Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith bikini photos

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I'm sure there is a 'fat' gene - it's the only explanation for why who gets fat and who doesn't is so random. MrAO and I both have the same metabolism, ie, we both gain weight very quickly and easily without some very firm self control. Yet our kids eat all kinds of junk that I wouldn't dare even look at and they are both very slim. Our son in particular doesn't appear to have a spare ounce of fat on him and never did. I guess they both got lucky and didn't inherit Mum and Dad's Fat Gene! LOL

There's no question there is some genetic disposition towards weight gain and no weight gain people. Not only metabolism but the amount of fat cells you are born with. But you work with what you got.

Genetics is no excuse for stuffing yourself with unhealthy foods in excess amounts. I've seen shows that profiled morbidly obese people (as just an example here) and the reason why they get that big is simple, they eat ungodly amounts of high calorie foods. It is not rocket science, it's physiologically impossible to create extra mass and fat from eating little to no food. That's why obese people tend to downplay the amount of food they eat which is something I used to do.

Iunno I just see how unhealthy being that size is..Don't really give a damn how she looks, but she is a big woman, doesn't look very healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    There's no question there is some genetic disposition towards weight gain and no weight gain people. Not only metabolism but the amount of fat cells you are born with. But you work with what you got.

Genetics is no excuse for stuffing yourself with unhealthy foods in excess amounts. I've seen shows that profiled morbidly obese people (as just an example here) and the reason why they get that big is simple, they eat ungodly amounts of high calorie foods. It is not rocket science, it's physiologically impossible to create extra mass and fat from eating little to no food. That's why obese people tend to downplay the amount of food they eat which is something I used to do.
    I agree. But the rub is, people truly don't give a shit about how people eat or whether their habits are unhealthy or not. It's about how they look. That's just the sad truth. There's more than a little bit of unfairness in the fact that a person who stuffs themselves with unhealthy foods and has all manner of unhealthy habits but remains thin is usually not vilified or prejudged to be an 'out-of-control pig', yet an overweight person who might in actuality have far healthier habits than the thin person (and has to constantly fight genetics to be merely overweight instead of obese) is thought of this way.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bikini Photos of Brosnan's Wife Stir Controversy About Body Image, Draw Nasty Comments

Celebrity bloggers are having a field day over paparazzi photos of Keely Shaye Smith, former 007 actor Pierce Brosnan's wife, on the beach in Hawaii, daring to show her quite ample bikini-clad body.
    "Double Oh No," exclaimed the Web site TMZ.com, which posted the photos, taken last week during a Brosnan family outing. Commenters on the site -- one of many who posted and liberally commented on the photos -- referred to her as an "obese beached whale."

Smith, 43, a plus-size former soap opera star, may look more like James Bond's secretary Moneypenny, a down-to-earth real woman, than Pussy Galore, Bond's iconic 36-24-36 playmate.

Like many ordinary women, Smith may be beautiful but definitely not a size 2.

Snide remarks on the blogosphere demonstrate that weight is one of the last arenas where one can be politically incorrect without repercussions.

And, say psychologists, such comments destroy the self-confidence of everyday women and only feed the frenzy to be thin.

"I think it's great that she is proud of her body," said S. Tia Brown, senior editor for InTouch Weekly. "To be in a photo in a bikini in your 40s and not be petite, speaks to her confidence. It takes even more courage because her husband is considered a sex symbol."

In 2006, Smith had been featured in Vogue magazine's annual "shape" issue, telling readers she was proud of her Rubenesque figure.

Her husband, who played James Bond and has been called "the sexiest man alive," said he thought his wife was "stunning."

"I love my wife's curves," Brosnan told Vogue.

"I never shy away from color or my curves," the beautiful, but zaftig Smith told the magazine. "I like to play up my neckline and shoulders. If a jacket is pulling in the bust, I might just move the button an inch. But I never hide in baggy clothing."

Smith spent one season as Valerie Freeman on television's "General Hospital" in 1989. In the 1990s, she served as a correspondent on "Unsolved Mysteries." An avid gardener, she wrote a two-volume set on horticulture in 2000. The couple has been active in environmental causes.

