Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith bikini photos

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    No, no-one has ever accused me of having a (compulsive) eating disorder, however, they have gone out of their way to publicly humiliate me because of my size. In front of the whole open plan office.... I hadn't experienced that until I'd been ill for a long time & had put on a lot of weight but when I was underweight no-one said anything (well, other than my dad who was worried & did the are you eating enough, have you got an eating disorder thing).
    I've also had complete stranger comment on my size & ask my why I was so fat.... and to be honest, I didn't think that I was that big (as I generally looked like Keeley here).....

I think that people in general can be very cruel.
    Rude and cruel.

I can’t believe the nerve of some people. At my SIL’s wedding reception one of the guests came up to her and said “Wow, you’ve put on a hell of a lot of weight.’

We gossip here but in real life why would anyone feel the need to inform a person of their weight gain? Do they really think the person has no clue that they put on a few pounds?

Pierce Brosnan shows off his Bond girl wife
    By SARA NELSON
    19th January 2008

On a winter holiday in Hawaii in the company of a curvaceous beauty is as fitting a location for any Bond - past or present.

Which is exactly where Pierce Brosnan, star of Die Another Day and Goldeneye is enjoying his winter break.

Joined by his wife, former journalist Keely Shaye-Smith, the pair splashed around happily in the ocean close to their holiday home on the island of Kauai.

Pierce and Keely let it all hang out as they frolic in the Hawaiian surf during their long holiday break
    Full-figured Keely exuded confidence as she joined her husband in the surf.

The 43-year-old has turned her back on the Hollywood size zero trend and is a pin-up for shapely women, even writing fashion tips for American Vogue.

And the mother-of-two has the unconditional backing of her famous husband, who looks as if he may have put on a few pounds himself lately.

Lazy days: The couple who are both avid environmental campaigners, own a holiday home in Hawaii

Pierce, 54, recently declared his wife "stunning", adding: "I love my wife's curves!" in an American magazine.

And judging by the couple's casual confidence on the beach they show no signs of feeling the strain to conform to Hollywood's ruthless body standards.

Indeed, Keely told Vogue: "I never shy away from colour or my curves.

"I like to play up my neckline and shoulders. If a jacket is pulling in the bust, I might just move the button an inch. But I never hide in baggy clothing."

The pair married in 2001 and are parents to sons Dylan 11, and Paris, aged seven.

The former 007 will next appear in the film version of Mamma Mia, which also stars Meryl Streep and Julie Walters.

Pierce and Keely in 1997 - four years before they tied the knot and 10 years after Brosnan's first wife Cassandra Harris died of cancer
    Source: Pierce Brosnan shows off his Bond girl wife | the Daily Mail
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Bronze Member

Here are the pics i think you are talking about. I have no clue what the nudity policy is, but oh well.

She looks beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear905 View Post
    Bravo!

I hate to say it, but I've been listening to a "fat people hater" all my life, and it's my mother. She talks about everyone "heavy" that comes into her eyesight. It's not a concern about their health with her, she's a self centered bitch, it's just something easy and negative to point out in someone else without needing to really think, she's not the brightest crayon in the box. She also has low self esteem (face lift Queen). She has tried all of my life to make me feel inferior, when deep down, she's always been jealous that I'm a very confident, genuinely happy person. She doesn't say much to me about it right now, because I've "lost some weight" (still what society would deem a "big girl" though), but points it out daily in other people.

Sad woman.
    Coming from someone who is not skinny: I think people like this are just scared. They're scared that they might not be skinny someday, and most of them have built their lives around their looks. I don't care how cute someone's ass is, if they're insecure then it makes them ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

I always love your posts about stuff like this!

I'm trying to catch some of your confidence.
    Thank you, but confidence of your own comes from within easily, especially if you don't listen to all the fat hating folks on this damn site. It's funny how all of these "fat concerned" folks make all of their concerns about weight known via the internet, try saying that shit to a fat girls face and see where it gets you. And not to one of those girls who have self-esteem issues, either.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

The pearls in those pics are an interesting touch.....

I think she'd look sexy in these, but they'd flatter her figure:

Marilyn Halter:

http://www.esther-williams.com/mm5/g...ress_white.jpg

Classic Sheath:

http://www.esther-williams.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/classic-sheath-white-med.jpg

Silver Member

I just don't get why people feel the need to defend being overweight. Is this an opposite pro-ana thread? Why is it ok to pick on "skinny" celebrities/people and saying how crappy they look and how bad the size zero trend is, but nobody wants to admit that being overweight isn't a good thing either. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ducki View Post
    I just don't get why people feel the need to defend being overweight. Is this an opposite pro-ana thread? Why is it ok to pick on "skinny" celebrities and saying how crappy they look and how bad the size zero trend is, but nobody wants to admit that being overweight isn't a good thing either. It's ridiculous.
    I am not defending being overweight, I LOVE the me I am and that's it..no need to defend it!! What's ridiculous to me is someone trying to tell me how I feel about my damn self. DO YOU, Stop worrying about how I feel about ME DOING ME..it's not for you to get!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I am not defending being overweight, I LOVE the me I am and that's it..no need to defend it!! What's ridiculous to me is someone trying to tell me how I feel about my damn self. DO YOU, Stop worrying about how I feel about ME DOING ME..it's not for you to get!!

The same respond could have come from an anorexic. Why so angry?

Of course it's up to you how you wanna live but this doesn't mean that it's not allowed to talk about the topic. Why are people so sensitive when it comes to this subject? Most smokers would say, "yeah, I know it's unhealthy but I do it anyway" and that's it instead of getting angry at everybody who dares to say that this is not a good lifestyle.
    And I never said that overweight people should hate themselves. But I don't think that anybody "chose" to be fat, like he woke up one day and said: "Hmm, I'm really unhappy with my slim figure, I really wanna gain about 100 pounds. Waiter, bring me the whole menu. Deep fried, please!" I think most fat people gained weight without wanting it and then they just accepted it because it is like it is anyway and not because it was their wish to have this weight.

Quote Originally Posted by ducki View Post
    The same respond could have come from an anorexic. Why so angry?

Of course it's up to you how you wanna live but this doesn't mean that it's not allowed to talk about the topic. Why are people so sensitive when it comes to this subject? Most smokers would say, "yeah, I know it's unhealthy but I do it anyway" and that's it instead of getting angry at everybody who dares to say that this is not a good lifestyle.
    And I never said that overweight people should hate themselves. But I don't think that anybody "chose" to be fat, like he woke up one day and said: "Hmm, I'm really unhappy with my slim figure, I really wanna gain about 100 pounds. Waiter, bring me the whole menu. Deep fried, please!" I think most fat people gained weight without wanting it and then they just accepted it because it is like it is anyway and not because it was their wish to have this weight.
    It's not anger, it's just that I am speaking out against condescending bs and folks like you aren't use to it.. You are probably use to mousy fat chicks who would rather click on the next thread then let people know that it's none of their freaking concern. Well, I'm not the one. Like I said, I am not defending myself there's no need...opinions are like... I'm not going to let folks make generalizations about things they know nothing about!! If you felt anger, hey that says a lot about you!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    The pearls in those pics are an interesting touch.....
    I hadn't even noticed. lol
    For some reason I think she looks a lot better in this suit.

A*O

As a former fattie (200lbs+) I was most certainly in a state of denial at the time and trotted out the usual "I love my curves" as a defence mechanism and in a desperate attempt to retain whatever shred of self-esteem I had. I was the original Happy Fatty and would put on a fantastic but brittle act of defiance and angry defensiveness if anyone dared to question why I had allowed myself (and I HAD allowed myself) to get to that size. People didn't see the tears of frustration and deep unhappiness I shed behind closed doors. But the mirror doesn't lie - and nor did my health reports which showed that I was heading for some serious problems. So I took control and through a long, tedious process of healthier eating habits and plenty of exercise I got back to my 'former' self and that's NOT a skinny ana - I'm a standard UK size 12 (US10?) which some people still consider to be gross but it's OK with me. The health issues resolved themselves too and that wasn't through taking fistfulls of medication - it was losing the weight. Fact.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

AO- Anyone who thinks UK 12 is big needs their head fixed! It's a great size. Hollywood is screwed up though and every woman seems to be size 0-4 (US)

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenseventeen View Post
    I hope that the people saying she's too unhealthy now/too fat ALL workout for at least 30mins rigorously at least 5 times a week, and eat veg and fruit on a regular basis...if that doesn't apply to you, which it probably doesn't, you're just as unhealthy, probably more so since she seems to be active, so you can't talk.

If you hate the way YOU look, fair enough, but don't try and make others hate themselves. If laughing at overweight people brings you joy, go ahead, because it shows how sad you really are.

I. Pity. you.
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    How do you know how much she eats? Or whether or not she sits on her ass?

I'd rather look at this broad in a bikini than an anorexic, frankly.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Thank you, but confidence of your own comes from within easily, especially if you don't listen to all the fat hating folks on this damn site. It's funny how all of these "fat concerned" folks make all of their concerns about weight known via the internet, try saying that shit to a fat girls face and see where it gets you. And not to one of those girls who have self-esteem issues, either.
    I have seen some disgusting comments about this woman on other sites, they would not dare insult her to her face. It's so easy online to say rude things.

I think she looks better in that white top compared to the bikini....from the side she doesn't look as chubby.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    To previous arguments. BMI's are a decent guide, but in alot of cases tend to be complete bullshit. I know a girl who has 10% body fat, toned within an inch of her life and her BMI makes her obese.
    Strangely enough there was a TV program on last night that proved just this. They did in-depth health studies of people & (for example) the weights went normal - obese - morbidly obese; they did fat % tests on them & it went 30% - 15% - 50%; the fitness tests went unfit - fit - average.

The obese guy was a rugby playing vegetarian....

BTW - no-one ever mentions just how hard it is to loose weight from this (200+lbs) place. It takes a lot of time, motivation and intent to do so.
    A*O I salute you! Well done.
    I'm trying & have dropped a couple of sizes but its all about changing culture, not just eating habits to loose the weight a couple of pounds at a time to do so safely.
    I had other health worries at the time & now that I don't I'm trying really hard to loose the weight, exercise and get back to "me", so I was more worried about those at the time. I used to be a UK14; I'm currently a UK16/18 - I used to feel I looked like Kirsty Alley and boy that one really made me motivated!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Ducki and AO, I agree with most of what both of you have said.

Thread Information