Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith bikini photos

In my experience, skinny women get comments to their face about how thin they are, but they're not overwhelmingly mean comments, so to speak. If anything, I think they're more jealousy fueled than anything else. Overweight women get talked about behind their backs and to their faces, and they get really mean comments said to them. I've never heard a skinny girl being called anything even close to a disgusting pig or beached whale like I've heard it said to overweight girls.

And to be honest, in today's world, it's much more acceptable to be too skinny with or without an eating disorder (because that's something to be sympathized with) than overweight with or without an eating disorder (because that's something to be ridiculed).

Edited to add: I commend her for not caring what people think and being comfortable in her own skin, whatever size it is. That, to me, is a way more attractive trait than a size two body any day of the week. I think too many overweight women stop living life because of their weight. I know I have wanted to put stuff off because I'm not happy with how I look in shorts. But in the end I've decided you know what? Screw it. I'm not going to sit around letting life pass me by because I'm not as skinny as I want to be or "until" I lose some weight. I don't want to live my life waiting on that "until." So...good for her.
    Last edited by nwgirl; January 21st, 2008 at 08:22 AM.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    I've never heard a skinny girl being called anything even close to a disgusting pig or beached whale like I've heard it said to overweight girls.
    Well, 'concentration camp victim', 'AIDS patient', 'body of a 10-year old boy', and 'walking corpse' aren't exactly complimentary, either.

You have to admit, it is considered more acceptable to be underweight than overweight. In most people's eyes, overweight equates to being a lazy, twinkie eating slob. I have never been more 150lbs at my heaviest and 105lbs at my lightest (I'm 5'7) and whereas no one was ever rude when I was 150lbs, I know I sure got ALOT of comments when I was 105lbs - which is actually way too thin for someone my height. Getting those compliments is probably part of the reason I obsess with my weight now. Being 124lbs now, I know is a good weight for me, but I always think about losing a few more pounds.

...and anyone calling another person an AIDS PATIENT or CONCENTRATION CAMP VICTIM to someone's face has mental issues. It would however be understandable if that was thought when looking at a person with anorexia.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDecember View Post
    Well, 'concentration camp victim', 'AIDS patient', 'body of a 10-year old boy', and 'walking corpse' aren't exactly complimentary, either.
    Wow, I've never heard anything even remotely close to something that bad. (People are asses.) Not that I don't think it happens, just I've never heard it anywhere near that bad. I can't think of one thing I've ever heard that would make me gasp at the meanness of it, towards a skinny girl. But I couldn't tell you how many things I've heard towards overweight girls that I just think are so fricking cruel.

Usually with skinny girls, it's more along the lines of "Yeah, I sure wish I had your fat problems."
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Big girls dont get the bashing around here,chubby ones are even popular,its a cultural thing,i quess,the very skinny ones get it hard.
    I ve been very skinny for some time,AID,s victim was the softer i ve heard.
    Even dolled up,i ve had them telling me if they should call the undertaker,or i ve hurt them with my bones,or how come and i am still standing,or why dont i go to a doctor,or my kids will end up motherless...
    I knew i would get back to normal soon as my life was back to track and i did.
    I dont judge people that want to be overweight,i just find it hard to believe they are happy and proud of it.
    Just like anorexics,i dont think they are happy either..

I've been on both sides of the spectrum. I was once really overweight and people were really fucking rude, dismissive and cruel about it. From when I was big, I remember feeling very invisible. The undertone of the comments is disgust "oh god, I'd rather kill myself than get as fat as you, you make me sick, you fat cow.." that's unsaid, but very apparent.

