Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith bikini photos

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I asked the same question in the Jennifer Love Hewitt thread (although, she is not in the same catagory as KSS). But, I did question why it was ok that she was all lumpy and flabby, but had that been Mariah Carey or Britney Spears, they would have been mocked harshly.

I think it has to do with the attitude of the celebrity. People like Hewitt and Smith aren't in your face, strutting their bodies, making you feel like they think they are absolutely perfect. They seem more like "real people".. one of us...if that makes any sense? It's more difficult to find fault with a regular girl than it is a flashy, conceited bitch
    That is a very good point, but I believe there are other factors at play. I think the criticism that is leveled is also dependent on the celebrity's relationship with food, the nature of the weight gain, and the celebrity's reaction to the weight gain. Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, etc. are constantly gaining weight and losing weight. Mariah Carey has admitted to basically starving herself to get thin, while Britney Spears appears to have once been an exercise bulimic. Then, 3 months later, these girls have pot bellies and look 20 pounds heavier. Mariah and Britney obviously have a very poor relationship with food; otherwise, they would not deny themselves pleasure through food one day, and then lose all composure and gorge the next.

Couple that inability to exercise self-control, with their numerous magazine cover appearances declaring their triumph over fat, or how they got fit, and the non-celebrity becomes irritated. Also, you have some people believing these new wonder diets who possibly end up feeling betrayed by the celebrity endorser when said celebrity gains all the weight back, or when the consumer fails to lose weight. Now, looking at why some celebrities are not as heavily criticized.

Take someone like JLH, who has steadily gained weight after fading out of the limelight. She appears to have a stable relationship and life outside of Hollywood; she does not pretend to have the elixir to beauty and weight loss, her weight does not fluctuate radically, and she has admitted to being comfortable with her body. Now, whether or not her self-confidence is a PR stunt, the fact remains, she is not openly loathing her body. When celebrities admit to hating their belly or their thighs, it makes it a lot easier for others to do the same.

But I like pot bellies, big thighs, and I think some people have an extremely unhealthy relationship and obsession with celebrities . . . so, what do I know?

^^ Very good points, Icepik and comperic!

Good post comp. Everyone has their different standards of beauty as well. Body wise, I love the looks of Salma, J.Lo, Monica Bellucci, Eva Mendes...a like women who have bigger breasts, hips, and butts. Aesthetically, thats what I prefer for a woman. Doesn't mean others won't feel differently. I personally don't like the supermodel look - the looks of Giselle, for example, does nothing for me. I don't like a body that doesn't have curves, Giselle is just straight up and down. That works for some people though. I'm not naive enough to think that there are not a significant amount of people out there that don't adore more fat on a woman. I just think they are afraid to speak up or be belittled.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I agree that it does have to do with whether the person is liked or disliked. Especially on GR.

Rosie O'Donnell and (formerly) Star Jones look to be the same size as Keely, yet no one hesitates expressing their opinions and there's always a comment about their weight no matter what the subject is. Everyone seemed to agree that Keely is pretty. I think this is where it has become big beautiful woman territory. Is Rosie a bbw? Probably not.

Rosie and Star (pre-bypass) look way bigger than Keely here. But maybe it's because they are shapeless blobs and Keely isn't. Whether genetics, the fact that she really does work out (and just can't lose weight) or a combo of both, she has some semblance of shape and carries the weight much better than either of those two, thus looks much better. I'm actually convinced there is muscle tone up underneath the fat on Keely.

There is no freaking way I'd want to see Rosie or Star in a two piece. I remember the pics of Star in a one piece. Forget the fat, her body just looked bad. That's why she still looks like shit even now that she's skinny. I think even Rosie would probably look better than Star if she got thin. But neither of these two (regardless of size) will ever have as good a body as Keely.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Rosie is just a slovenly pig (just my opinion). She doesn't even look hygienic to me. She always pulls her greasy hair back in a bandana, her face not washed, heavy flannel...I wouldn't even put her in the same category as Star.

I think Queen Latifah is the epitome of big woman beauty, she is gorgeous with beautiful glowing skin and she always wears things that compliment her shape well. Just classy.

I think Queen Latifah looks good too. Also Jennifer Hudson.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Yeah, you know it makes a big difference aesthetically to me if they don't carry a lot of weight around their face or neck. Thats really a turn-off for me. But sometimes when a woman has a nice slender face and a bigger body, I don't even notice that she's as overweight as she is. Thats what I think is a shame more, is when people gain weight on their face or neck, which detracts even more from how beautiful they could potentially be. Keely is there now, her face has gotten much bigger, and thats a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I agree that it does have to do with whether the person is liked or disliked. Especially on GR.

Rosie O'Donnell and (formerly) Star Jones look to be the same size as Keely, yet no one hesitates expressing their opinions and there's always a comment about their weight no matter what the subject is. Everyone seemed to agree that Keely is pretty. I think this is where it has become big beautiful woman territory. Is Rosie a bbw? Probably not.
    Rosie and Starr look to have more of an "apple shaped" body, so most of their extra fat is mostly wrapped around the chest/stomach area - so they look more like a beer keg (they are also the ones that seem to have the extra weigh showing in their face and necks), whereas Keely seems to be a "pear shaped" woman; most of her extra fat is in the thigh/ass area - making her look not as overweight as the other people who probably weigh the same as she is.

If I were to guess, I would think both Rosie and pre-thin Starr were far heavier than Keely. My guess is that Keely weighs in at about 230 or so. Rosie and Starr looked to be alot closer to 250lbs (for Rosie) and alot more for Starr (if it was ever documented, I never read about it, but I would guess about 280 or so)

Queen Latifah is the best example, celebrity wise. Lovely personality, gorgeous as anything, talented, sexy and of course a great shape. Her carriage is regal.
    I can't imagine what she'd look like at a size 8 or 10.

It's just knowing what Keely looked like before, at say, 125, 150, 160 and now. Her carriage hasn't changed and I wonder how she manages that. It's like you're a whole new person on the outside.

Just like when a friend of mine lost 120 lbs she had to adjust and it wasn't easy. The world looked at her differently. She didn't know who she was until she emotionally reinvented herself.

^^There is a huge psychological aspect to gaining and losing so much weight. A friend of mine lost a lot of weight and instead of making her happy -- which is what she expected -- she actually went through quite a period of depression. She pulled out of it, tho, and now feels and looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    She's heavier than ever before and doesn't care what anyone thinks. She looks happy. That part is good. She has let herself go because she didn't need to add that extra 60 or 75 lbs or whatever it is.

Personally, I couldn't be twice the size of the man I was with nor would I want him to be half my size. I adore Michael J. Fox but as far as I'm concerned it would be like being with a girl.
    I was just about to comment on how Brosnan has almost
    doubled in size, too, when mrs. v posted the comparison pic
    below.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post

Tmz
    Thanks for posting that. Here's more recent Brosnan:
    Last edited by HWBL; January 19th, 2008 at 06:41 PM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I don't think KSS is an attractive woman. Apparantly I am in the minority though. However I do find Queen L to be an attractive woman.

Silver Member

She's obese and should lose a lot of weight for health reasons, not just for her looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    I don't think KSS is an attractive woman. Apparantly I am in the minority though. However I do find Queen L to be an attractive woman.
    Do you mean she isn't attractive now, or even before, when she was thin?

I don't think she's very attractive now, but when she was thinner, I thought she was absolutely stunning.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information