Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

Quote Originally Posted by redheadlauren
    Femmefatale ... ditto the following to you ....

..... 'cept maybe you'd need to replace your batteries.

Hmmmm ... on second thought .... Rush? Rush, is that you?!

Sleep tight.
    LMAO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep talking...tell me more about myself

Loves It

I've lived with some of them, it's pretty easy to see what people eat when you live in a dorm room or tiny apartment with another person.

Also, I was one of them for a long time until my metabolism shifted, except I was at a size 22/24. I ate incredibly healthy, never drank pop, ate whole, natural foods, ate in moderation, exercised, didn't do fast foods, AND had a complete inability to even digest fat due to the fact I don't have a gall bladder so I couldn't eat it even if I wanted to (unless I really felt like being sick all day because of it). I also saw a nutritionist for awhile, and any diet she gave me didn't work at getting my size down.

My metabolism shifted when I turned 20 and I'm at a size 20 now, and losing again, but I really don't think I'll ever be thin. That just isn't my body or in my genetics. The only way my sister got below a size 14 was when she developed bulimia, my mother has never been below a size 12 (which in conjuction with Icepik's post, her sister was always a twig and has worn a size 2 since high school-she's now 40 years old and still a size 2), the only time my father was ever at a "healthy" weight was in the Air Force when they put him on weight roster and fed him next to nothing. Despite a predisposition in my family to be fat, we are all healthy (with the exception of the health problems my sister developed as a result of the bulimia).

It is a very sad, but unfortunate fact that our society (especially American society) judges others not of our character, but rather on our appearance. When I look at these pictures I see a beautiful, healthy real woman and look at her, she's fabulous! Granted, I'm no doctor, let alone her doctor, so I don't know her personal habits, but she looks vibrant.

There's my 2 cents. Reading this thread was informative...to say the least.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik
    You seem to insist you know alot about weight gain and such...

Please explain to me how my sister and I were raised exactly the same - concentrating mostly on childhood here, please, did it happen to be that my sister was over weight from toddler onward and I was always thin?
    I seem to recall you saying "its all genetics", so we are on opposite ends of the spectrum on weight and thats fine. If your sister lost weight, then I think it proves that her over-weight state is NOT due to genetics--if it were, how would her body allow her to lose that much? Wouldn't these "fat genes" repel any form of weight loss effort and hang on to the excess weight for dear life under your assumption?

^Mine used to, my metabolism shifted. My mother's body always has held onto that weight for dear life. My father and sister's bodies did until DRASTIC, UNHEALTHY measures were taken to make it shed that weight.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    I've lived with some of them, it's pretty easy to see what people eat when you live in a dorm room or tiny apartment with another person.

Also, I was one of them for a long time until my metabolism shifted, except I was at a size 22/24. I ate incredibly healthy, never drank pop, ate whole, natural foods, ate in moderation, exercised, didn't do fast foods, AND had a complete inability to even digest fat due to the fact I don't have a gall bladder so I couldn't eat it even if I wanted to (unless I really felt like being sick all day because of it). I also saw a nutritionist for awhile, and any diet she gave me didn't work at getting my size down.

My metabolism shifted when I turned 20 and I'm at a size 20 now, and losing again, but I really don't think I'll ever be thin. That just isn't my body or in my genetics. The only way my sister got below a size 14 was when she developed bulimia, my mother has never been below a size 12 (which in conjuction with Icepik's post, her sister was always a twig and has worn a size 2 since high school-she's now 40 years old and still a size 2), the only time my father was ever at a "healthy" weight was in the Air Force when they put him on weight roster and fed him next to nothing. Despite a predisposition in my family to be fat, we are all healthy (with the exception of the health problems my sister developed as a result of the bulimia).
    I am curious to know how you ate protein being unable to eat fat? Did this limit your ability to eat meat/protein? In order to LOSE weight you have to have a caloric DEFECIT, to prevent weight gain you have to make sure you dont have a caloric surplus...this may be why you felt that you followed a decent diet and didnt lose weight...you were eating too much to lose.

Also, when you go on a supervised diet, you do NOT want to deal with a nutritionist (anyone can say they are a nutritionist) you want to deal with a REGISTERED DIETICIAN (completely different professions)

I am aware of that, sorry if I used the wrong term, but it was the person provided by the HOSPITAL when I had my gall bladder removed to help me get on the right track to lose weight. She was absolutely certified in that. My proteins consist of boneless, skinless chicken breast and fish primarily, sometimes a lean pork is OK too. Tofu became a main diet staple as well. I can't do red meat at all.

I was working with a professional, following a specific diet, and not losing. At the time my body was unable to lose weight. I was tested to no end to make sure it wasn't any kind of problem that can be medicated and fixed (such as thyroid, PCOS) and it isn't. My body was at that weight and did not want to budge no matter what I did.

^Mine used to, my metabolism shifted. My mother's body always has held onto that weight for dear life. My father and sister's bodies did until DRASTIC, UNHEALTHY measures were taken to make it shed that weight.
    I guarantee you, if your family went to a dietician and followed a customized diet to the letter, they would lose weight, I guarantee it.

