Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 248

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

  1. #226
    Elite Member moomies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough
    Posts
    15,515

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    I was thinking the exact same thing! Beeyotch will be bejewelled with several green gems

    If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

  2. #227
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,800

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    She will be a Beejewelled Beeyotch.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  3. #228
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch
    People who are fat know they're fat. They're fat, not dumb. Making assumptions about how they gorge on oreos and point out how they should really exercise more and eat less (duh) is not helpful at all. Saying they're not responsible for their habits that make them fat isn't going to magically make them change just because they were criticized. Unless all you're really out to do is express your disgust at fat people and how lazy you think they are. If that's the case, don't be surprised when people are offended by your opinion.

    Lecturing about nutrition and exercise on a message board, making generalizations about people whose history you don't know, so you can win an argument about calling someone OBESE makes you come off a little obnoxious. And petty to boot.
    Sounds like serious control issues to me. Makings of a true bulimic..... But then, I'm just obnoxious. I'm not trying to make fat people change, I'm just stating my opinions which I thought was the purpose of a gossip board? I don't care if they're fat. Just cover up all the flubber so I don't have to look at it. And buy lots of health insurance so my premiums don't go up paying for their coronary heart disease and diabetes.

  4. #229
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,809

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic
    Sounds like serious control issues to me. Makings of a true bulimic..... But then, I'm just obnoxious. I'm not trying to make fat people change, I'm just stating my opinions which I thought was the purpose of a gossip board? I don't care if they're fat. Just cover up all the flubber so I don't have to look at it. And buy lots of health insurance so my premiums don't go up paying for their coronary heart disease and diabetes.
    As if these conditions don't have genetic components as well. What is much more important for health insurance premiums is knowing your genetics, controlling drinking, no smoking, and preventative health measures. It is one thing to be overweight and do nothing. It is another thing to be overweight and try to do something about it...and if you cannot lose the weight at least be aware of the health effects of your condition(monitor blood glucose, monitor cholesteral levels..take appropriate medications if indicated). associating rising health care costs and rising health insurance premiums with obesity without mentioning any other reasons for such rises is pretty lame cynic.

  5. #230
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    As if these conditions don't have genetic components as well. What is much more important for health insurance premiums is knowing your genetics, controlling drinking, no smoking, and preventative health measures. It is one thing to be overweight and do nothing. It is another thing to be overweight and try to do something about it...and if you cannot lose the weight at least be aware of the health effects of your condition(monitor blood glucose, monitor cholesteral levels..take appropriate medications if indicated). associating rising health care costs and rising health insurance premiums with obesity without mentioning any other reasons for such rises is pretty lame cynic.
    Then you better let all the major news media know because that's where I've been reading about those costs related directly to being overweight/obese/fat/whatever.

  6. #231
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,809

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic
    Then you better let all the major news media know because that's where I've been reading about those costs related directly to being overweight/obese/fat/whatever.
    You actually take as 'fact' what the major news outlets say? they are going to play up whatever gets the best ratings and makes for the best sound bites. Reality is that smoking, drinking, and a lack of preventative medicine/healthcare are the biggest problems. Obvious with smoking and drinking..but then again..how much of these 'obese' people are also smoking and drinking contributing to the heart-health problem? Plenty of people are overweight and obese and guess what? They still tend to get the diseases that run in their families. If they have a pre-disposition to heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc. they simply get it sooner than later. It is not rocket science. Watch for what you are most likely(through family history) to get and act accordingly. And when it comes to heart disease..how much is due to overweight women..and how much due to the fact that women's increasing smoking rates are starting to catch up to them as in being expressed in heart disease as well as rising cancer rates? It is much more than just 'people are fatter and costs are higher'. That is all that I am trying to say really.

    *I would much rather see a woman 'not covering her blubber(as you put it) than constantly drinking or with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. Also when it comes to rising health care costs..what about the fact that half of all US traffic deaths are alcohol related? One cannot help but extrapolate that statistic to injuries as well..imagine that health care cost burden.*

  7. #232
    Hit By Ban Bus! Femmefatale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,419

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    This is hilarious how there are actually people who buy into the notion that fat people arent fat bc of horrible eating habits/over eating.