Now, I've had that weight off for years and maintained it. In the last few months or so I've lost 15 lbs, that to some; puts me in the "too skinny" category and they're not shy to mention it. The difference is, the underlying tone of the comments, nobody is like "I'd never let myself loose that 15 lbs like you did". There is not that same, disgust. They might prefer me a bit bigger, but they're not judging me so harshly whilst commenting.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I have never been more 150lbs at my heaviest and 105lbs at my lightest (I'm 5'7) .
    You do realize that 150# is within the normal weight range for that height?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Gold Member

Keely is obese. It's not attractive, and it's not healthy. Whenever celebs are called too disgustingly thin on this board, there doesn't seem to be any controversy. But there seems to be too many apologists for those who are obese.

I wear a size 2/4 (US sizes), and I don't wear bikinis, so I'm always amazed when those who are obese wear the smallest bathing suits possible. That bikini doesn't flatter Keely at all.

And I disagree that thin people don't get the insults that fat people do. I am naturally thin, and at my thinnest wore a size 0. I had people thinking I was anorexic. Fat seems to be acceptable in our culture. We go out of our way to not insult those who are overweight, but those who are considered "too thin" are fair game for insults.

The bottom line is we have an epidemic of obesity in this country that is contributing to many health problems. I think it is time to stop making excuses for being obese, and promoting a more healthy life style (exercising and a healthy diet.)

mooooooo.

She would make two good looking women.....

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    Keely is obese. It's not attractive, and it's not healthy.
    Correction, she is not obese, you do not find her attractive, and you have no idea how healthy or unhealthy she is.

I wear a size 2/4 (US sizes), and I don't wear bikinis, so I'm always amazed when those who are obese wear the smallest bathing suits possible. That bikini doesn't flatter Keely at all.
    Well, maybe Keely just has more self-confidence than you. Is self-confidence a character flaw all of a sudden?

^^no, but gluttony is.....

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by comperic2003 View Post
    Correction, she is not obese, you do not find her attractive, and you have no idea how healthy or unhealthy she is.

Well, maybe Keely just has more self-confidence than you. Is self-confidence a character flaw all of a sudden?
    By looking at Keely, I can tell she is clinically obese. Maybe you need to look up the definition of the word. It's sad when seeing obese people becomes the norm, and we don't even recognize it as obesity.

And I doubt other people at the beach appreciated Keely's apparent self confidence. If she put on that bikini, looked in the mirror, and thought she looked good, she is delusional.

Look, people are making way too much out of this. As stated before if this was someone else besides keely it wouldn't be an extended 15 page thread.

The bottom line is that for some of us this has nothing to do with being anti obese or heavy or whatnot. The bottom line is that based on the pictures the person looks heavy and not very pleasing to the eye. I'm sorry if that offends people but I call it like it is regardless of gender, celebrity, race, etc. It's just that when people state that keely looks 'proportional,' that she carries her weight well, or anything to that effect, it seems like such an obvious attempt to spare her the painful truth that it kind of feels untrue.

All the comments about thin & overweight reminds me of all comments I received when I was to thin. People I didn't really know telling me I was to thin, usually overweight women in an insulting way. I don't think if would have flew had I told them they were overweight & wouldn't want to insult them. One of my co-workers called me a skinny bitch, she really was a jealous bitter fatty. Haha real funny. Had I jokingly called her a fat bitch, it would have been rude. It's not my fault she is overweight. I have compassion for those that are overweight, it isn't easy to loose weight once gained. In either case it's a matter of health.

And I doubt other people at the beach appreciated Keely's apparent self confidence. If she put on that bikini, looked in the mirror, and thought she looked good, she is delusional.
    Oh, I've seen MUCH worse at the beach..... and in thongs even!!

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    It's just that when people state that keely looks 'proportional,' that she carries her weight well, or anything to that effect, it seems like such an obvious attempt to spare her the painful truth that it kind of feels untrue.
    I said those things about Keely and it wasn't about sparing the painful truth-- just that for a woman of her size at least she does have a shape and some tone to her.

If I was that large I'd definitely want to be shaped like Keely instead of someone like Beth Ditto.

There's no denying that she's a big girl, it's just that it doesn't bother some people like it does others.

Thread Information