Being overweight, can lead to self-induced insulin issues eg carbohydrate-sensitiviy, etc. THis may be one reason why they have trouble dropping weight. But again, it is dietary.

Also, bulemia destroys the metabolism. Literally decimates it. I learned this during a recent internship...bulemics can get to the point post-recovery where they could literally limit caloric intake to 200 calories a day, and STILL gain weight. In fact, bulemia wreaks such havoc on the body's systems, that many recovered bulemics are overweight.

But again, the weight gain effects of post- bulemia or other like disorders, are not the same thing as a genetic issue.

I'm not talking about her post-bulimia. Before she was bulimic she was a size 14, at the height of the disease she was at a size 4. She has definitely gained weight back b/c her entire body is destroyed from it, she's at a size 8 right now, and has also been working with a nutritionalist for about a year re-training her how to eat-this one was provided by the hospital where she was an inpatient for the bulimia.

I am aware of that, sorry if I used the wrong term, but it was the person provided by the HOSPITAL when I had my gall bladder removed to help me get on the right track to lose weight. She was absolutely certified in that. My proteins consist of boneless, skinless chicken breast and fish primarily, sometimes a lean pork is OK too. Tofu became a main diet staple as well. I can't do red meat at all.

I was working with a professional, following a specific diet, and not losing. At the time my body was unable to lose weight. I was tested to no end to make sure it wasn't any kind of problem that can be medicated and fixed (such as thyroid, PCOS) and it isn't. My body was at that weight and did not want to budge no matter what I did.
    Are you aware that gallbladder removal is directly correlated to weight gain, and causes weight gain? Also, many gallbladder problems are due to over eating or eating too much before bed prior to removal. In such a case, genetics would not be the reason for weight gain. I would also reccomend having your insulin levels checked.

The genetics played the role before the gallbladder was removed. I gained no weight after the gall bladder was removed, and I lost no weight. 2 years after my gallbladder was removed was when my metabolism shifted and I was able to lose weight.

I know my body, I know how I eat, and I know that it is healthy. I also know that I have been overweight my entire life, I have never been a healthy weight. Accept it and move on, some people are not meant to be a size 4 or smaller.

The genetics played the role before the gallbladder was removed. I gained no weight after the gall bladder was removed, and I lost no weight. 2 years after my gallbladder was removed was when my metabolism shifted and I was able to lose weight.

I know my body, I know how I eat, and I know that it is healthy. I also know that I have been overweight my entire life, I have never been a healthy weight. Accept it and move on, some people are not meant to be a size 4 or smaller.
    Um sweetie, youre the one who STARTED the convo with ME

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    I seem to recall you saying "its all genetics", so we are on opposite ends of the spectrum on weight and thats fine. If your sister lost weight, then I think it proves that her over-weight state is NOT due to genetics--if it were, how would her body allow her to lose that much? Wouldn't these "fat genes" repel any form of weight loss effort and hang on to the excess weight for dear life under your assumption?

You are the one saying overweight people are eating the bonbons, oreos and fig newtons and that's why they are overweight.

So, I gave you a scenerio. My sister and I. We grew up in the same household, ate the exact same thing everyday. She was overweight, I was not.

Being children to strict Italians, we ate alot of pasta, never drank pop; only water and trust me, there were never any "sweets" in the house. Never. We never ate out and fast food was most certainly unheard of (the first time I ate McDonalds, I was 16).

My sister and I ate the same amount of food, yet, she was overweight from childhood on. I was so thin that my Mother actually took me to the doctor and he put me on a "special diet" to GAIN 10 pounds.

We ate the exact same portions everyday as children. She was overweight, I was not. As adults, I eat whatever I want and remain thin while she still eats those disgusting salads with sliced chicken and No dressing, by the way - but LEMON squeezed over it

What is your explanation to that? As a wee one, she would steal money from my Mothers purse and go to the store for candy?

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    Um sweetie, youre the one who STARTED the convo with ME
    You're the one who assumed she sits there gorging herself with oreos and mountain dew every night. And frankly, that's probably false.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik
    You are the one saying overweight people are eating the bonbons, oreos and fig newtons and that's why they are overweight.

So, I gave you a scenerio. My sister and I. We grew up in the same household, ate the exact same thing everyday. She was overweight, I was not.

Being children to strict Italians, we ate alot of pasta, never drank pop; only water and trust me, there were never any "sweets" in the house. Never. We never ate out and fast food was most certainly unheard of (the first time I ate McDonalds, I was 16).

My sister and I ate the same amount of food, yet, she was overweight from childhood on. I was so thin that my Mother actually took me to the doctor and he put me on a "special diet" to GAIN 10 pounds.

We ate the exact same portions everyday as children. She was overweight, I was not. As adults, I eat whatever I want and remain thin while she still eats those disgusting salads with sliced chicken and No dressing, by the way - but LEMON squeezed over it

What is your explanation to that? As a wee one, she would steal money from my Mothers purse and go to the store for candy?
    I guarantee your sister is taking in too many calories and was taking in too many calories as a child. You may have been fed the same foods, but you most likely at less. I guarantee you she continues to over eat, regardless of WHAT she is overeating.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information