Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 248

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

  1. #61
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,570

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Icepik
    Are you male or female?

    I put my money on *guy*. But no way to be 100% sure anyway.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  2. #62
    Gold Member phishtickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    948

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Oh come on now... who cares! Seriously! I do NOT think this woman can be called "overweight", shes only curvy in my eyes. I think it sounds ridiculous to call her fat. She is gorgeous and classy and people are people, not looks. Oh and also, some people may have the resources and the money to hire people to make them into anything they want, but some people just dont believe in superficial things like running to a plastic surgeon 10 times a month to tweak. Nothing wrong with having brains and personality, as a matter of fact its something to be proud about, on top of her looks, which are gorgeous anyway.

  3. #63
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Keely's a stunning woman with a wonderfully voluptuous figure that many men find incredibly sexy. Pierce Brosnan is one lucky guy!

  4. #64
    Elite Member NawdleZouss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In a space-dye vest
    Posts
    2,847

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by phishtickie
    Oh come on now... who cares! Seriously! I do NOT think this woman can be called "overweight", shes only curvy in my eyes. I think it sounds ridiculous to call her fat. She is gorgeous and classy and people are people, not looks. Oh and also, some people may have the resources and the money to hire people to make them into anything they want, but some people just dont believe in superficial things like running to a plastic surgeon 10 times a month to tweak. Nothing wrong with having brains and personality, as a matter of fact its something to be proud about, on top of her looks, which are gorgeous anyway.
    *hugs Phishtickie*
    2 years...

  5. #65
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,947

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    She is overweight. I refuse to call anyone fat.

    Keeley does weigh more than someone her height should, but it's not an astronomical amount. She, like many people are overweight...so what?? She isn't morbidly obese, she has no handicap because of it. This is my point.

    When she met Pierce she was thin, there is no doubt about that but she was probably starving herself to get/stay that way (someone here already said they knew her personally and she always claimed to be hungry) after a few years and a few children, she gained weight..ok, she's able to care for her children and obviously her husband still loves her cuzzzzz he's still with her.

    If she or those around her were suffering because of it then I could possibly see the point of people having such a problem with her weight but as it stands... the argument that she was thin once and should have remained as such is ridiculous.. as is the argument that he'll leave her because of the weight gain or that he's a great man for staying with her because of the weight gain. It's all ridiculous.

    I think her husband is (obviously) more intelligent and (obviously) their relationship is more profound than her having to be a size 2.

  6. #66
    Elite Member suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by phishtickie
    Oh come on now... who cares! Seriously! I do NOT think this woman can be called "overweight", shes only curvy in my eyes. I think it sounds ridiculous to call her fat. She is gorgeous and classy and people are people, not looks.

    No disrepsect meant but while she is gorgeous and classy she is obese by medical standards.

    Take a good look at those photos - she has a corset on - she is at bare minimum 50-60 lbs overweight and that makes her obsese.

    What she does have is a great shape, the large breasts and big booty to keep her looking hourglass shape.

    It's sad really and I totally understand how difficult it is to lose weight and stay fit but she and her husband have the means for her to find the right doctor, trainer, chef even to help her become a thinner healthier person.

    The people I do feel for are those that are busting their ass to lose weight and either can't afford to eat healthy food or have a medical problem and do not have money or health insurance to get the help they need.

    Sorry for the rant...
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

  7. #67
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Thank you! Fat is just that.....fat. It isn't a comment on her character, personality or attractiveness. Everyone jumps on a person who says someone is fat. Those things I never said that were "understood" by others comes from their heads, not mine.

    If you define "fat" as lazy and sloppy, then you need to look at weight a different way. Just the same as if you see "skinny" as drug addicted and anorexic.

    All it means is how much fat is on the body. Period. Touchy, touchy, touchy.

  8. #68
    Elite Member sweetrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    northwest mississippi
    Posts
    5,575

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by suede
    We a collective we, tease Britney for becoming a cow and when she managed to lose weight after pregnancy no one could give her credit - it "had" to be do to surgery.

    Federline - reportedly snorts and oinks at Britney when ever she eats.

    Nice.


    That said - when you have money, time and unlimited resources (doctors/tariners) at your fingertips you have no excuse for being overweight and unfit.

    Bottom line is she is extremely overweight and her size just makes Brosnan look like a better man. But would a better man let the mother of his children live in such an unhealthy manner?

    Something to consider.
    Depending on her height and actual BMI she might not be all that 'unfit'...maybe she feels comfortable at that weight and doesn't feel the need to starve herself.
    As far as the statements about him begging her to go to functions-maybe she is shy-not embarrassed-maybe she doesn't like all these functions-maybe she see all the fake-read-sickenly skinny women who are PS'd to death...
    I don't think he is this great man-I think he is just a man who loves his wife-period.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

  9. #69
    Silver Member PlasticGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Africa - Cape Town
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    I love the way thin women are regarded as sickly and the 'evil' ones. Hate to break it to you, but some women are lucky enough to not have to diet AND they remain thin. Just cuz someone is fat everyone feels the need to run to their defence. She is obviously NOT happy being as fat as she is, who WOULD be? Its not pleasing to the eye, and its not fun being in the shoes of the fat woman. NO it doesnt reflect on her being a good person, but she does obviously overeat, therefore gains weight. "Diets dont work" is the excuse of someone who isnt willing to sacrifice guzzling on cream pies. Everyone always gets all PC when referring to the fat chick. But so many here have spat venom when referring to the 'skinny chicks'.
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

  10. #70
    Elite Member ConstanceSpry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,701

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    She has a beautiful face and great hair but she is quite large, no getting around that. However, as people get older and (hopefully) more mature, physical perfection in a spouse is not as important as health. If she is healthy in spite of her weight, maybe he does not care that she is heavy.

