Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith bikini photos

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    She looks fat but looks kinda athletic to me in a way. Maybe that's just the way she carries herself.
    I noticed that too. I think that's appeal for me of these pics - the way she carries herself. Even with the fat, you can see she's muscled. My sister is overweight, but when she works out (even without losing a pound), her body takes on a different shape.

I would peg her in at around 250. Yes it's great she is secure in herself blah blah blah, but I've been thin and I've been medium and I've been fat. She is quite fat, unhealthily overweight. Her face has lost all its features. She should lose a minimum of 70 lbs is my guess. And she would still be overweight by the "charts"

I think she's probably 220 at the heaviest. Not sure how tall she is, that could make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by comperic2003 View Post
    No, I really do find her attractive. I like big women, and I think she is beautiful.
    There are plenty of men who find it attractive. Seems like it's mainly women who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    The woman in the bikini rocks. I'm so sick of people being disgusted with their bodies and denying themselves pleasure because of it. As long as she's healthy, it looks like she was quite content on the beach apparently. Might there have been a more flattering suit? Maybe, but would she have looked as happy in it?
    I totally agree. She is quite big, but doesn't necessarily look to be in bad shape IMO. For a girl her size I think she looks good as far as proportions go.

The way she carries herself and that smile make her more attractive too.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    The fact that she is able to walk around and wear a bikini and not have her hands over her belly and have her shoulders hunched over with her body language screaming don't look at me I'm hideous looking, is admirable in this thin obsessed day and age.
    I admire this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I agree with what you're saying, but in the same respect, she has probably resigned herself to the fact that she doesn't have that magic pill and maybe (just maybe) she knows she just doesn't want to exercise and diet. Maybe she just accepts herself the way she looks.

The only reason these sorts of threads bother me is because I am one of those women OBSESSED with the way my body looks. I was always stick thin, but always obsessed with what I saw and honestly believed what I saw in the mirror was what everyone else saw, too - a fat person. As a young person (under 20) I would just starve myself, but after I hit 30, things weren't that easy - I gained weight (went up to a WHOPPING 150 pounds at one point) I was so embarrassed to go out, let alone in a bikini!
    I used to really obsess over it too, but not so much anymore. About 2 years ago I broke my foot-- between that and my marriage turning sour (depression) I gained almost 20 lbs. It's been hard to keep off, I'll lose most of it then gain it back. To be honest though, it doesn't bother me enough to work harder to get it off. I'm more concerned with becoming more toned and fit, and not over gaining with this pregnancy.

Anyway, I'm nowhere as big as Keely, but the size I am now would've been totally unacceptable to me a few years ago. Even when I was very thin I always thought I was fat though. Thankfully my man prefers a little bit extra on his girls, and playfully teases me to "please don't lose any weight".

No way in hell would I be confident enough to go out in a bikini, but I do look at my body very differently now.
    It's not nearly as bad as I once tricked myself into believing it was.

I've been thinking about this since I posted earlier. I looked at her again. Her face is distorted. I see blobs of fat and what I don't understand is why she is so much larger than her previous full figure which did look toned. I can understand gaining weight, but to veer so far off from one own's average self puzzles me.

^^ I agree that her face is puffier than usual.

I'm not so sure she's bigger though-- was thinking maybe she looked so because she's in a bathing suit.

Jennifer Love Hewitt definitely looked much larger in her suit than she does in clothes.

A*O

Wow - So many of you seem shocked that her good looking husband chooses to remain with her despite her weight. WTF? If he was a 300lb slob nobody would even comment. As it happens I do think she's now getting into 'unhealthy' territory - you cannot be that weight and NOT have some kind of potential or real health issues, especially as you get older. And don't be fooled by her apparent 'confidence'. I'm sure that as an A List Hollywood wife she has all kinds of body image issues to deal with.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

What happened to this woman? I was expecting to click and see this

HOT^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'd never wear a bikini, so good on her for going for it.

Elite Member

Thank God I'm not a celeb, because the last thing I would want is to be at the beach, having a good time, and then have photos of me posted all over the Internet ripping every inch of me.

You can debate her size, her health, etc. but I see a happy person enjoying life, and I just like Jennifer Love, I say more power to her!