Brosnan had no comment on the reaction to the photo, but in the past has been quoted as saying, "I found a great woman in Keely. Not if I searched a million times over would I find one as good."

ABC News: Bond's Girl: Fix for H'wood's Body Complex?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I agree. But the rub is, people truly don't give a shit about how people eat or whether their habits are unhealthy or not. It's about how they look. That's just the sad truth. There's more than a little bit of unfairness in the fact that a person who stuffs themselves with unhealthy foods and has all manner of unhealthy habits but remains thin is usually not vilified or prejudged to be an 'out-of-control pig', yet an overweight person who might in actuality have far healthier habits than the thin person (and has to constantly fight genetics to be merely overweight instead of obese) is thought of this way.
    That's true but when you really let yourself go I think that's when the real hateful marks come from not that it's any justified.

As for stylejunkiex posting, I was wondering what took so long for the media to pick up on what pierce and keely were thinking about all the discussion over the pics. I mean, literally within a day of the bikini pics of jennifer love hewitt beign posted on the celeb sites, JLH raised a furor over the comments.

I personally have not made what I feel are hateful remarks towards keely. I never called her insulting or mean spirited names. I simply was pointing out the honest and brutal truth. Heck I'd look nasty in a pair of swimming trunks with my moobs and cellulite, so I always stay covered at the beach. If people called me on that, what can I say it's the truth. I just find it amazing that people go out of their way to try and not hurt keely's feelings by saying that she carries her weight well, looks proportional, etc. etc., when she plainly does not. That's not being mean spirited, it's being truthful and not lying.

I have a feeling though she may go on some mega crash diet soon and then go on the cover of glamour or some other women's magazine with her "inspirational cover story of how keely lost her weight" and her appearances on oprah.

I have a feeling though she may go on some mega crash diet soon and then go on the cover of glamour or some other women's magazine with her "inspirational cover story of how keely lost her weight" and her appearances on oprah.
    I don't think that will happen. She's had very bad pictures of her in the tabloids befor and she's only gotten bigger.

I'm sorry but as someone who has to lose 40 pounds, I am not "proud" of my fat. I'm not proud that I'm not in shape. I can't imagine that KSS is happy at that size. She has two little boys. I have two older kids and my out of shape-ness sometimes gets in the way. I imagine it would even more with younger kids. Overweight will never equal healthy to me, no matter how much people try to spin it that way.

More power to KSS if she is actually happy that way. But she should know that the celebrity world is a skinny one. She's part of it through her husband. Like it or not.

Jesus, would you leave this woman alone already?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    More power to KSS if she is actually happy that way. But she should know that the celebrity world is a skinny one. She's part of it through her husband. Like it or not.

So? I think she knows this already. She obviously isn't obsessed about it like most other people are.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Heck I'd look nasty in a pair of swimming trunks with my moobs and cellulite, so I always stay covered at the beach. If people called me on that, what can I say it's the truth.
    If you want to cover up because you feel more comfortable that way that's perfectly fine, but to cover up just to please everyone else is bull crap.

If other folks don't like the way you look it is THEIR problem.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Jesus, would you leave this woman alone already?
    Go Chilly

Eh, it's a gossip site. Nobody is obsessed with KSS. At least I'm not.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

No Mercy!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I agree that if she's happy... which she really seems to be... LOOK at her, she's smiling, she's confident, she's happily married with beautiful kids... then that's all that matters. Yea, some of us, myself included, wouldn't be happy at that size, but that doesn't mean her size should OFFEND some of us so much.. so what? She's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    I agree that if she's happy... which she really seems to be... LOOK at her, she's smiling, she's confident, she's happily married with beautiful kids... then that's all that matters. Yea, some of us, myself included, wouldn't be happy at that size, but that doesn't mean her size should OFFEND some of us so much.. so what? She's fat.

True enough but the issue is that people are calling her well proportioned or carrying her weight well, or not obese and things of that sort which is pretty ludicrous in my opinion. She doesn't offend me but people who lie and fake things do.

I respect your opinion. Agree to disagree.

Thread Information