    You may think youre the ones "Defending" these obese people but all youre really doing is treating them like helpless victims who have no control over themselves (much like infants).
    -- I believe in accountability and personal responsibility, and thats where we differ

    Cynic is right--where do you think the health insurance companies get the $$ to cover those 30,000$ gastric bypass surgeries? He's also right in referencing this "gossip board", bc as such, I think others would be a little less "offended" by people's oppinions about celebs and not so quick to fight to censor
    Last edited by Femmefatale; June 14th, 2006 at 05:00 PM.

  8. #233
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,809

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    This is hilarious how there are actually people who buy into the notion that fat people arent fat bc of horrible eating habits/over eating.

    You may think youre the ones "Defending" these obese people but all youre really doing is treating them like helpless victims who have no control over themselves (much like infants).
    -- I believe in accountability and personal responsibility, and thats where we differ

    Cynic is right--where do you think the health insurance companies get the $$ to cover those 30,000$ gastric bypass surgeries? He's also right in referencing this "gossip board", bc as such, I think others would be a little less "offended" by people's oppinions about celebs and not so quick to fight to censor
    The number of gastric bypass surgeries is ridiculously low and the costs of such procedures compared to the other health related issues is pathetic and not worth mentioning. You cheapen yourself and your arguments by even bringing that up. And it is a 'celeb gossip board' and people are not so offended by opinions of celebs...when the discussion involves obvious contempt and disregard for the general population of overweight people in general and includes the dismissing and general rudeness to posters on said board who have been gracious enough to divulge personal information about their own lives or the lives of family members...in great detail and with much explanation on their part I might add...then you cannot reasonably expect said members of the 'celeb' gossip board to react with anything less than disdain and wonderment.
    These are not 'defenses' they are explanations..get it? People who have condtions, genetic factors..are not victims..what they may or may not have simply 'is'..you are the ones who are making them out to be 'victims' and making the moral judgements here. You are the ones who are making the sweeping generalizations "..the notion that fat people arent(sic) fat bc(sic) of horrible eating habits/overeating." Some of them are! but alot of them are not and you do not seem capable of grasping this fact and insist on painting every overweight person with the same tainted brush of intolerance and insensitivity..and we are not only talking about pompous celebs here but posters on this board and their loved ones. And let me tell you we do not take kindly to that.
    Last edited by Sojiita; June 14th, 2006 at 07:18 PM.

  9. #234
    Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Now with ADD added goodness!
    Posts
    6,601

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    I'm watching all of this with amusement because I've seen the universal law of reciprocity wack people who rag on weight hard later on. Be careful what you condemn lest you be struck with the same affliction/issue.

    Stretch spandex lurks in the future for both of you fat bashers.

  10. #235
    Hit By Ban Bus! Femmefatale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,419

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    I'm watching all of this with amusement because I've seen the universal law of reciprocity wack people who rag on weight hard later on. Be careful what you condemn lest you be struck with the same affliction/issue.

    Stretch spandex lurks in the future for both of you fat bashers.
    so profound yet, so meaningless

  11. #236
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,809

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    so profound yet, so meaningless
    Hopefully you WILL get the meaning of it when karma bites you in your ass.

  12. #237
    Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Now with ADD added goodness!
    Posts
    6,601

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    so profound yet, so meaningless
    Meaningless huh? Sort of like everything you've ever posted on this board since the day you arrived, huh sweetheart?

    Offers you the size 7X Zillion pants you'll need the day karma rears her ugly head and bites you on the ass hard.

  13. #238
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    You actually take as 'fact' what the major news outlets say? they are going to play up whatever gets the best ratings and makes for the best sound bites. Reality is that smoking, drinking, and a lack of preventative medicine/healthcare are the biggest problems. Obvious with smoking and drinking..but then again..how much of these 'obese' people are also smoking and drinking contributing to the heart-health problem? Plenty of people are overweight and obese and guess what? They still tend to get the diseases that run in their families. If they have a pre-disposition to heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc. they simply get it sooner than later. It is not rocket science. Watch for what you are most likely(through family history) to get and act accordingly. And when it comes to heart disease..how much is due to overweight women..and how much due to the fact that women's increasing smoking rates are starting to catch up to them as in being expressed in heart disease as well as rising cancer rates? It is much more than just 'people are fatter and costs are higher'. That is all that I am trying to say really.

