Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 'I have a faster metabolism': Giuliana Rancic

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    When I read that diet and look at the body type, I would think that she would have developed amenorrhea. Besides pregnancy problems, I would think she would be at high risk in the future for osteoporosis.
    She might even have it now.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    i remember that, but can't find the thread anymore. this is from some blog:
    That it totally (in my mind) a diet if a person with an ED. I bet Posh Spice's diet is similar, ditto allergic fishsticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    When I read that diet and look at the body type, I would think that she would have developed amenorrhea. Besides pregnancy problems, I would think she would be at high risk in the future for osteoporosis.
    I think that a lot of so-called celebrities are.
    Gossip Junkie likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    I have a friend like her who is so damn thin that she has to eat a lot to even maintain her current weight.....She has dealt with stranger comments at restaurants about going to "barf", etc. She won't wear skirts or shorts because her knees/legs are too thin, etc. However, since G is in Hollywood, who knows if her "fast metabolism" is fact or fiction.
    I think it's bullshit because you can tell by pics she wasn't always this thin. I have known one or two people like your friend who really do have fast metabolisms. BUT.... They didn't go all their lives being normal sized or a little bit thin and then 'suddenly' have this fast metabolism pop up out of nowhere. They were "the skinny kid' their whole life. And if anything, were actually able to become closer to normal-thin as they aged.

I had a cousin like this. When she got a little older and finally got up to 110 lbs (At 5'7") she was sooo excited. But at no other (younger) time in her life were there pics in existence of her looking anything but extremely thin.

So yeah, starving herself.

And ugly.
    Gossip Junkie likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Silver Member

What's sad is from the earlier photos she was slender, not bony. Look at her arms and chest on the older photos No bony chest, arms much healthier looking. I have watched E Network for years, and it wasn't until the last three years or so her weight loss was really noticeable. She is naturally thin, no doubt. She's just not the bobblehead, anorexic, unnattractive thin she is now. How can she not see how bad she looks? Why does Bill accept her like this? He dated a much healthier-looking woman when they first met and now that woman is a bobblehead. I wish someone would tweet those two older photos of her and call her out. I used to think she was cute in her own way before. I just hate looking at her anymore. She looks like a preying mantis like others have said. If you have a really fast metabolism like she says she has, then why does she monitor her food so strictly? Eat a full order of pasta, girl. Of course, you won't. You might gain two pounds.
    Last edited by LameAnn; October 13th, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

fgg

Giuliana Rancic: I Know I'm Too Thin

For months, she's stayed mum on the subject of her body, but now, Giuliana Rancic, who says the firestorm of attention has "gotten out of hand," is finally speaking out.

The E! News anchor's slim appearance at the Jan. 11 Golden Globes sent the Internet abuzz with rumors of eating disorders – and worse.

"Some people were saying, 'The cancer is probably back,' " Rancic, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011 and underwent a double mastectomy that year, tells PEOPLE. "And they were accusing me of every eating disorder. I thought to myself, 'God, if someone really thought I had an eating disorder, what a horrible way to approach it.' "

Thankfully, Rancic, 40, is healthy, though she says the cancer-suppressing medication she has been taking since 2012 has had an effect on her body.

"I started noticing that I was eating a lot, but not gaining weight at all," Rancic says. "I was concerned."

Her oncologist, Dr. Dev Paul of Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers in Denver, Colorado, informed her that the drug, which can alter metabolism, could cause weight loss.

"It's really hurtful," says Rancic of the attention, adding that she had hoped criticism about her appearance would quiet down on its own. "I'm sorry that some people think I'm disgustingly skinny, as they put it, but there's nothing I can do. I'm lucky that I even have the type of cancer that reacts to the medicine."

When it comes to her appetite, "I eat more than any of my friends," she says. "I eat a very robust, healthy, balanced diet and dessert almost every night. I'm not hiding from anything."

Though the mom of son Duke, 2 (with husband Bill), admits that the physical change has been difficult to bear.

"I look in the mirror and it's hard for me," she admits. "I am really thin. I want to look fit and beautiful and sexy, and I can't."

Speaking out now, Rancic, whose memoir, Going Off Script, hits shelves April 7, hopes the tides will turn.

"I never want my weight to distract people from what I do," she says. "But it is becoming a distraction, [whenever] I wear something sleeveless, show my arms, my back."

In fact, Rancic says a major publication was interested in featuring her but backed out, telling her she was "too skinny."

"That was really hurtful," she says. "I thought, 'Wow, I'm on cancer medication. I'm doing the best that I can.' "

Despite the public backlash, that mindset has served Rancic well.

"I refuse to be broken [by what people say]," she says. "I have so many beautiful things in my life."

Giuliana Rancic Speaks Out on Weight: I Know I'm Too Thin : People.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Well, if the medication is doing it, she really can't help it.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

i don't buy it.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

^I don't either. What about the diet plan she posted on her site a while back, where she said she cuts out dessert and only eats what totals to, like, 1200 calories a day?

Edit: I now see the plan I'm talking about was posted on the page before this
    Last edited by Brah; April 1st, 2015 at 02:02 PM.

Her body, her business. But I don't buy it either.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Bullshit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

1200 calories is low, but it wouldn't have her looking like death warmed over. Maybe with excessive exercise, hours and hours...But yeah not buying it either. She's been way thin for many years now, even before the cancer.
    holly likes this.

This is what i am fighting now,slow metabolism..it is a real bitch..Now my sister in law and her kids all eat huge meals.They all were super skinny and we always wonder where all that food went.Finally it caught my sister in law up and her son is just there..not her daughter...yet.They still eat like two people ,they should be fatter,but at least now we know where the food is going..
    I dont buy her bullshit either..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Stop the lying. You used to look normal then you decided to starve yourself.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Funny how she pulls the cancer and infertility cards each time the backlash about her weight gets too loud. With her new book coming out I am sure we will about it ad nauseam.
    Trixie and Kittylady like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

If the medication is doing it, I would like some please.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information