Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

Default Re: Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik
    I remember reading this when you first posted it.

Having a sister who was always overweight - since she was a toddler - I sympathized with Keely. My sister has tried everything to get and stay thin (and told me more than enough times how much she hated me - especially during our teenage years - how much she hated that I was always thin).

There was a point in her life where she went to "Herbal Magic" and cheated on her plan and didnt eat the amount of food she was told to - thinking if she ate less, she would lose more weight, more quickly. She went from 196lbs down to 125lbs and was elated. It took her eight months to lose that weight. I'll never forget how happyshe was because I remember weighing 128 and she fianally weighed less than I did. She actually teased me because of it

The moment she stopped going to Herbal Magic, the weight started back on and she always talked about how hungry she was. Soon enough, all the weight she had lost was back.

I honestly believe that there are people out there who are genetically set up to be overweight. My Mother was like that and my sister is like that. My sister has always eaten healthy - more healthy than I ever have. I can't count the times she would be eating a salad with sliced chicken and I would be eating a juicy burger with bacon, swiss cheese and mushrooms. It's all genetics.

Alot of people do not stop to think that there is alot more going on with someone overweight. They dont all sit around eating chocolate bars and bags of chips...and YES, some do.

I believe this story qisabella posted. I do not believe Keely is just too lazy to eat well and exercise. I just hope that she has accepted herself for the way she is - an obvious good wife and mother.. and isn't still obsessing over the way she once used to look.

Life isnt about how good you look in a bathing suit, its about how good a human being you are.
    Then why do you talk about anorexic women like they are evil and bad? Seems a little hypocritical to me..... Either extreme is unhealthy. Show any doctor her photo and they will not say she is healthy. Just because a person "can't help" that they are fat, it does not mean that they aren't fat. I never once said she was bad or evil. Just fat. F-A-T. What is the problem with the connotations you all put on that word.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik
    I honestly believe that there are people out there who are genetically set up to be overweight. My Mother was like that and my sister is like that. My sister has always eaten healthy - more healthy than I ever have. I can't count the times she would be eating a salad with sliced chicken and I would be eating a juicy burger with bacon, swiss cheese and mushrooms. It's all genetics.
    This is true. There are some people with a high metabolism (so they can eat like you did and never get fat), and there are those with a slow metabolism. I've no idea where Keely fits in the spectrum. I just hope she's happy with who she is as a person first. That's what really matters, not how much she weighs.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic
    Then why do you talk about anorexic women like they are evil and bad? Seems a little hypocritical to me..... Either extreme is unhealthy. Show any doctor her photo and they will not say she is healthy. Just because a person "can't help" that they are fat, it does not mean that they aren't fat. I never once said she was bad or evil. Just fat. F-A-T. What is the problem with the connotations you all put on that word.

Where did I talk about anorexics at all?? Please post that quote.

What are you talking about..how am I hypocritial?

Quote Originally Posted by cynic
    I never once said she was bad or evil. Just fat. F-A-T. What is the problem with the connotations you all put on that word.
    "Fat" is a subjective term. Obviously. The problem we have (with you, for instance) is labeling someone "fat" when they are simply overweight. Unfortunately, "fat" has become synonymous with "obese," and "obese" is confused for "morbidly obese."

I blame you, cynic, and people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    I think that woman is so guilty of false advertising/marketing for gaining what looks to be an upward of 100lbs since she married. Ok sure, weight isnt everything and she is a beautiful woman and blah blah blah... BUT shes still enormously FAT...not "curvy"...OBESELY FAT. Mariah Carey was "curvy" 6month ago before she lost weight, but she probably never weighed more than 160lbs...Keely is AT LEAST 220...I think its bs that she gained all this weight, shes a pig and there is no excuse.
    LOL.

Keely Shaye is FAT.

There's just no arguing this. It's fact. Pretty, but a cow.

Seeing as she's pushing being 100lbs overweight, she's inching closer (literally!) to being medically considered as morbidly obese.

Using pregnancy is an excuse. Many of my mom's family member are heavy Italians. But my Mom popped out 3 kids and a couple decades later, she's still in svelte shape. She watches what she eats and exercises regularly with me at the gym. She's skinnier than women who have never had kids.

Keely just needs to lose some weight.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I've read that everyone has a "set point" for their weight, sometimes high and sometimes low. You can fight it all you want, and even succeed, but it takes a hell of a lot of work because your body will always want to return to its set point. Also, your metabolism drops about 10% every decade of life and THAT JUST SUCKS.

Cynic .... I could say some really nasty things to you, but the only thing that would do is cause the lotion bottle on your bedside table to be empty and further chap your scaly little hands.
    Bless your heart.

.... oh ... and get me another warning from the mods.

Cynic-

I agree with A LOT of what you say and agree that Keely is FAT/OBESE/MORBIDLY OBESE and all of the above.

