Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith bikini photos

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Well, if that's how you got fat then go with what you know for you!! Your responding to me means that you are trying to contradict my story...well take that magic time machine back to my youth and talk to me when you get back!! Everybody is different!!
    I'm not addressing any of my remarks to you personally - don't be so sensitive about something you claim not to care about. I will rephrase "ONE gets fat by eating too much of the wrong food and not exercising enough". Obviously I don't know your personal history or circumstances and it's none of my business. I'm merely saying that as a former fattie myself I can see both sides of this discussion and because of that I don't necessarily believe people who defiantly claim they love being overweight. If you are happy with the way you are then lucky you and go for it. But please don't 'defend' obesity by saying that it doesn't have bad consequences to health because it does, sooner or later. You have to at least acknowledge the possibility that you will probably develop diabetes, high blood pressure and heart problems when you are middle aged. I decided that I wasn't prepared to take that risk, especially when I have a family to look after and these things are preventable by keeping my weight under control - and believe me it's a constant, daily battle.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I also think it is a bit odd that SSDiva posted earlier in this thread that members here weren't used to dealing with fat people who stuck up for themselves. I can think of half a dozen threads, including the Beth Ditto thread, where that's happened recently.

I really don't care what size someone is, but being unhealthy costs us all money, whether you're too big or too small.

Silver Member

Well, if that's how you got fat then go with what you know for you!! Your responding to me means that you are trying to contradict my story...well take that magic time machine back to my youth and talk to me when you get back!! Everybody is different!!
    If you're trying to say that you didn't overeat and became overweight anyway, you probably should give your body to scientific research. Maybe the key to the invention of the perpetuum mobile is in your genes! No energy input but a lot of energy output.

And as you said, everybody is different, so the right amount of food for your cousins/siblings diesn't have to be the right amount of food for you.

Keelly doesn't look obese to me but she is borderline. She carries the weight well and she looks comfortable in her own skin but it would still be a good idea to lose some weight and not merely for aesthetic reasons. I'm overweight myself and I hate it. I want to exercise more but it puts a hell of a strain on my joints and I hate not being able to wear what I want. However, I don't punish myself by not enjoying life. I just wear things that fit, including *gasp* a bikini in the summer. It's not a beauty pageant, I'm just going to the beach to relax and if I offend anyone they can go fuck themselves.

As health goes, I'm in perfectly good health. Very low cholesterol, no sign of diabetes, I don't smoke and drink. I don't see how thin is automatically healthy. I know women who have eating disorders, or who smoke like a chimney to stay thin and in many cases thin people who don't exercise are skinny fat anyway.

You don't know what you are talking about. I am a big woman, I love all of me! I didn't just get use to it, I love every ounce of me. I can breathe, I can tie my shoes, your shoes, and bend over without losing my breathe!!! I met a woman who fit's into the thin standards at the doctors yesterday...she is 3 years younger than me she has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and she is diabetic....I have none of that shit...so being fat doesn't always equate to being unhealthy, unhappy, and even unattractive. Nor does being thin equals attractive, healthy, and happy..
    The hate that smaller people have for fat people kills me, do you and let me do me. I don't give a darn about you being slim what you eat don't make me shit, so stop caring. I think she looks great!!
    I don't really give a shit if you are the size of a barn. I am not "tryin to do you" I am just speaking about what most people find attractive. And I find people that are "big" normally don't get ill over the subject if they are truely that happy with how they feel and look. Just my opinion though. I wasnt' speaking as a whole anyway, but your comments are very snotty, down right bitchy, and I would appreciate it if you didn't speak to me that way.

Oh and by the way, I also don't think someone that is happy with their weight goes out and loses 59.8lbs just for the hell of it.
    Last edited by Sweetie; January 22nd, 2008 at 08:09 AM.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I wasnt' speaking as a whole anyway, but your comments are very snotty, down right bitchy, and I would appreciate it if you didn't speak to me that way.

You are so right, Sweetie. SSDiva is the only one who seems to be agrressive and bitchy in this thread and doesn't seem able to talk about this subject like a grown-up.

Christ, this is still going???

