Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Iman's daughter Zulekha Haywood undergoes gastric band surgery

Iman must drink the blood of virgins or something - she hasn't aged a day between those pictures.

Zulekha talks about her gastric bypass in an interview with Glamour:

"I had complications immediately after the procedure, was checked into ICU and needed a second surgery. The typical hospital stay after gastric bypass is two days. I finally left after a week, still weighing 324 pounds and feeling discouraged.That changed soon enough. One month postsurgery, I was back at work and down 20 pounds. Other people couldn’t see the difference, but I could feel it. Before the surgery, a reasonable portion left me feeling deprived; I was always thinking about my next meal. After the surgery, good food in moderation was unbelievably satisfying. To feel that way and lose weight so quickly was both exhilarating and strange at the same time.

Six months in, I was down another 80 pounds. For the first time in my life, I didn’t have to shop in a plus-size store. (Yay, H&M!) But it felt foreign and made me anxious. There were so many things to choose from, I enlisted friends to help me shop, because I couldn’t tackle it all at once.

A year later I was 160 pounds and, because of my height, a size 6. A staggering number of people walked up to me asking if I was a model. To my surprise, it really bugged me—it still does. Once, I snapped at a cashier: “You know, being a model is not the only thing an attractive woman can do with her life, and being beautiful is not the only thing that women should aspire to. I’m so sick of a woman’s entire stock being in her looks!” The room went quiet and everyone stared at me. I put on my sunglasses and tried to walk proudly out the door. But the security guard stopped me and said, “You’re too pretty to be so angry.” Really?! It was one of many postsurgery realizations: Stacked Zu laughed loudly and often, always the plus-size life of the party. Slender Zu, on the other hand—well, that chick can occasionally be *****ly.

Eighteen months later, my body had settled at 165 pounds and a size 8. I jumped in the shower one morning, and it dawned on me that I hadn’t crept out of bed in months. The “aha” moment that had changed my life was just a memory.

It’s hard to explain how it feels to lose so much weight so fast. I tell my friends that it’s like becoming famous overnight—suddenly all eyes are on you. But there’s more to it than that. The difference between Stacked Zu and Slender Zu is like being a fluffy Angora cat and then suddenly being shaved. Being naked feels really naked now. I’m slender, but there are lots of folds and limpness where the voluptuousness used to be. No amount of clever lighting and push-up bras can disguise the fact that my breasts fall to my abdomen when I take off my bra, and men want to know why. The old me was unabashedly voluptuous and sexy, no explanations necessary.When I was a size 26, men approached me. Now when I walk into a room, guys
    really pay attention. But the sad fact is that volume hasn’t improved the quality. Most of the men who talk to me now aren’t men I would consider. Recently, a guy at a jazz club was staring at me for so long, I had to ask him if we knew each other. He explained that he was trying “to get drunk enough to get up the courage to talk to you.” Sorry, but liquid courage is not what I’m looking for in a man. Like it or not, being 300-plus pounds weeded out some of the losers who were too superficial to approach me back then.

Perhaps it’s just this kind of attention that has given me a deeper appreciation for my mother’s beauty. Now I realize it’s so much more than her appearance. What people respond to is her grace and elegance, her independent thinking and charity for others.

Looking back, the lesson that a woman’s worth can never be found on a scale is one that I have known all along. I’m proud of the fact that at 330 pounds, I didn’t hide from life, and I didn’t let my weight define me. At 165 pounds, I won’t do that either."
    Susan jones likes this.
    Rock the fuck on!

Ok her daughter looks pretty good now but there is no way she is hotter than Iman. That woman is a goddess!

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    Ok her daughter looks pretty good now but there is no way she is hotter than Iman.
    I agree.

I find it a weird quirk of nature that someone with the genetics of Iman gave birth to a kid who ended up morbidly obese. What did this girl's dad look like again? Maybe she took after the women in his family.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I can't imagine having Iman as a mother. Man, that would be some pressure.
    Thats what I was thinking. Why bother getting out of the sweatpants?
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I agree.

I find it a weird quirk of nature that someone with the genetics of Iman gave birth to a kid who ended up morbidly obese. What did this girl's dad look like again? Maybe she took after the women in his family.
    I think she looks a lot like her father.

Her daughter Alexandria (David Bowie is the father) looks like she's going to be pretty. Hopefully Iman won't fuck her up too.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    and think how much more obnoxious it is when mom's not even Italian. abusive and pretentious.
    Some somalis speak Italian.. particuarly in iman's generation. ever heard of Italian somaliland?
    although it fell during WII the influence remained in that area to an extent. Seeing as iman was born in mogadishu(the former capital of italian somaliland) to a relatively upper class family, it wouldn't suprise me at all if she learned to speak italian at home.
    just saying.

according to wiki, iman is fluent in 5 languages (including italian) and her father was a former somali ambassador.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

bilingual bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by BlameItOnVanity View Post
    Some somalis speak Italian.. particuarly in iman's generation. ever heard of Italian somaliland?
    although it fell during WII the influence remained in that area to an extent. Seeing as iman was born in mogadishu(the former capital of italian somaliland) to a relatively upper class family, it wouldn't suprise me at all if she learned to speak italian at home.
    just saying.

I take everything Iman claims about her background with a grain of salt, as her original back story was that Peter Beard discovered her wandering with the Darod tribe, that she was a Kenyan, and that her father was a nomad who raised cattle- and she denied he was a diplomat. Link:

St. Petersburg Times - Google News Archive Search

Of course, no matter what language you speak, that's pretty shitty to do to a child. Haywood got custody of Zulekha when they divorced, I remember the gossip about what a bad mother she was back when it happened.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; April 15th, 2010 at 01:46 PM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

What does Zulekha do? She seems rather obsessed with her image. Although I can see how being the child of Iman (especially before she met David Bowie) would have been awful for her.

Quote Originally Posted by B.C. View Post
    bilingual bitch!
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Agreed with the poster who said that it's gotta to be tough to be Iman's daughter.

So sad that Iman was so abusive towards her daughter and that she was a good mother when her child was little.

You can have all the money and fame in the world, but if you mess up parenting IMO - you have nothing.

Anyway looks like they have patched things up and congrats to Zulekha for losing all that weight.

I always had a visceral dislike of Iman, I must have heard the story about how she treated her daughter.

Zu is lovely and it must be really disconcerting to have so much about you change so quickly.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    What does Zulekha do? She seems rather obsessed with her image. Although I can see how being the child of Iman (especially before she met David Bowie) would have been awful for her.
    I'm not surprised if her mum was cruel to her

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information