Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 'I have a faster metabolism': Giuliana Rancic

^ Exactly what I was thinking. What is this cancer-suppressing medication that allows one to eat a robust diet with dessert every night and remain skeletal? Because I'm sure most of Hollywood would be taking it.
    Cinnamon*Girl and Kittylady like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

so in 2011 she's telling the world how she's up before dawn and doesn't put anything other than kombucha and green tea in her body until almost lunch time and then subsists on sugarfree cereal bars, steamed vegetables, brown rice and fish, and eating a few sinful forkfuls of cream-less pasta requires an entire strategy so that she won't be forced to even eat the entire half portion. the woman who couldn't even bring herself to gain 10 lbs so she could maybe have a chance of getting pregnant. but now, 3 years later, she's eating like a horse and having dessert every night and can't keep the weight on and looks a dying aphid?

i know she's a celebrity but i don't believe she owes anyone an explanation about her health. but in that case just say nothing at all instead of this bullshit story not even her biggest fantard would buy.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

I mean, a drug that not only suppresses cancer but keeps you skinny too? The company that made that would be fetching ten million a share.

^^^ I totally agree!

My 62yo mother takes oral chemo drugs every single day and has taken them for almost 30 years (she has a blood disorder that is one stage below leukemia; she also is a breast cancer survivor). The woman is on a constant diet!! She goes away on vacation and cheats and comes back 10-15 pounds heavier. I'm sure she'd love some of those cancer drugs this cockroach takes. Please.

czb

*sigh*

some chemo agents do suppress food intake and some don't. depends on the agent and depends on the cancer. eg, pancreatic cancer vs multiple myeloma. cancer ain't one size fits all and i was just saying that tamomifen isn't necessarily appetite suppressing.
    witchcurlgirl and sluce like this.

I'm not sure if that was directed at me, but I was referring to the cockroach's statement, not yours (and I was actually replying to sputnik but stella posted before me!) Sorry for the confusion. I honestly have no idea what chemo drug my mother takes, just that she's been taking one for almost 30 years. She goes to an oncologist on a pretty frequent basis.

czb

my comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

I have a friend who is naturally thin. She hates that she is so thin and is very unhappy when she loses even more weight when she is stressed.
    While she is really skinny, she does not look like Rancic: she looks proportionate and healthy, and you can actually tell that's her natural body shape.

Most celebs who pretend that they are naturally that thin don't look healthy or proportionate at all.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information