Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Hayes from The Biggest Loser

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    They're basically starved before weigh ins.... a lot of contestants gain weight back. Granted, they aren't anywhere near pre-show levels.. but still, I remember reading that one guy survived on water and carrots before weigh ins. It's ridiculous and really unhealthy habits to promote.
    Not surprising. That's why I'm torn. Not only is that unhealthy, but people are sort of being bullshitted that this isn't something being done. Hell if I had to weigh in every week I can't say I wouldn't be tempted to try every trick I could think of the day or so before to come in showing as much of a loss on that scale as I could manage.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^ My mom used to do that at Weight Watchers. When she first started she would just walk in and weigh. By the time she started losing weight, and was feeling good about herself, she started taking off her rings, earrings, watch, shoes, etc. before weighing. It was funny to watch.

Does anyone have a before and after picture of that lady. I can't get my computer to work right today.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^^ Anyone else notice the huge sandals? Maybe meant to give the impression of a smaller frame... just sayin.

Holy hell, that's a major difference.
    Thanks for posting.
    Yes I noticed that too, Penny.

OT, but don't you love how when women lose weight they always seem to get tanned too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    OT, but don't you love how when women lose weight they always seem to get tanned too?
    Yep. More emphasis.

She looks great...except for the overtanned look.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Elite Member

I was shocked that Helen dropped to 117 as well. I think she looks too thin and i'm sure she will go back up to the 140's where she looked good.

I remember reading that one guy survived on water and carrots before weigh ins.

Well he's dumb because anyone that is watching their weight knows carrots are full of sugar and is one veggie that you should limit while dropping weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I remember reading that one guy survived on water and carrots before weigh ins. It's ridiculous and really unhealthy habits to promote.
    I believe it. These people get conditioned to think they should be dropping 7 - 10 pounds each week minimum, and that a healthy 2 pound weight loss is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ My mom used to do that at Weight Watchers. When she first started she would just walk in and weigh. By the time she started losing weight, and was feeling good about herself, she started taking off her rings, earrings, watch, shoes, etc. before weighing. It was funny to watch.

Does anyone have a before and after picture of that lady. I can't get my computer to work right today.
    I attended WW meetings for a time, and it was like a strip show in there before meeting. It got to the point they were passing out baskets at the door and everything sans Spanx and tank top were going in there.

I really like TBL. It's motivating, if you keep things in perspective. When I went into the military there was a lot of weight loss going on that was similar...loads of physical activity + restricted meal times = massive weight loss. However, once people were out of Basic Training it piled back on. Though some became gum rats and kept a healthy lifestyle, most people went back to old habits.
    By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity -- another man's I mean. -Mark Twain

Elite Member

A lot of the past contestants seemed ot have kept it off. I was disappointed in David and Daniel a bit they didn't really try on the ranch but did better at home. Jerry wow'd me to the core! Helen is TINY now! And Mike woooooeyyy hottie alert.

Many of them from the later seasons maintain the weight loss, or close to all of it. Some said they battled to get as low as possible to try and win the show, and then put on a few more pounds so they were at a more normal/maintainable weight for themselves. I seem to remember about a lot of people from earlier seasons gaining it back, particularly the season 1 winner who now weighs within like 20 lbs of his starting weight. I saw a picture recently and couldn't believe it.

Most people on the show do try to maintain the lifestyle change. I can only think of a handful of people that didn't lose a large amount after they left the ranch (and again, they were mostly from earlier seasons).

Sounds abit dangerous

Wow.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Gold Member

I think he lost too much weight. he looks weird now. and that tan...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information