Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith bikini photos

^Yes, I must say, if she has such good tone, why not just do something about the weight? She doesn't have to lose all of it, just some of it.

I'm not overweight, but if I had the resources most of these people had, I'd be a f*cking BRICK HOUSE.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Not to belabor it, but it seems like the Keeley Shay Smith situation is kind of out of the ordinary. To go from her original size to the one she is now is not what I normally think of when I see the celeb-experiencing-middle-age-spread photos. I wonder if she has commented on it herself. I have to admit that if she just let herself go (lots of eating and no exercise) and got like this it would be pretty bad.

It seems like Pierce Brosnan is a pretty faithful husband, too -- sickness and in health. Wasn't he married to an actress (Cassandra Harris?) who was about 8 years or so older than him and died of cancer?
    When she was on Unsolved Mysteries (?) she was very thin. Too thin imo.
    Maybe years of starvation dieting messed up her metabolism.

I agree that Pierce seems like a really good guy, and so do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post

I'm not overweight, but if I had the resources most of these people had, I'd be a f*cking BRICK HOUSE.
    That reminds me -- I talk with my wife about this a lot. She is very lean and muscular, but she doesn't like the weight she is at -- mainly because she feels like she has less control over it than ever. And then, she will look at some thin celebrity and wonder how they do it.

My usual reply is that it kind of is part of the celebrity job description to be thin. My wife, though, has a demanding, technical job. And she doesn't have handlers, dietician, personal chef, and pilates instructor to make it all happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    When she was on Unsolved Mysteries (?) she was very thin. Too thin imo.
    Maybe years of starvation dieting messed up her metabolism.

I agree that Pierce seems like a really good guy, and so do you.
    Thanks, I appreciate that.
    Last edited by Tati; September 22nd, 2008 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That reminds me -- I talk with my wife about this a lot. She is very lean and muscular, but she doesn't like the weight she is at -- mainly because she feels like she has less control over it than ever. And then, she will look at some thin celebrity and wonder how they do it.

My usual reply is that it kind of is part of the celebrity job description to be thin. My wife, though, has a demanding, technical job. And she doesn't have handlers, dietician, personal chef, and pilates instructor to make it all happen.
    Yeah.....if I had nannies, a personal chef, a trainer, and the ability to work out for at least an hour a day every day, I'd look as good as they do. But the rest of us have to work, and though we try to be healthy, our lives aren't in a f*cking vacuum like these people. Sleep is a big part of it---they are able to get sleep, with all that help. My friends and I are working like mad and not getting that kind of pampering.

Still, Keely DOES have the resources available, so I wonder why she won't just lose, like....I don't know, fifty pounds. Enough to get out of the severely obese range she's in.

Elite Member

Keely, honey, at the very least a one piece. Better yet, a miracle suit.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Keely, honey, at the very least a one piece. Better yet, a miracle suit.
    If she and her hubby aren't worried about her weight, why should anyone else be?

Maybe it keeps her man all hot and bothered so she has no desire to lose it.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

Stranger things have happened...

^^ There are certainly men out there who appreciate a little extra fullness.

And they're not always "chubby chasers".

If he divorses her or cheat on her,she ll get her weight in gold..just saying..

I'm not a chubby chaser (my wife is about a size 5), but I really enjoyed the photos of Keeley at the beginning of this thread.

I understand the need to maintain a healthy diet and strive for a certain weight range, but I don't think that someone who misses the mark shouldn't be filled with self loathing and feel that they need to wear a mumu or something when they go to the beach.

With regard to why she's not controlling weight, I can't remember if I brought up things like medication. I have a relative who is on Dilantin (for seizures). He gained 20-30 pounds in a very short time -- almost like his metabolism crashed. And exercise and dietary control hasn't brought him down even close to where he was before.

I saw a pic in one of the recent tabloids. They're at the beach, lying in the sand. Pierce is all over her. So I guess he likes a Rubenesque woman. Health wise I'd think he'd want her to lose some though.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I saw a pic in one of the recent tabloids. They're at the beach, lying in the sand. Pierce is all over her. So I guess he likes a Rubenesque woman. Health wise I'd think he'd want her to lose some though.
    I think it becomes especially important around the age of menopause, when women lose some of the natural protection from a heart attack. (I forgot why that is, though.)

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by gogodancer View Post
    If she and her hubby aren't worried about her weight, why should anyone else be?
    Exactly! The press have always been really disappointed that they can't say that Pierce will divorce her because she's too fat (a la KFed and Britney) because Pierce has come right out and said, "I love my wife's body, she's sexy!"

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    There have been so many of those pics over the years! I think it's awesome that they are so happy, and that he doesn't give a shit that she isn't a stick-insect! Yay!

Yep. I have a friend who loves large ladies. Not all guys prefer slim women. I think it's horrible the way people go on about Keely's weight. If she's fine about it, who cares? It's no-one elses business.

Thread Information