Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kate Bosworth skin and bones

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    Who says they're not? She's a grown-up, it's not like they can have her to sit down and eat dinner..
    As an ADULT, Kate chooses to be the cocaine addict, the skeleton, etc. And you're right, she's far too old to be FORCED to eat. She's a very pretty girl and Its sad that she's ruining herself.

I believe she really began looking like a skeleton when Orlando was flirting it up with Kirsten Fugnst on a movie set.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by teeyiu View Post
    nah, I don't think it's fair to point the finger at them, most of them are under tremendous pressure to conform to the skinny ideal, otherwise they'll literally lose their job, or movie roles or whatever to skinnier, prettier female celebs. So who's to blame? the media? society? when did this so-called 'ideal' started? who knows? fat or thin, we'll be forever weight-obsessed that's for certain
    I disagree. No one finds this anorexic look attractive. Look at Scarlett Johanssen. She's normal and has roles-so is Jlo, catherine zeta jones...etc. This has more to do with clothes/mags. For instance, a celeb has a premiere and wont fit into a sample size. Or, can't fit into clothes to be on the cover of vogue. Skinny is ok. Scary skinny is not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntiParis View Post

I believe she really began looking like a skeleton when Orlando was flirting it up with Kirsten Fugnst on a movie set.
    there was a blind item about Orlando. He's gay, btw

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    Who says they're not? She's a grown-up, it's not like they can have her to sit down and eat dinner. She's screwed up and thinking she looks OK when as you said, it's pretty obvious she's not.
    How do you help a person with an eating disorder? I remember a girl at college who was classic ana... vanished into a stick, always making a big show of getting lots of food from the college diner (but it was like, 3 chips and 2 bits of lettuce in a bowl...) so that people would think she was eating. My best mate was a residential assistant at the time, and we'd always say "You guys have to do something for (x)"

They couldn't. They'd tried talking to her, they'd let her know that if she ever wanted some help they would do what they could and help her get in touch with the right doctors etc. Had the "keep an eye on her and help her please" chat to her boyfriend (who was an arsehole who said "But I think she looks good")

At the end of teh day, no staff member at college could force her to eat or force her to go to the doctor. Didn't stop every single staff member and student from being worried about her though.

This photo is shoking... She looks like ET...

Silver Member

fuck you kate! at least dont bend over and show us youyr rib cage! you scare the hell out of me!

I'm in two worlds about this; the girl is sick obviously. But I can understand the pressure she'd be under in her line of work. And teenage girls should have more sense than to look up to her. Thats the problem, we mix celebrity with real life, when really, we should be looking at as a fantasy world. Because in the real world, people like Nicole Richie and kate would be lying in a hospital bed on a drip.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    I know but they are rolemodels to young girls. There are quite a few women who are bony that are popular..and successful.. oprah, whoppie goldberg..etc.. I am not sure what to say.. Sure the media has brought it up 50 notches..but there is no excuse for comforming to something like that..unless..you truly have a disorder..than that I can understand..I really do think she does..and Iunno with nicole..it seems like its more of an attention thing..I don't know..but kate is still unheard off..just seems odd that she keeps losing weight..and she keeps getting more attention. I hope kate does get well, and that the industry changes..but it will not unless her and others stand up for it, not just them but the public needs to say something.

I understand what you are saying. And I do not understand why no one is really speaking against this..that is famous..I don't get it.
    When they're fat as hell,,does that make them a good rolemodel
    for the young girls?? No i don't think so.
    All the kids all over the world are getting to fat these days,,i never hear you talking about that here.
    Being too skinny is better then overweight to me.
    But they must loose weight on a proffessional way.

Quote Originally Posted by teeyiu View Post
    That's just really horrible. She was so pretty before and she looks terrible now. I wish these celebrities didn't have to buckle under the pressure to be so thin. But even if she was overweight or gained 15 lbs these idiots in hollywood would harp on her for being thick. It's pretty much a no win situation in that world. And that is sad.

Thats the saddest thing, her face is so beautiful, and she always seems like a nice girl [not that I'd know] but its just tragic that she's doing this to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    I disagree. No one finds this anorexic look attractive. Look at Scarlett Johanssen. She's normal and has roles-so is Jlo, catherine zeta jones...etc. This has more to do with clothes/mags. For instance, a celeb has a premiere and wont fit into a sample size. Or, can't fit into clothes to be on the cover of vogue. Skinny is ok. Scary skinny is not.

there was a blind item about Orlando. He's gay, btw
    Ya, Ted's oh so reliable when it comes to who Orlando screws.

Ted has said a countless number of contradictory things about OB. He said him and Kirsten were screwing around on set, him and Keira were screwing around on set, in the beginning he even though Kate and OB were a "real" couple, then he turns around and says the guys gay and teases him. Ted's fun to read and I like him but what he says isn't 100%—he's a gossip columnist, even he admits that. I'm not saying the guys not gay cause I certainly don't know him and he could be gay as gay can be, but I don't believe that BI for one second.

I'm not going to pretend I know the inner workings of their relationship, because the cause of this could be a countless number of things, but I would not blame OB for her weight loss—whether he was cheating on her or not with a male or a female. She's definitely got something going on in her head and I think it has to do with her wanting to stay in the lime-light, because without Orlando she's basically nothing. This weight loss gives her a reason to stick around in the papers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information