Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jordin Sparks called obese by anti-obesity activist!

^ Skinny bitch has two parts. Being skinny is not a bad thing. Being a bitch is not a bad thing. Being a "skinny bitch" and insulting others who are not size 0 is what gets you the label.

And, I am sure she would call me an Amazon, when in reality, I am not overweight.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    ^^^ WOOT!! I knew I loved you for some reason, RevellingInSane!

You are totally right. I'm always putting myself down, wanting to shed some pounds. Can't stand the love handles-- then my man comes along and says that's one of his favorite parts and "pleeeease don't lose too much of that!!"

Yeah, LaKisha's a big girl, but still very pretty IMO.
    The idea that being the size of Nicole or Parisite has deluded women's self image. Some are naturally very thin. When people resort to drugs, bulimia, anorexia, and such in order to be sexy, there is a serious problem. A size 8 or 10 is not big at all. Marilyn today would be about a 10-12 US. I am smaller than her, but am fat by today's standards.

Love your love handles. Just aim to be healthy. Listen to your body. When I put on weight, my body sends messages."hey, remember me, I am not feeling this!" Men don't see us the way we see us.

Quote Originally Posted by rover23 View Post
    Jordan seems to be overweight in my opinion not obese as Meme claims. It seems most individuals' are more so incline to defend an overweight/obese individual than an underweight one. I find this somewhat hypocritical. Both in my opinion poses health concerns.
    As for celebrities, I am more inclined to defend the heavier gals b/c I feel they get a bum rap. Hollywood is so closed minded when it comes to beauty. I agree that either extreme is unhealthy, but no way do the skinny girls get picked on as bad as the chubby ones.

I can think of several underweight celebrities who I think are beautiful. Like Angelina-- waaay too thin, but still gorgeous IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Love your love handles. Just aim to be healthy. Listen to your body. When I put on weight, my body sends messages."hey, remember me, I am not feeling this!" Men don't see us the way we see us.
    So true. It's women who rip each other to shreds over weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    oi lay off the "skinny bitch" bashing... Meme is a dickhead for her comments but it's not really fair to lay into every skinny girl for one persons comments.
    underneath my fat i am a skinny bitch
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Well, this absolutely boggled my anorexic brain.
    Apparently, our dear friend from the Fat Intolerance Corps. has been living under a god forsaken rock ... or at least in the jungles far, far away from all popular media.
    Damn near EVERYONE in Hollywood looks as thought they could benefit from a cheeseburger, or a heaping ladle of Mayonnaise.
    Everytime I turn on the TV I am BOMBARDED with images of skeletal starlets. (Which definitely drains me of all desire to eat)
    It's about time we televise someone who actually EATS to recalibrate our perception. MERCY.

OMG thats so mean!! How could someone say that???? That lady disgusts me! Jordin won because of her talent, and she seems like such a sweet girl who has millions of little girls looking up to her. Jordin is a MUCH better role model than Nicole Richie or Lindsay Lohan.

Give me a break. If anything we need more people like Jordin setting good examples for kids in this country. Its not like her fans are going to say "I want to gain a few pounds to look like her"- on the other hand if she was very underweight, little girls WOULD try and copy that. Thats the difference. I'd rather my daughter (I don't have one but hypothetically) look up to someone like her than Nicole Richie, thats for damn sure.

WOW. Just...wow. I'm stunned. I don't watch American Idol, so when this discussion started I was expecting this girl to be a whale and she's not. This lady needs to get the stick out of her arse.

Bitch, please.

When did I miss this one? Meme is crazy.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

Maybe we should cast aside all morals and human decency for the sake of realism. Jordin weighs more than 100 pounds.
    Therefore, In society's callous, reasonless, eyes Jordin is in fact fact.
    Jordin, you're gorgeous, you're talented, but to really make it in this industry, you need the body of a 10 year old.

She's not even fat! What everybody wants from her?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information