  11. #71
    Bronze Member pinkdiamondgrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Well, she is definetely a beautiful woman, although I think she is overweight. I think it must be so hard for her to be this size in the industry her husband is in. I see normal women her size everyday and you wouldn't think twice about their weight.

    I worked in the fashion industry fo 16 years, and fought so hard to stay at a weight that was not natural for me. When I became pregnant with my daughter I gained 60 lbs, it seemed no matter what I did the weight piled on. I could not get it off for well over a year and I was so ashamed and embarrased- I KNOW everyone was gossiping about how I "let myself go", but sometimes pregnancy changes hormones, metabolism etc and no matter what you do, the weight does not budge, or budges very slowly. I did Weight Watchers by the book, as if my LIFE depended on it, and I was lucky to lose a 1/2 lb to a 1 lb a week.

    My point is, maybe this happened to her and she just got tired of fighting. For alot of us, the baby weight DOES NOT fall off from breastfeeding, chasing the baby around, whatever. It is so hard to lose for some of us, I am guessing Keely too.

    Regardless, she could attempt to lose 10% of her weight which still would put her way heavier than Hollywood standards, but its reasonable and attainable. She certainly doesn't need to be the size she was when she and Pierce met.

    Not all of us are wired to be a size 4, 6, or 8-no matter how much money we have. Life is too short to be that obssesed with it. I still think she is stunning at the weight she is today, but from my own experieince I can't beleive she is 100% comfortable being at her current size weight in that arena.

    JMHO!
    Last edited by MaryJane; June 9th, 2006 at 10:37 AM. Reason: double post deleted

  12. #72
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,570

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by PlasticGirl
    I love the way thin women are regarded as sickly and the 'evil' ones. Hate to break it to you, but some women are lucky enough to not have to diet AND they remain thin. Just cuz someone is fat everyone feels the need to run to their defence. She is obviously NOT happy being as fat as she is, who WOULD be? Its not pleasing to the eye, and its not fun being in the shoes of the fat woman. NO it doesnt reflect on her being a good person, but she does obviously overeat, therefore gains weight. "Diets dont work" is the excuse of someone who isnt willing to sacrifice guzzling on cream pies. Everyone always gets all PC when referring to the fat chick. But so many here have spat venom when referring to the 'skinny chicks'.
    If the skinny chicks, whether by genetics or choice, are unwittingly (or worse, purposefully) helping set an unhealthy standard by which normal weight women are judged....then maybe they deserve at least a little bit of the venom. I have all the sympathy for women who really do have a hard time gaining weight, especially if they are experiencing health probs as a result of (which I've seen lots of). But not only are those women few and far between, but they no longer want to or feel the need to gain any weight and feel *blessed* even if they are in an unhealthily underweight range just because nowadays our standards have changed so drastically. I guess that's good for them, but for everyone else...even the average weight people? It sucks. 30 years ago KSS would have been considered *chubby* or Rubenesque. Now she's obese. But that's not unusual now that women who clinically fall into the normal weight ranges for their heights are considered *chubby* or *thick*. Regardles of how big she looks to some people on here I'd be comfortable betting money that by medical standards her bodyfat percentage is in the overweight range and that she is technically not obese. There's some evenly distributed muscle tone up underneath that fat for her to be carrying it so well and still look that shapely and not like a flabby piece of crap.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  13. #73
    Silver Member PlasticGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Africa - Cape Town
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    I really dont want to seem argumentative - but she is grossly overweight. I dont see why skinny women should deserve ANY venom just to make fat people feel better. If fat people feel worse when seeing a thin woman, that is their problem. By my standards, this woman was considered fat quite a few pounds ago. She is the underdog - therefore we feel the need to stick up for her.
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

  14. #74
    Elite Member NawdleZouss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In a space-dye vest
    Posts
    2,847

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by PlasticGirl
    I really dont want to seem argumentative - but she is grossly overweight. I dont see why skinny women should deserve ANY venom just to make fat people feel better. If fat people feel worse when seeing a thin woman, that is their problem. By my standards, this woman was considered fat quite a few pounds ago. She is the underdog - therefore we feel the need to stick up for her.
    She's not grossly overweight. She's overweight. And as a "fat person" myself, I can tell you that I don't feel bad looking at skinny women. It's when people label overweight people as "gross", "disgusting", "slobs", or "pigs"; yet hold up emaciation as a standard for beauty that irks me.

    Also, skinny women really don't get any venom. Maybe where you live, but since I started to be observant of these things, I've seen that even the sickly underweight model types are always treated more favorably by society in general than the fat ones.
    2 years...

  15. #75
    Silver Member PlasticGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Africa - Cape Town
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Its not only where i live that skinny women get the venom - your comments were also venomous towards the skinny woman. You also seemed very angry at the stereotypical thin woman being praised for being slim. I agree that people see fat ppl as being lazy/slobs as unfair, but seeing thin people as starved is unfair as well. I am slim (not stick thin) and i GORGE on food, i always stick up for fat people when other girls say "oh she probably stuffs her face all the time, its not a disease to be fat - its gluttony that causes weight gain" i always say "NO, u either have hereditary fat genes or u dont, because i PIG OUT and stay slim. Fat ppl do overeat, but their metabolism doesnt process it as fast as slim ppl's do"
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Keely Shaye Smith - What's my size?
    By SmellsLikeRoses in forum Weight
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: August 10th, 2006, 11:49 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 4th, 2006, 09:51 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 7th, 2006, 01:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •