Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

Bronze Member

Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    Not to sound lesbo-ish but I usually find curvy women attractive.
    That's what I was thinking. Now that could be because I'm not a stick.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Not that this necessarily applies to anyone here, but alot of people say they've tried diet and exercise and it "doesn't work". I rarely buy that. What they've usually tried is half-assed dieting and exercise, and no, that doesn't work. Watching what you eat every now and then, or for a few weeks will probably not make a huge difference, but changing your eating habits for the long term will. Also, you might lose a few pounds going for leisurely strolls on the treadmill (which is technically "exercise") but at some point you are going to have to get out of your comfort zone to get results. That means sweating and feeling uncomfortable, doing it often and regularly, and not giving up after a month. A lot of people are just not willing to do both diet and exercise to the extent that they should, and THAT is why they can't lose the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac
    A lot of people are just not willing to do both diet and exercise to the extent that they should, and THAT is why they can't lose the weight.
    How can you make such broad, sweeping generalizations like this? What constitutes "a lot of people"?? And also consider: these people of which you speak aren't all genetically identical.

Weight is not a black & white issue. Therefore, it is impossible for anyone ON THIS BOARD to make broad, sweeping generalizations about anything weight-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo
    Maybe she has medical issues, we wouldn't know, but just from viewing those pictures, I don't see how anybody can say she isn't overweight.
    Bless you, my child, I was beginning to think I was either going blind or losing my mind. And begining to think that perhaps Femmefatale and I had been looking at sunspots too long.

After all, look at all those fat people in Auschwitz because of their severe caloric restrictions.......surely a few of them had "fat genes"?

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo
    I've been quietly reading this thread, but now I must comment. When I had my gallbladder removed, the nurse asked me if I had recently LOST a lot of weight (and yes I had, 30 lbs in less than three months at Jenny Craig). She said losing too quickly can definitely cause gallstones. I was also on birth control pills at that time, and she said they also were known for causing gallstones.

This board does seem to have conflicting views about too thin and too fat. Yes, it shouldn't matter, he should still love her blah blah blah but she has to be unhealthy at that weight, and I agree, she looks to be at least 220 lbs. I've been fat and I've been thin and Keely is very heavy. Maybe she has medical issues, we wouldn't know, but just from viewing those pictures, I don't see how anybody can say she isn't overweight.
    I do not recall anyone disputing the fact that she is overweight. She is overweight.

I am disputing the fact that she is NOT obese and most certainly not MORBIDLY obese. You can not lump all three definitions into one because someone is overweight.

If she is morbidly obese what did that make Starr Jones who was double Keely's size? Or what is Aretha Franklin who is triple Keely's size?? If Keely weighs 220, what does Aretha weigh, 600??

This is my point. Keely is overweight. OVERWEIGHT. By how much, I have no idea, I would have to see her in person, not in a very small photo. No one here can say for a FACT how much she weighs unless they had the woman in front of them, on a scale. To sit there and guess is ridiculous. I could easily look at her and having a sister that is overweight, and knowing what my sister weighs, I would not say say Keely is more than 200lbs. But, that is a guess. I would never sit there and say "She definitely weighs 220!!!!!".

Keely, (old) Starr Jones and Aretha Franklin are not the same size. Anyone can easily see that. That is why they have different definitions for each size.

Thank you, Icepik, for reminding the people again what is so, so completely obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic
    After all, look at all those fat people in Auschwitz because of their severe caloric restrictions.......surely a few of them had "fat genes"?
    LOVES IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik
    If she is morbidly obese what did that make Starr Jones who was double Keely's size? Or what is Aretha Franklin who is triple Keely's size?? If Keely weighs 220, what does Aretha weigh, 600??.
    "Malignent obesity" aka "Super Obesity" refers to those who are "double" keely's size...there are also people who are "Morbidly obese" and people who are just obese...each term has different parameters

I maintain that Keely is OBESE

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    How can you make such broad, sweeping generalizations like this? What constitutes "a lot of people"?? And also consider: these people of which you speak aren't all genetically identical.

Weight is not a black & white issue. Therefore, it is impossible for anyone ON THIS BOARD to make broad, sweeping generalizations about anything weight-related.
    So are you like the quality control message-board-post manager? Its very safe to sit there and go "omg omg but not EVERYONE IN THE UNIVERSE is EXACTLY the same "

Wow, so impressed!

I dont remember reading one half-interesting comment you've ever made other than to espouse some PC trite bs that everyone already knows...

dazzle me!

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    I dont remember reading one half-interesting comment you've ever made other than to espouse some PC trite bs that everyone already knows...
    So? It ain't my job to dazzle you. It's my job to remind you of the obvious, which you still fail to grasp. That's what I get paid for; it's one of my quality control duties.

And you're full of BS yourself, Oh Shallow One.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well, I think it would be a broad, sweeping generalization if I'd said that ALL overweight people are like that. I didn't say that. I said a lot, as in many...and no, I don't have an actual number to put on that. There are also a lot of other people who do have other contributing factors as to why they are overweight, fat, whatever you want to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac
    Well, I think it would be a broad, sweeping generalization if I'd said that ALL overweight people are like that. I didn't say that. I said a lot, as in many...and no, I don't have an actual number to put on that. There are also a lot of other people who do have other contributing factors as to why they are overweight, fat, whatever you want to call it.
    Yes, yes, yes!!

Btw, tictac: sometimes I get too bogged down in semantics. I apologize if I put you off in any way. My intent was to get us to think about the words we use and to use them carefully. I'm nerdly that way.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

You really can't tell WHY anyone is fat/obese by merely looking at them cuz you can't see thru genetics or the medical conditions they may have so even though you might think A LOT of ppl are just lazy, eating badly and getting insufficient exericise, you really don't know for sure. It's just your assumption.
    What I have a problem with here is that a few posters have shared their own experience and revealed a little more about their genetical factors and metabolism etc but they still get accused of doing something wrong like being lazy. Go ahead and bash celebs all you like but just have a little more respect for posters here who dared to share their personal experience etc.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Yes, yes, yes!!

Btw, tictac: sometimes I get too bogged down in semantics. I apologize if I put you off in any way. My intent was to get us to think about the words we use and to use them carefully. I'm nerdly that way.
    Interesting, since youre the one who is drawing all these inferences about what people are posting without basing them on actual words used, that isnt exactly illustrative of precision...so for someone who has the "intent to get us to think about words we use", in your pseudo-intellectual manner, I suggest you READ VERY CAREFULLY i

Yes, yes, yes!!

The bashing was just a side benefit then?

Quote Originally Posted by cynic
    The bashing was just a side benefit then?
    I bashed tictac?

Thread Information