To some who disagree-
    The truth is WEIGHT DOES MATTER bc being overweight (even 20lbs) puts you at risk for health problems. And from all the doctors I have talked to, being 10lbs underweight is healthier than 10lbs overweight

and no one who has a "healthy balanced diet" is morbidly obese, NO ONE. It is true that some people eat abscent-mindedly, not even realizing how bad what theyre putting into their mouths is for them. For that I am sorry, bc I think that if those people were educated about food they would make better choices. But there are also people who end their days eating a bag of oreos, and live on processed crap bc it "tastes good".

I know people who do not even bother with protein and can not figure out why they are always hungry (crazy insulin levels and lack of nutrients as a result of their horrid diet). Growing up in a house with a dietician, I was lucky to learn the right ways to eat starting from infancy just as a result of what and how I was fed--varieties, whole foods, protein as the majority of every meal, lots of veggies and salads (and im not talking about drizzled in butter or ranch or any other crap). Ive watched my friends struggle with weight bc they have no CLUE what they should be eating. I know people who

1) think pie is "healthier" than cake bc it has fruit in it
    2) dont comprehend how drinking mass quantities of regular pop can make you fat bc they think liquids are different than food--Ive challanged people like this to stop drinking anything with calories in it (drinking only diet pop OR water) and theyve all lost weight

3) dont understand the concept of a "fattening salad" and think anything that is called a "salad" is therefore healthy--regardless of fattening dressings, bacon bits, cheese, etc.

4)believe processed meals are part of a balanced diet...anything pre-made is usually horrible for you. Dont beleive me, detoxify your body on a whole foods diet for a year and then go eat a frozen dinner and Ill be damned if youre not sick for days.

5) have no concept of how drinking alcohol effects your weight

I guarantee that Keely finishes her day by polishing off a bag of fig neutons and a mountain dew =)---maybe a box of donut holes and a nesquick

You don't know her, so you can't guarantee a damn thing about how she eats.

Just as there are people who are naturally thin, there are people who are naturally her size. I'm sorry, but I have friends who wear a size 16 or 18 and follow every single one of the "rules" you just laid out AND exercise. Their body stabilizes at that size and the only way to get it lower is for them to adopt insane dieting that is also not recommended by doctors.

Femmefatale ... ditto the following to you ....

Quote Originally Posted by redheadlauren
    .... I could say some really nasty things to you, but the only thing that would do is cause the lotion bottle on your bedside table to be empty and further chap your scaly little hands.
    Bless your heart.
    ..... 'cept maybe you'd need to replace your batteries.

Hmmmm ... on second thought .... Rush? Rush, is that you?!

Sleep tight.

The thing is, this woman doesn't strut around like she thinks she's hawt. I find it much easier to hoot on women who have gained weight when their whole existence is based on shaking a tight ass. Britney anyone?

Otherwise, she's a pretty woman who gained some weight. Big deal.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Zee

^^She is still very pretty doesn't matter to me if she is thin or heavy. In the scheme of things it ain't important.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    You don't know her, so you can't guarantee a damn thing about how she eats.

Just as there are people who are naturally thin, there are people who are naturally her size. I'm sorry, but I have friends who wear a size 16 or 18 and follow every single one of the "rules" you just laid out AND exercise. Their body stabilizes at that size and the only way to get it lower is for them to adopt insane dieting that is also not recommended by doctors.
    First of all, I didnt lay out any "rules" about anything...all I listed were some screw ups Ive seen with my own eyes

Secondly, I dont beleive you in the least that you know fatties who eat well balanced diets...unless you have hidden cameras connected to their mouths, you have no idea what they eat when theyre not around you...and I would love to hear a medical doctor say that people's bodies "stabilize" at a fat weight---btw, is "stabilize" a medical term or did you just make it up?

At the end of the day, all I am saying is that Keely is obese and I dont consider that a postive state to be in.

Zorbeet .... your avatar brings back *sniff* so many *sniffsniff* memories.

Captain CAAAAAVVVVEMAAAAAAAAAN!

Saturday mornings were what we lived for! 7am until 11am.
    Our kids don't have a clue the suffering that we went thru to pave the way for their 24 hour mindless entertainment.

*sniff*

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    First of all, I didnt lay out any "rules" about anything...all I listed were some screw ups Ive seen with my own eyes

Secondly, I dont beleive you in the least that you know fatties who eat well balanced diets...unless you have hidden cameras connected to their mouths, you have no idea what they eat when theyre not around you...and I would love to hear a medical doctor say that people's bodies "stabilize" at a fat weight---btw, is "stabilize" a medical term or did you just make it up?

You seem to insist you know alot about weight gain and such...

Please explain to me how my sister and I were raised exactly the same - concentrating mostly on childhood here, please, did it happen to be that my sister was over weight from toddler onward and I was always thin?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information