I don't see how SSDiva is being bitchy.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    However, I don't punish myself by not enjoying life. I just wear things that fit, including *gasp* a bikini in the summer. It's not a beauty pageant, I'm just going to the beach to relax and if I offend anyone they can go fuck themselves.
    Right on!!

Have a vodka Lynnie. It'll take the edge off the namecalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
    Cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    What I find irritating is when people say things like "Her husband can't be happy with the way she looks now!", "He married a skinny girl, he still wants that skinny girl!" when no one here knows that for sure. He could very well be happy.

I also find it irritating when people tell others how that other person feels. For example, SSDiva says she's very happy with herself and the way she looks - how can anyone else tell her she's not??? Me? I believe her. If she wasn't, why wouldn't she sit behind her monitor pretending to be a skinny girl?

Just because one person feels a certain way about something, doesn't mean everyone else has to feel that same way.
    QFT!

Some people seem to be assuming that he only married her for looks and now they've changed this can't possibly be what he wants. For crying out loud, maybe he really loves her for the human being she is. Maybe they talk and laugh and live life together.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I might just do that Twitchy!! Always a good idea! Too bad it's only 9:00ish am....

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    You get fat because you eat too much of the wrong foods and don't exercise enough. It's not rocket surgery.
    But if it were only about calories consumed and daily activities that burn them then SSDiva and her peers should have been the same size growing up. Or if anything, she should have been smaller, being involved in extra activities.

Don't discount genetics. There are plenty of people who eat wrong/large amounts of foods and/or don't exercise who remain thin. I know what some people will say to this....that "it'll catch up to them one day!". Perhaps. It does happen. But it's a fact that for some people it never does. At least not in the form of extra body weight. I have known some thin/average weight people who were forced to change their diets, start exercising and generally overhaul their lifestyles due to health problems or after heart attacks, strokes or developing diabetes. But until something like this happens to them, nobody ever thinks about telling a thin person they need to eat better/less or exercise more because they "look" healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by ducki View Post
    If you're trying to say that you didn't overeat and became overweight anyway, you probably should give your body to scientific research. Maybe the key to the invention of the perpetuum mobile is in your genes! No energy input but a lot of energy output.

And as you said, everybody is different, so the right amount of food for your cousins/siblings diesn't have to be the right amount of food for you.
    My brothers and several people on my dad's side of the family overeat and eat high fat/calorie/sugar foods, yet remain thin and wiry...and many are in their 50's or older. Perhaps I should let them know about this scientific research idea too. They could use the cash.
    Last edited by Tati; January 22nd, 2008 at 12:00 PM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

This thread has turned into a bad Brangelina one as far as I am concerned. I am bewildered that people who happen to think Keely looks bad/unhealthy/fat whatever the word be, is labelled a hater of fat people. Where did that come from? How ridiculous, sorry but it is.

While it is true I don't care one iota about KSS health, the same goes for people like Angelina who is on the opposite end of the spectrum and way too thin. Doesn't mean I hate on skinny people either. It's just a gossip site where opinions run high and guess what? It's an opinion only and of course a persons personal preference. I don't see any harm if a person doesn't find someone else nice to look at. That's their choice!

And for the life of me I can't understand why we would have to *watch our mouths* around overweight people. Any person bought up with decent manners would never comment to another person about anything to do with their looks. I certainly don't tell people I think they are too fat or thin or that their skin is dreadful or that their hair is a shocking colour etc. That's just rude.

But we can't help what is pleasing to our eye or not so pleasing. Personal taste is all that is. I don't see a problem. KSS is very overweight imo but I don't hate her. I merely don't care to be honest. This is just another thread in a long line of threads I have responded to and have an opinion over.

Nothing more nothing less.
    eta - Some people are taking our opinion of KSS personally. I have overweight family members like everyone else and I love them to death. But honestly some people have to get a grip. I am not overweight or thin but certainly don't expect everyone to like who I am or even what I look like. If your happy with yourself then why are you bothered about what others are saying about KSS . I'm confused as usual. I'm backing out now. Thanks for listening!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Christ, this is still going???

I was thinking the same...
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

^^Yes well when people are generalised into being called haters, then the thread eventually becomes emotionally fuelled.

Thread Information