haven't been single for a long time, but it used to when I was single. It also helped me to sort of settle into my "one of the guys" role. When I meet guys they don't see me as a sexual being b/c of my size (b/c it's not cool to even act like you could like anything about the fat chick), so I become their friend. That's probably the only part of being bigger that I actually like, I have some great guy friends that I don't know if I would have if I were thin.

When I went to BBW dances, the women there were all in the same boat, and all looked like they were truly happy b/c there weren't the skinny girls to steal their thunder, in a way. It's rough being overweight, ESPECIALLY as a teen. You have to develop a really thick skin. I'm sort of at the point where I've reached the end of my rope of "I like who I am as I am and if people don't like it too bad", that only gets you so far. Eventually it all wears you down and you know you need to change something. Plus, my boyfriend was put on a diet by his doctor, I was going to do it with him, then never really started. I saw him this weekend and he looks great, he's down 2 pants sizes and it's my turn to get my ass in gear.

I apologize if this was all really hard to follow, it was very stream of consciousness so the thoughts are probably not as organized as they could be.

Very thoughtful post (and easy to follow). Good luck with getting that "ass in gear." You can do it!

I think she looks beautiful both ways. Heck atleast they're still married!
    You take your party with you so lets roll.

Bronze Member

well like i always say theres nothin wrong with a little beef on your bones, you gotta have something for your man to hold onto!!! LOL

Bronze Member

here are some new Keely pics.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...showbiz5.shtml

WOW she has gotten big and fat now.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Not to sound evil, but I really, really, wish that curvy would stop being used as a euphemism for fat. Curvy to me indicates a shapely figure that is fit. Arm flab doesn't count as one of the curves.

Bronze Member

She is not meant to be really thin. She is a bigger woman to begin with. Not making excuses here, she definitely is too heavy but she would have to starve to achieve hollywood thin.

women dont look good fat. and men dont like THAT MUCH extra weight. I would hide her snack cakes

Quote Originally Posted by hortoen
    here are some new Keely pics.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...showbiz5.shtml

WOW she has gotten big and fat now.
    WOW. That girl's got BALLS going out in a bikini like that! *I* don't even go out in a bikini and I don't look nearly as bad lol.

Elite Member

women dont look good fat. and men dont like THAT MUCH extra weight. I would hide her snack cakes
    That's rather subjective, you know, to say the least... Plenty of people think that some women at least look good fat, and yes, there are men who like that much extra weight. There are also men who don't really care, believe it or not!

How good it makes you feel to be "that fat" is another matter - people like you certainly don't make it easier! - but it's perfectly possible to be fat AND fit, to a certain extent. Having a BMI between 25 and 30 won't kill anyone, and if you're in good shape and have a lot of muscle mass, it isn't necessarily bad for your health either. I'd say that Keely Shaye Smith is probably overweight, rather than obese (over 30), which is another matter and far more dangerous...

Looks pretty good to me:

^ I love that book, WickedHo

didn't she lose a ton of weight after that book came out though?

I haven't read the book. I was just looking for a picture of a good-looking "fat girl."

FYI: There are big girls, and there are fat girls. I think Manheim and Smith are big women, whereas Kirstie Alley is just plain fat.

She's lost some weight recently, but she wore a size 24 for a very long time after the book came out. She was pretty thin in college due to being addicted to speed and cigarettes (which she talks about in the book).

ETA: Camryn, not Keely

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information