    *I would much rather see a woman 'not covering her blubber(as you put it) than constantly drinking or with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. Also when it comes to rising health care costs..what about the fact that half of all US traffic deaths are alcohol related? One cannot help but extrapolate that statistic to injuries as well..imagine that health care cost burden.*
    Okay, I'm bored with this and officially remove myself from the thread. As Ruler of the Last Word, I wasn't talking about smoking and drinking, I think we all now know that they are bad for bodies. I was talking about FAT. And, only FAT. But, since you have all convinced me that it's good for me, I'm going out and eating every fried thing I can get my hands on.

    Ya'll remind me of smokers who do argue and argue that although smoking is bad for them, they just CANNOT help themselves. Which, even though nicotine addiction is also being found to have genetic components, if you stop putting cigarettes in your mouth, you can overcome smoking. Same goes with food.

    Now tell me I'm shallow and wrong while I go look at the funny pictures in the other sections.

  14. #239
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,809

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic
    Okay, I'm bored with this and officially remove myself from the thread. As Ruler of the Last Word, I wasn't talking about smoking and drinking, I think we all now know that they are bad for bodies. I was talking about FAT. And, only FAT. But, since you have all convinced me that it's good for me, I'm going out and eating every fried thing I can get my hands on.

    Ya'll remind me of smokers who do argue and argue that although smoking is bad for them, they just CANNOT help themselves. Which, even though nicotine addiction is also being found to have genetic components, if you stop putting cigarettes in your mouth, you can overcome smoking. Same goes with food.

    Now tell me I'm shallow and wrong while I go look at the funny pictures in the other sections.
    I understand what you are saying cynic. But it is harder with food and addiction. With smoking and alcohol...you just stop..You just don't pick up the first drink or cigarette. With food, you just cannot stop eating altogether. that makes it much harder to deal with food addictions...eating for the wrong reasons, etc. Nobody is saying being overweight is good for you. What we are saying is that being overweight has a number of causative factors and it is a hard thing to deal with...and a hard thing to quantify in a society that holds up body images and types(anorectic models and actresses/steroid filled or over-exercised athletes)that are not only unhealthy but are far removed from the norm. It is hard to know what 'normal' or 'healthy' even are anymore. Sorry that this thread got personal on both sides of the argument. Also 98% of all people who successfully lose their excess weight gain it(or more) back within 2 years. That suggests that there is a strong genetic component..it is hard to believe that of 50 given people who lose weight, that only 1 is not lazy or shiftless or whatever and does not gain the weight back..it suggests that there are alot of factors involved in weight, weight loss, and weight gain.

  15. #240
    Bronze Member pinkdiamondgrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

    I've been lurking and I am jumping in again.

    Until the media and society at large celebrates women of all sizes (obviously, I am not speaking of obesity) as healthy and attractive, we are always going to have these issues.

    For many, size 14 or 16 is as good as it gets-without resorting to diet pills, eating disorders, liposuction or surgery. It may take alot of effort to stay there, and if a concerted effort wasn't made, they may be quite a bit larger. Who are we to make assumptions that they are lazy or have "let themselves go?" when several are trying so hard to be as healthy as possible for their genetics and body type? How do we know people aren't doing the best they can? Don't overweight people deserve to eat an occasional treat without scrutiny? Aren't they allowed to be hungry without being judged?

    My theory is that women like Kirstie Alley, Delta Burke, and Keely have something in common. They starved, popped pills and lived in deprivation for years because their natural body type was not acceptable by industry standards. As a result, they couldn't fight anymore and they gained 50 to 100 lbs. That kind of weight gain would never have occured if they had been acceptable at their natural body type, which my guess would have maybe been size 8, 10, or 12-whatever. Their metabolisms were shot to hell, accompanied by what I would guess to be major overeating to compensate for years of self denial. I certainly can't judge them for that.

    I have been on both sides of the spectrum, I was a size 4-6 for a few years, but I only acheived that through diet pills, smoking, eliminating entire food groups,and constant exercise. Fast forward to today, I am now a mother and I am a size 8, occasionally 10. I was treated alot differently when I was slimmer, but I am no longer willing or able to do what it would take to be there again. I want to enjoy my life, and I don't want to teach my 3 year old daughter food and weight obsession.

    If people think I have let myself go, then more power to them.

    I'm not debating anyone, we are all certainly entitled to our own perspectives. However, I for one am hoping to see a major shift towards size acceptance in my lifetime.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Keely Shaye Smith - What's my size?
    By SmellsLikeRoses in forum Weight
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: August 10th, 2006, 11:49 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 4th, 2006, 09:51 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 7th, 2006, 01:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •