Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 540

Thread: Keely Shaye Smith bikini photos

  1. #136
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,570

    Default

    Yes there were. People have been calling her fat, obese, and every other negative comment you can think of for a woman who is 'not skinny' ever since she was this size.

    Quote Originally Posted by ducki View Post
    Ui, you are right. I found her height on the internet. She's 5' 8" (1.74 m). And I guess she is easily about 220 pounds, which makes an BMI of 33. So She's still obese.
    And I still maintain that BMI of 33 doesn't automatically make someone obese. I know women with BMI's 5 points less than me who have more bodyfat.
    Last edited by Tati; January 21st, 2008 at 08:57 AM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  2. #137
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    46,941

    Default

    You know if we were all from somewhere like East Timor (n.b. is it East Timor? I can't remember) we'd be saying how beautiful she was.......

  3. #138
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    And I still maintain that BMI of 33 doesn't automatically make someone obese. I know women with BMI's 5 points less than me who have more bodyfat.
    Why should she have so much muscle mass? If she was working out to build muscle tone she probably would burn some kcal while doing this and lose some weight. Of course fat people need stronger muscles to carry their fat. If I walked around everyday with a 40kg backpack on I'd gain some muscle as well, but this doesn't change the fact that her body probably consists of 40kg - 50kg of pure juicy fat.

  4. #139
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,570

    Default

    I don't know anything about her workout habits. I just know that to look as good as she does at that size in a bikini, there is some muscle tone (and good placement of it) there. Some people just genetically have more regardless of their workout habits or how much they develop by default when they carry excess bodyweight.

    I've seen people with muscle tone vs people without gain weight (in the form of increased bodyfat) and guess who always looks better for their size? (But weighs more).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  5. #140
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I don't know anything about her workout habits. I just know that to look as good as she does at that size in a bikini, there is some muscle tone (and good placement of it) there. Some people just genetically have more regardless of their workout habits or how much they develop by default when they carry excess bodyweight.

    I've seen people with muscle tone vs people without gain weight (in the form of increased bodyfat) and guess who always looks better for their size? (But weighs more).
    I do believe that there are fat people with more muscle tone and some people with less muscle tone. But I don't think it has much impact on if she's obese or not at this size.

  6. #141
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    46,941

    Default

    it does because muscle weights more than fat & BMI is height & weight related, not a calipered assessment.

  7. #142
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,570

    Default

    It actually does.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  8. #143
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Is muscle heavier than fat? It's a weighty question | The San Diego Union-Tribune


    QUESTION: At our health club, there was a question about which weighs more, muscles or fat. The club expert posted a reply saying that muscle weighs more, and he went on to say that this is the reason why we gain weight when we exercise. I found it all quite confusing and wanted your input on this question.

    S.I., Berkeley

    Providing a quick answer to the "Which weighs more?" question can be misleading, as it all depends on what the question is really about.

    There may, indeed be a short-term weight gain when an exercise program is begun. Of course, a pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as a pound of fat. Fat, however, is slightly less dense than muscle, meaning that a set volume of muscle will weigh slightly more than the same volume of fat.

    The core of the confusion about this relates to the difference between weight and caloric density, which is the number of calories per unit of weight. The calorie is a unit of energy in the body. A gram of fat has more than twice the calories of a gram of protein or a gram of carbohydrate.

    For an analogy, consider the dollar as a unit of spending energy. A $10 bill weighs exactly the same as a $5 bill. But there is a difference in their spending density, the monetary value per unit of weight. Using our definition, a $10 bill would have twice the spending density of a $5 bill.

    Humans are water-based organisms, and most of what goes on metabolically involves transport through a water-based medium. Fat, which is the most concentrated form of energy in the human body, is the way the body stores its energy. Adipose tissue, which is where our fat is stored, is not very active metabolically, and it contains very little water.

    By contrast, the protein that makes up our metabolically active muscles and organs is mostly water.

    The body does not like to waste energy, so it only keeps the amount of muscle needed to maintain the status quo. Extra muscle means more energy being burned, even while at rest. Think about an 8-cylinder engine versus a 4-cylinder engine burning gas while at idle.

    If we become less active, the body slowly reduces its muscular mass down to that needed to keep the show going. When we pick up the pace, the body responds by building more muscle.

    During exercise, our energy demands are primarily fueled by body fat. Exercise is a stress on a body that is not used to a workout. The stress extends to the muscles as well as the heart and circulatory system. If the energy demand becomes routine, the body reduces the stress by building new muscles to handle the load and by increasing blood volume to carry the nutrients and waste products, and lung capacity to deliver oxygen (and remove carbon dioxide) as needed.

    Let's assume you are eating a fixed number of calories and begin your exercise program. As you make new muscles and other supporting tissues, you call on your energy-dense tissue (adipose) to create new muscle and other tissues that are primarily water.

    The numbers on the scale will go up slightly, but it is important to realize that it is mostly water weight you are gaining. You are not getting fatter, but home scales do not provide that breakdown.

    If you were to stop exercising, you might actually lose weight. But, again, it is water you are losing, and you might be getting fatter at the same time. Focusing solely on the numbers on the scale can be discouraging because it does not give you the complete picture, even when good things are going on inside.

    Becoming more fit is a good thing. It enhances your body's ability to handle stress, and you create metabolically active tissue that will burn calories even when you are sitting around reading a book. Making it a habit is an important part of the picture; otherwise, you will lose that stress-coping, calorie-burning advantage.

