Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith bikini photos

Quote Originally Posted by ducki View Post
    Why should't it be okay? They obviously need all this energy to function. If they eat a lot and are still slim they'd probably be underweight if they ate less. So I assume they eat the right amount of food for them.
    You really want me to list all their health issues? About half the family on that side (the ones who are still living) has went whole hog with the lifestyle overhauling, including regular exercising and vegetarianism. So obviously they didn't "need" all that shit food to function. They're not much skinnier now, in fact. But have way healthier bowels.

So no, it wasn't "okay" for them just because they were lucky enough genetically to manage to avoid being fatasses by it.

This is why I don't assume anything about the eating and/or exercise habits of anyone who is overweight or underweight. Do you know hard it is to eat 1000 calories a day every day? Do you know how much harder it is if you're also exercising?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Do you know hard it is to eat 1000 calories a day every day? Do you know how much harder it is if you're also exercising?
    I may be completely missing the context of this question, but are you serious? 1000 calories a day?

1000 calories? That is anorexia. Overeaters and anos are equally messed up. A size 0 is just as abnormal as a size 30.

Quote Originally Posted by comperic2003 View Post
    I may be completely missing the context of this question, but are you serious? 1000 calories a day?
    I think she means it's hard to be satisfied living on just 1,000 calories per day, especially when exercising.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    1000 calories? That is anorexia. Overeaters and anos are equally messed up. A size 0 is just as abnormal as a size 30.

Exactly. It's not pretty. Unless you're 4'10" or something, then a size 0 looks awful. We've gone to extremes.

There was an Oscar Meyer commercial years ago--about fifteen years ago or so...Two unseen women were talking and they were all jealous at the gorgeous woman who was "a perfect size 6" and eating ham. A perfect size 6! And now that woman would be told to lose 20 lbs to be considered "hot."

^^ These days a woman would have to be at least 6 feet tall for a size 6 to be *acceptable*.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    I think she means it's hard to be satisfied living on just 1,000 calories per day, especially when exercising.
    You're pretty much hungry all the time. And I know some overweight people who have to knock it down to this (with regular exercise) to lose. Then continue to deal with jackasses assuming that they're hogs who eat everything in sight and spend all day on the couch because they're not losing weight fast enough. Or if, heaven forbid, they get tired of maintaining the willpower of existing in such a manner and say "fuck it" for a few days/weeks/months/years and eat what would be a "normal" amount for most people, but makes them stop losing and/or start gaining it back again.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    ^^ These days a woman would have to be at least 6 feet tall for a size 6 to be *acceptable*.
    You're right about that. A friend of mine this height and size who did modeling (and this was 10-12 years ago) was told to drop down to at least a 4.

A*O

It's true that everyone has a different metabolism and genetic factors play a part too. I won't bore you with the stuff I learned from various doctors I consulted about my weight gain and the difficulty I had in losing it again but the upshot was that although I am, on paper, an "undereater" I still gain weight extremely easily. And so I have to be very careful about the quantity of food I eat and there are certain things I have to specifically avoid, particularly carbohydrates. That's just how my body works. But it still boils down to the fact that if I eat like most 'normal' people, or my sister, or my husband, or my kids, or my third cousin twice removed, I WILL gain weight so therefore I am eating 'too much' for me. There is no 'ideal' amount. Some people can eat huge amounts of food and not gain an ounce, others, like me, just have to look at a bagel and gain 2lbs. Overweight people are eating too much for them. It's not fair, nobody really understands why this happens, but after years of hiding behind the fact that "this is the way I am supposed to be and there's nothing I can do about it" I got a grip, lost the weight and the struggle to keep myself a healthy weight will continue for the rest of my life. I've learned to accept it.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^ That's pretty spot on for me too A*O. I can gain weight very easily. Especially by eating sugars and carb rich foods. For example, the "recommended 2,000 a day calorie diet" would have me pack on pounds like mad. That said, I also work out at the gym first a few quite mornings a week, so on paper, I should be able to consume that amount -- reality is I just can't for prolonged amounts of time.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

A*O

Me too Venus - If I ate 2000cals a day I would gain weight. I don't count calories anyway because know what my 'good' and 'bad' foods are and most diets, eg, Weightwatchers, Jenny Craig, etc have WAY too many carbs for me. I basically limit (not exclude totally) all 'white foods', eg bread, rice, pasta, potatoes and sugar and that seems to work.

The good news is that come the apocalypse and everyone else dies of starvation, my ultra-efficient metabolism that converts every single spare calorie I consume into fat will mean that I will end up in my very own version of I Am Legend LOL
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I won't be too far behind you there, A*O. I used to be a better calorie burner naturally. But age, lack of time to spend 2 hrs a day in gym like I used to and probably a history of yo-yo-ing and diet pill popping fucked that up.

I can still do 2,000 and maintain. But if and ONLY if I work out like mad. I'm a hungry bitch otherwise.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    You're pretty much hungry all the time. And I know some overweight people who have to knock it down to this (with regular exercise) to lose. Then continue to deal with jackasses assuming that they're hogs who eat everything in sight and spend all day on the couch because they're not losing weight fast enough. Or if, heaven forbid, they get tired of maintaining the willpower of existing in such a manner and say "fuck it" for a few days/weeks/months/years and eat what would be a "normal" amount for most people, but makes them stop losing and/or start gaining it back again.
    1000 cals a day is a form of starvation. If you (I don't mean you Mrs Dark) are eating 1000 cals a day, you are an idiot. How fucking dumb and desperate does someone have to be to put their body in a catabolic state in an attempt to lose weight? Eventually your metabolism is going to come to a complete crawl. To compensate, you will need to exercise to increase it. And of course, doing this only burns more calories. And even worse, the primary source of your weightloss is going to come from water and muscle tissue. If people are dumb enough to starve themselves, and they do not have a mental ailment, they deserve to die.

I think KSS's metabolism is shot due to constant dieting for years and years. Same thing happened to Kirstie Alley, Delta Burke, and probably others I can't think of right now. From what I've read, once your body goes into starvation mode because of strict dieting, it gets harder and harder to lose weight even on an extremely low calorie diet.
    At that point, it would probably take a nutrionist and a complete change of diet and eating habit to reset the metabolism to normal.

Thread Information