Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Karolina Kurkova "shocks" audience during San Paolo fashion week

^^^Celeb 2006..that's the BEST avatar that I have ever seen!!! one of the best films of all time!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Well Lenny does have a point, regardless of how we feel she looks, she is paid beacoup bucks to look a certain way, right or wrong. I mean, a woman looking like rosie odonnell is never going to win miss universe. No one is perfect but again super models and the like are paid big bucks to look a certain way.

Sad thing is, this poor lady will now read all the criticism and start going on crash diet or nose candy to lose the poundage and next time you see her, voila, stick figure thin.
    Since you are saying that she is paid to be perfect, and she is now failing this because she is "fat for a model", do you mean that a perfect woman has the body of nowadays models?

Moreover, I wouldn't say she is paid to be perfect, I would say she is paid to wear and showcase new clothes.
    (And, again, clothes should be made to look good on real persons).

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    Since you are saying that she is paid to be perfect, and she is now failing this because she is "fat for a model", do you mean that a perfect woman has the body of nowadays models?

Moreover, I wouldn't say she is paid to be perfect, I would say she is paid to wear and showcase new clothes.
    (And, again, clothes should be made to look good on real persons).
    You may think that clothes "should be made to look good on real persons" but what's a real person? Those models are real people....they may not be the average American woman but then again the average American woman is overweight! Bottom line is that she is too out of shape to be a runway model. She needs to dropa few pounds
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^But I disagree that most runway models are 'in shape' to begin with. Most of them lack any muscle tone and probably couldn't lift a 10 lb weight in one hand. 'Shape' to me implies a degree of physical fitness. i also don't agree that the runway model's physique is what perfect looks like. I'd say models are paid big bucks to look a 'certain way' for sure and that certain way is to be rail thin, hanger-like (which she is not) but that doesn't really imply 'pretty' or 'sexy'. Fashion is really not about pretty anyway, Playboy is. fashion is about extremes and shock value in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    ^^^But I disagree that most runway models are 'in shape' to begin with. Most of them lack any muscle tone and probably couldn't lift a 10 lb weight in one hand. 'Shape' to me implies a degree of physical fitness. i also don't agree that the runway model's physique is what perfect looks like. I'd say models are paid big bucks to look a 'certain way' for sure and that certain way is to be rail thin, hanger-like (which she is not) but that doesn't really imply 'pretty' or 'sexy'. Fashion is really not about pretty anyway, Playboy is. fashion is about extremes and shock value in a lot of ways.
    I agree that Runway models are not usually about traditional "pretty". It's more about their figures. And for your comment about them being more thin and than in shape....I agree. The only reason that I said she is too out of shape to do runway is because she has back rolls and visible cellulite. Also I never said that models are perfection....

Sorry, but it's disturbing to me to see a girl that slender in volume yet fat, she's thin but has fat rolls and a lumpy ass. She's skinny fat and it looks to me like she starves herself to stay thin and when she binges she gains mushy dimply fat.

You'd expect a woman that's 30+ pounds overweight to have back rolls not a tiny thing like this model.

It's an easy fix a few months of clean eating and exercise and she'd look fantastic because despite the rolls and lumpy butt she has a great figure - it's just out of shape at the moment.

The producer of the show should have never let her out in that outfit.

And fashion has never been designed for the average woman.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

She looks amazing , i am liking her new body....
    She isn't a stick thin teen anymore and her body is naturally becoming more meaty as she ages. Good for her for not starving herself into a skeleton.....although i fear the worst after something like this gets publicity.
    DON't CHANGE KAROLINA......you ARE A GODDESS!
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Well now I feel bad. That kinda looks like me in a suit Well, except thar I usually wear a more flattering suit.

Sigh, I guess she's paid to be flawless and I am not, but still...

Oh geez girl; if you look like that in a bikini, then you are hot! Skinny skeletons are so boring.
    Coffee is my happy drug

Silver Member

Well, she’s not fat and doesn’t look bad but I understand the fuss. VS signed a deal with her and paid her millions to look like this.

If they wanted other look, they would pay huge money to someone else. I understand people’s claims swimwear is made for people not vice versa but there’s a huge double standard in woman’s behavior. If flabby looking, hairy man with droopy boobs and pot belly appeared in Calvin Klein or Hugo Boss ads, they would say “gross” just like they said it on every male celeb on this board that didn’t looked perfect as model. People here even called Brad Pitt fat. If there’s a female equivalent suddenly it’s called “healthy” and “human” since majority of the members are females that have same or even worse problems.

She's thin, yes but she certainly appears to have problem areas and a bit of a wobbly butt and back. If she were any joe schmoe off the street, I'd be inclined to say she looks good. For a Victoria Secret model who probably earns millions just to stand/walk there and look good? She's fallen short.

She looks like a lot of skinny chicks who have compromised their health and fitness to remain the same size do eventually. Thus, skinnyfatness.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^Is that Mischa Barton's problem? I still can't can't can't believe those photos of her lower half.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Quote Originally Posted by lienka View Post
    Well, she’s not fat and doesn’t look bad but I understand the fuss. VS signed a deal with her and paid her millions to look like this.

If they wanted other look, they would pay huge money to someone else. I understand people’s claims swimwear is made for people not vice versa but there’s a huge double standard in woman’s behavior. If flabby looking, hairy man with droopy boobs and pot belly appeared in Calvin Klein or Hugo Boss ads, they would say “gross” just like they said it on every male celeb on this board that didn’t looked perfect as model. People here even called Brad Pitt fat. If there’s a female equivalent suddenly it’s called “healthy” and “human” since majority of the members are females that have same or even worse problems.

*bolding mine*

Interesting..So what do the female majority board members think about this. And I kinda agree with this poster-(kind of) *runs*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Well I am consistent. I'm not going to mince words or alter my opinions simply because it is a woman. As others have stated, she is paid insane amounts of money to look good in a swimsuit, not sport flabby ass and cellulite like my ass. Being a super model has absolutely nothing to do with what a swimsuit looks like on an 'average person.' Super models are not average, that's why they are paid insane amounts of money to look good.

And if it were a guy model strutting around with a gut and man boobs, you can bet your last dime I would call him on it, I would not show any mercy at all.

These people are paid to be 'special' and if they don't like being criticized for not holding their end of the deal, they can work a regular 9 to 5 like the rest of us schmucks!

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I see way hotter girls at my gym and I bet they don't get as much money as she does to parade herself around. I dont' think she needs to lose weight, just get more toned. The cellulite could be due to it being that time of the month, though. Still, she just needs some exercise, no huge shock here.
    Bingo!!
    She doesn't look too 'big' in my opinion, but she sure needs to tone up. I have to say, I would much rather see bikinis worn on toned womanly figures strutting a sexy walk down the catwalk... much more so over those thin awkward models... however I do think the quirky skinny models have their place elsewhere in high fashion couture. The same goes for other "types" (plus size, commercial, etc.) they all have their place in the fashion world. Back to Karolina: I don't think her ass looks THAT ridiculous when shes not in motion, I just think it's flabby at the moment and flaps around when she walks (which makes for the awful photographs your seeing). Standing still I'm sure it looks just fine.

However that last picture posted... DAMN! Her body was incredible! She looks thin but healthy with nice curves. GORGEOUS.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information