    Ed Blonz, Ph.D., is a nutritional scientist based in Northern California. Questions about nutrition can be mailed to: Ed Blonz, Focus on Nutrition, P.O. Box 120191, San Diego, CA 92112-0191, or sent via e-mail to UTFood@blonz.com.




    So let's not talk about her weight but her volume. This woman has the volume of an obese person. If she has a lot of muscle she probably doesn't weigh just 220punds but 250punds or more.

  9. #144
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    This is the size I thought she looked best.

    Still "fat" by Hollywood standards I suppose, but simply gorgeous if ya ask me.

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    However, being obese does have health as well as aesthetic implications whether we like it or not and any woman who weighs over 200lbs no matter what her stature, bone structure, height, heritage, blah blah is going to face some serious repercussions sooner or later.
    I guess this is true sometimes, but my great-grandmother was always on the heavy side. She was short and weighed over 200 lbs. when she passed on of natural causes at the ripe old age of 89. She was overweight, but healthy. Maybe because she was always active and grew up working on a farm.

    Overweight women can be healthy.

  10. #145
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,570

    Default

    I never said she couldn't stand to lose some weight (fat).

    Just arguing that she's probably not as obese/fat as people think. Or she'd look way worse in that bathing suit.

    Since I have no idea the reason she's this size at this point in her life, or what she's doing about it I'm not going to assume she's just some person with no self-control or that she's not working out. She's obviously got the energy to be out and about on the beach. And enough "fuck-what-people-think" to do it in a bikini and look halfway decent, which is deserving of props.

    Thanks for the article and all, ducki, but it's not rocket science. Muscle weighs more than fat. Period. I could see that for myself after a few years of lifting weights and weighing more (i.e. increasing my BMI <gasp!>) yet having a lower percentage of bodyfat and wearing a smaller size jeans.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  11. #146
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    HAha! so it was Your mom that shouted at me in the street..... (actually, people do feel free to say something to fat people, and in my experience when I've been radically underweight, haven't told me to go put a couple of pounds on.)
    This is a good point. Coming from a family of overweight people (bother my sisters and my brother and my mother -my father and I being the only slim ones) I did notice alot of people openly making fun of my siblings and mom. When I was a child, my mom took me to the doctor because I was too thin (apparently 20lbs from what I can remember) and never once did anyone make a comment about me being stick thin.

    Some one overweight - even slightly - is more apt to be made fun of. This is not to say the underweight don't ever get made fun of, but they don't face near the ridicule - they have it ALOT easier.

  12. #147
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gloatopia
    Posts
    2,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Some one overweight - even slightly - is more apt to be made fun of. This is not to say the underweight don't ever get made fun of, but they don't face near the ridicule - they have it ALOT easier.
    I find that a curious observation. I find the opposite to be true. When you're underweight, people find it acceptable to say things about weight that, if said to an overweight person, would be considered rude. I.e., "Are you sick?....You need a sandwich...Wow, your clothes are hanging off your body, do you have an eating disorder?" I can't imagine somebody being tactless enough (though I'm sure it's happened) to walk up to a fat person and say "You need to eat less...wow, your clothes are bursting at the seams...Do you have Compulsive Overeating Disorder?" The weight of fat people is regarded more as the pink elephant in the room, whereas when you're underweight, you're fair game for everybody to chime in with their two cents. It's an interesting double standard.

  13. #148
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    46,941

    Default

    No, no-one has ever accused me of having a (compulsive) eating disorder, however, they have gone out of their way to publicly humiliate me because of my size. In front of the whole open plan office.... I hadn't experienced that until I'd been ill for a long time & had put on a lot of weight but when I was underweight no-one said anything (well, other than my dad who was worried & did the are you eating enough, have you got an eating disorder thing).
    I've also had complete stranger comment on my size & ask my why I was so fat.... and to be honest, I didn't think that I was that big (as I generally looked like Keeley here).....

    I think that people in general can be very cruel.

  14. #149
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducki View Post
    I bet her BMI is over 24 so she is obese. And yes, I don't give a crap about her health because I don't know her but SHE should be worried about HER OWN health. That's all I'm saying. And it's not true that I don't like fat people because I just don't care about how other people look, but I would be suicidal if I was that fat.
    Besides she has lost her looks due to her weight gain. It's hard to even recognize her because her face is so bloated. And she has the opposite of a lollipop head now. Her head looks lost and tiny on that huge body.
    Ducki,let's not beat around the bush...you're think she's fat and not attractive, period.

  15. #150
    Gold Member PlayfulKisses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDecember View Post
    I find that a curious observation. I find the opposite to be true. When you're underweight, people find it acceptable to say things about weight that, if said to an overweight person, would be considered rude. I.e., "Are you sick?....You need a sandwich...Wow, your clothes are hanging off your body, do you have an eating disorder?" ...whereas when you're underweight, you're fair game for everybody to chime in with their two cents. It's an interesting double standard.
    As crazy as it is, I think many people look at the above comments as some sort of weird compliment since it's fashionable to be thin as possible...and at the same time succeed in sabotaging whatever attempts at losing they may be making by urging them to eat.
    Playful~

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pamela Anderson shocked by her bikini photos
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 18th, 2007, 05:34 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 9th, 2007, 07:40 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: December 21st, 2006, 12:00 AM
  4. Keely Shaye Smith - What's my size?
    By SmellsLikeRoses in forum Weight
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: August 10th, 2006, 11:49 AM
  5. Keely Shaye Smith - Pierce Brosnan's wife
    By teeyiu in forum Weight
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: June 17th, 2006, 07:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •