Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Love Hewitt is chub!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Whether a woman is overweight or underweight, always better to be a pear than an apple. .
    This portion of the quote I agree with, pear shapes carry weight more femininly than do apples.

In terms of standards of beauty, I think how people view beauty is greatly dependant on their generation. For example, in the late 90s when I was in highschool (classof 2000), thin was in (NOT crackhead flabby- skinny) with good tone and boobs--eg,

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpap...spelling_1.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/tvdramas/1/0/W/5/vanmarcil.jpg

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/1...344-slarge.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/14...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Still to me this body type is the ideal and is what my personal standard is.
    So, when I see super curvy women like current Mariah Carey/Jennifer Love Hewitt, I do think they are chub. On the other hand when I see women Mary Kate Olson, or Teri Hatcher I dont think its attractive not only bc theyre guant, but also bc they have ZERO muscle tone, look flabby (like a fat skinny person), and are flat chested. I do like the look of fake boobs when they are done right, and proportionate to each person's body

She's not fat just curvy.

A*O

It's deffo 'safer' to be an overweight Pear than and Apple. If you tend to store excess fat on your abdomen you are at a much higher risk of all the nasty side-effects of being overweight - cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. I'm an Apple. Bugger.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Bronze Member SydniReneeHarper16's Avatar

Jennifer Love Hewitt is not fat,or anywhere near it..She has put on some weight though,she used to be a skinny little thing,Now she has some nice curves..and she's just bottom heavy,i think she looks fine.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It's deffo 'safer' to be an overweight Pear than and Apple. If you tend to store excess fat on your abdomen you are at a much higher risk of all the nasty side-effects of being overweight - cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. I'm an Apple. Bugger.

Yeah, I'm an apple too...but I'd rather be an apple than a pear. I have slender legs and a cute butt that looks good in jeans and pants. With the right shirt I can hide my little tummy. But I've seen pears at the gym that work out like crazy and have really cut upper bodies, but then their butt and thighs are big. There's no way you can hide that in jeans.

But trying to get rid of this tummy is a bitch! I burn about 2000 calories a week in cardio, do weights and Pilates, and it's still there. But really, the only time I feel self-conscious about it is in a bathing suit. Fortunately, I don't have to wear one all that often!

FUCK!!!! if she's "chub" the rest of us stand no chance unless we start vomitting up our food NOW!!!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Her hair looks nice anyway.

Honestly I think its just that outfit...
    Dramatically overdramatic

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    She's put on a few, but still looks good.
    A few? She was thin, almost skinny and now she's chubby. You don't get that figure by putting "a few". Though I agree, she still looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post

omg i remember when this exact outfit was soooooo IN. when was this taken like 1997?

I'm a pear shape, and it is hard to work that weight off, but it's also considered attractive in my family.

Also, even though when you're a pear, and do gain weight, you gain it all over, but your bottom is just carrying more. my waist is 30 inches, but my hips are almost 42inches! and when I did the waist to hip ratio, I hit .71, which is supposed to be the ideal. Even when I lose the 20lbs I need to, I'll still have that shape. And I'm happier for it.

JLH gained some weight, and she should. She's not a teen anymore. It's how some women look. Most skinny older women look like Mr. Burns....give me a bit of Chub. I think I'm Team Face (choosing face over Ass)
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

The one thing that worked successfully for me (a pear) was when I started working out with weights. The transformation didn't happen overnight, but I was giddy with the results. But I've also seen weights work wonders on the apple bodies as well. Basically, you're "putting on" where your body lacks and "trimming up" where you have a tendency to have excess body fat. Well....unless you're overeating and not experiencing some of the body fat loss (as opposed to just lost poundage) that generally comes from upping your muscle mass...or "tone" if you wanna call it that, since women are terrified of the word "mass" and the notion of doing anything but subtracting when it comes to changing their bodies (excepting boobage!)

Maybe I'm biased, but I'd definitely rather be a pear. For lowered health risks of course. But even appearance-wise I prefer it. Even if I'm overweight or just carrying more bodyfat than I'd like I still have a waist and don't look so much roly-poly as "thick" in a way that doesn't look too bad, especially if the "lookee" is more of an ass/legs than tit lover.

That being said, I know I would only wear something like what JLove is wearing here if I were deliberately trying to emphasize my "pear-ness" in the most extreme and unattractive fashion. Especially if my shoulders were still as tiny as hers.
    Last edited by MsDark; July 17th, 2007 at 01:07 PM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by ducki View Post
    She is fat and her body is hideous. She didn't just put on a few pounds. When Jessica Simpson puts on 5 pounds everyone calls her fat and when JLH puts on about 30 pounds just on her ass and thighs her pants just have the wrong cut? How is it possible to grow such a fat lower body without gaining any weight in the face?
    I have never thought JS looked bad with some weight on her, and JLH is NOT fat. She has hips. Most women look waaayyy more like her than the skinny women in Hollywood.
    Her pants don't flatter her figure, and there are many styles/cuts that would make her look much better. And lots of women gain weight in their lower body. It's quite common....
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    The one thing that worked successfully for me (a pear) was when I started working out with weights. The transformation didn't happen overnight, but I was giddy with the results. But I've also seen weights work wonders on the apple bodies as well. Basically, you're "putting on" where your body lacks and "trimming up" where you have a tendency to have excess body fat. Well....unless you're overeating and not experiencing some of the body fat loss (as opposed to just lost poundage) that generally comes from upping your muscle mass...or "tone" if you wanna call it that, since women are terrified of the word "mass" and the notion of doing anything but subtracting when it comes to changing their bodies (excepting boobage!)

Maybe I'm biased, but I'd definitely rather be a pear. For lowered health risks of course. But even appearance-wise I prefer it. Even if I'm overweight or just carrying more bodyfat than I'd like I still have a waist and don't look so much roly-poly as "thick" in a way that doesn't look too bad, especially if the "lookee" is more of an ass/legs than tit lover.

That being said, I know I would only wear something like what JLove is wearing here if I were deliberately trying to emphasize my "pear-ness" in the most extreme and unattractive fashion. Especially if my shoulders were still as tiny as hers.
    ITA building muscle mass is doing wonders for me, too.
    I've always been a pear & have got away with a lot as I can hide it well, plus as you say, some men are bum/leg men & I win hands down in the leg dept as I have a 34" inside leg (a complete pain for buying jeans & trousers, but somewhat scene-stopping when wearing a mini-skirt & in target weight hee hee!) Strangely enough no-one was looking at the size of my bum.....

I DO think that there is a very strong "anti-fat" in a lot of people that even putting a couple of pounds on gets a "my, they've got fat" comment. Interestingly enough, it's supposed to be linked to how wealthy the society is that is making the comment, the richer the society, the thiner the aim.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information