Bronze Member

Concerning the people who called her huge, or say she is too big, your perception is obviously skewed, as is mine. Most of you think of thin as the ideal, so anything that ventures outside that is considered either unhealthy or fat. This website constantly bombards you with images of thin celebrities; so, it is only natural that your perception of what is beautiful or even normal would be altered. But I am no different. I date and admire, what I call curvy or big, what you guys would probably call obese of gross, women, but the fact remains, I surround myself with images of bigger woman. So, what is normal for me is too big for you, and what is normal to you is more than likely too small for me. But I do have a soft spot, no pun intended, for athletic woman like Jeissica Biel or Gina Carano.

That being said, weight is a poor indicator of health. Sure, obesity-and no matter how you cut it, Keely is not obese-can be a serious health problem, but a woman at her weight can easily be healthy.

Give me a break. She is not that big. You gained weight from a hormonal/pituitary disorder, do you think maybe that is why you were having breathing problems at night?
    She's that big - she is easily over 200lbs.

I'd say closer to 250 but what she does have going for her is that she's not jiggly and full of rolls.

Difficultly breathing and sleep apnea IS directly related to being overweight.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Well good for them. I just find being obese unattractive and that's something that wouldn't make me happy; I think the general population feels this way or diet pills wouldn't be a billion dollar a year industry.
    You are right, the general population is obsessed with weight and does diet to maintain or obtain the thin ideal, but you said you could not imagine any woman being happy and fat. I told you I knew some. I never said every fat woman is happy with her weight.

Concerning the people who called her huge, or say she is too big, your perception is obviously skewed, as is mine. Most of you think of thin as the ideal, so anything that ventures outside that is considered either unhealthy or fat. This website constantly bombards you with images of thin celebrities; so, it is only natural that your perception of what is beautiful or even normal would be altered. But I am no different. I date and admire, what I call curvy or big, what you guys would probably call obese of gross, women, but the fact remains, I surround myself with images of bigger woman. So, what is normal for me is too big for you, and what is normal to you is more than likely too small for me. But I do have a soft spot, no pun intended, for athletic woman like Jeissica Biel or Gina Carano.

That being said, weight is a poor indicator of health. Sure, obesity-and no matter how you cut it, Keely is not obese-can be a serious health problem, but a woman at her weight can easily be healthy.

Wow.

You are seriously in denial.

And I would either guess you are very overweight (obese) yourself or a chubby chaser.

To each their own but to think there is no health ramification is just ignorant.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Tmz
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    She's that big - she is easily over 200lbs.

I'd say closer to 250 but what she does have going for her is that she's not jiggly and full of rolls.

Difficultly breathing and sleep apnea IS directly related to being overweight.
    Like I said in my previous post, big is a perception but concerning you other point, you are right; difficulty breathing and sleep apnea are directly related to being overweight. But I highly doubt she is heavy enough to be afflicted with sleep apenea. Besides, sleep apnea primarily affects men.

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Wow.

You are seriously in denial.

And I would either guess you are very overweight (obese) yourself or a chubby chaser.

To each their own but to think there is no health ramification is just ignorant.

Denial? I have actually never heard that before. I am actually not overweight truth be told. I have less than 8% body fat and I am an olympic lifter (no, not an olympic level athlete, but someone who competes in olympic lifting competitions). As to being a chubby chaser, that is actually a term used in gay circles, but I do like chubby women. I also like athletic women like Jessica Biel; so, I think chubby chaser is pigeon holing my preferences.

Please do not call me ignorant when you are talking about health. I do not like to make assumptions, but I am pretty sure I know far more about nutrition, fitness, and human physiology than you do.
    Last edited by Tati; January 19th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Thank God I'm not a celeb, because the last thing I would want is to be at the beach, having a good time, and then have photos of me posted all over the Internet ripping every inch of me.
    Me too, I'd have topped myself by now!

Concerning the people who called her huge, or say she is too big, your perception is obviously skewed, as is mine. Most of you think of thin as the ideal, so anything that ventures outside that is considered either unhealthy or fat. This website constantly bombards you with images of thin celebrities; so, it is only natural that your perception of what is beautiful or even normal would be altered.
    You certainly have a point there.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information