Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 'I have a faster metabolism': Giuliana Rancic

I used to live with a girl who was painfully thin, but she seemed to eat a fair amount. The only thing I could put it down to was her IBS, but I think she was just that skinny. She didn't look good at all, and could have stood to gain a stone or two.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

czb

i have a colleague who was always lean, even though she ate a high fat (but not high volume) diet. even after pregnancy. but her appearance has always been consistent. i don't believe this is true about giuliana, though, as shown by those earlier pics of her posted here. i think she is calorie-obsessive and counts every blueberry and kale chip she eats.

Yeah, ditto for me having a colleague who is thin-under-weight. She's a vegetarian & doesn't a) eat a lot b) eat a lot of protein c) has a great metabolism and she's 44 or so.

I agree with CZB regarding this food-counter though.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I used to live with a girl who was painfully thin, but she seemed to eat a fair amount. The only thing I could put it down to was her IBS, but I think she was just that skinny. She didn't look good at all, and could have stood to gain a stone or two.
    Digestive/tract problems can be the basis for being fairly thin. I had a friend in college who was thin as Rancic. She probably had some version of celiac disease. Every time she ate, she was in discomfort, so she ate as little as possible.
    ribbit and mjw like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i have a colleague who was always lean, even though she ate a high fat (but not high volume) diet. even after pregnancy. but her appearance has always been consistent. i don't believe this is true about giuliana, though, as shown by those earlier pics of her posted here. i think she is calorie-obsessive and counts every blueberry and kale chip she eats.

I agree, that's what I see when I look at the pictures. She's not always been like this. I've seen situations where women's metabolism bonks the other way after having a kid and they get super skinny. But she hasn't had a kid. Then again maybe her cancer treatments did a number on her as well. I dislike picking on women for their appearance, good or bad. I just dislike it when women try to chalk it up to metabolism or some other such shit when it's not that. But who knows.

On this very site a long time ago there was a thread about her daily diet, it was something like water, air and lettuce. She's full of shit, such a liar

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Digestive/tract problems can be the basis for being fairly thin. I had a friend in college who was thin as Rancic. She probably had some version of celiac disease. Every time she ate, she was in discomfort, so she ate as little as possible.
    That reminds me of Kurt Cobain. He was missing an enzyme in his digestive tract so everytime he ate food, he felt sick. (?)

Yes^ it's fairly common. And many of the foods you would think should be consumed to gain weight (bread etc.) are not actually going to help, but will make it worse. There are specific diets that do help to gain and absorb food, I owe my life to one. I don't know if Guliana is eating enough for her body type or not, but I do see that she doesn't look like she is absorbing the right types of fats and proteins. Either because she doesn't eat them, or because she can't process them correctly.

I feel like there might be something more nefarious causing Guiliana's appearance, not even an ED. She looks ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Yeah, ditto for me having a colleague who is thin-under-weight. She's a vegetarian & doesn't a) eat a lot b) eat a lot of protein c) has a great metabolism and she's 44 or so.

I agree with CZB regarding this food-counter though.
    Ahhh, my housemate was a veggie too. I don't think she had a lot of pain when she ate though (to Mo), just if she had too much of certain foods. I have seen pictures of her at a slightly heavier weight, but she was probably still classed as underweight. I get pain when I eat too, but that's because I eat far too much!
    Novice likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    On this very site a long time ago there was a thread about her daily diet, it was something like water, air and lettuce. She's full of shit, such a liar
    i remember that, but can't find the thread anymore. this is from some blog:

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Giuliana Rancic's Diet Makes My Stomach Cry

@HelenRaine told me about the E! News Presenter's ridiculous diet over a bottle of red wine and a plate of pork chops and mash a couple of weeks ago (delicious, by the way). After reading it on her blog, I am completely disgusted. How she is even still alive completely blows my mind. With all the pressure girls face in the "I want to be skinny" department, I'm really sad that this kind of bullshit advice is freely available on the Internets, dished out by so-called "role models."

E! News Presenter Giuliana Rancic
    Giuliana's (ridiculous) Diet:
    4:35am: "Yerba Mate" tea
    (that counts as her "pre-workout energy booster")

6:30am: Water with cayenne pepper and lemon
    Followed by green tea
    Followed by a bottle of "GT's Kombucha"- "it totally helps with hunger cravings"- Giuliana
    (post-workout snack)

Now, any personal trainer will tell you that before working out, your body needs some carbs to burn. Even if its just a couple of spoons of Oats. It gives your body something to kick start its "fat burning mode". After working out, your body needs some protein to keep it going, helping your muscles to build, instead of being burnt up by all that exercise. Even if it is a low-carb protein drink. Your body needs it.

7:15am: ORGANIC Grapefruit
    Followed by an egg white omlet, no cheese, green veg only
    "And i ALWAYS say NO BUTTER, NO OIL...instead tell them to cook it in a light mist of
    Pam cooking spray. Tell them your allergic to butter so that they don't slip it in there like
    a lot of places do. If they don't have Pam spray, then tell them to use just a DROP or two
    of Oil!!!" -Giuliana
    "WHAT THE... Is that BUTTER?!"

(Is this the behaviour of a female with normal healthy eating habits???? Imagine being at her table when the orders are taken. Even worse! When the food arrives...)

Mid-morning snack: Cereal bar "No high fructose corn syrup (the devil) in these puppies!!!... I always have a healthy snack around. Keeps you from running to the vending machine (which you should avoid like the plague, by the way.)" -Giuliana
    Lunch: A chicken breast/Salmon with steamed broccoli
    Afternoon snack: Apple/Grapefruit/Cereal Bar (no sugar)
    Fresh veggie juice
    Dinner: Sushi with brown rice (SIFF!!) NO mayo/Grilled Fish "I don't use any sauces at all" - Guiliana

"GET THOSE CARBS AWAY FROM ME!!!"
    So, basically, she eats everything as bland as she possibly can.

Here's where shit gets whack though:

Drinks
    Kombucha Drink
    "...it totally helps with appetite control. No joke!!! This is great for me since sometimes I eat totally out of boredom (which I'm sure a lot of you can relate to) so instead, i sip this and then I'm not "fake" hungry anymore because it totally hits the spot. I'm obsessed with it!!!"

WOMAN! You aren't "fake" hungry! You are absolutely starving! That feeling of "hunger" is your body calling out to you: "Nourish meeee!! I am wasting awaaayyyy...."

Veggie Juice
    " This is a terrific snack to have between meals and rather filling too. You will not get fat on raw and steamed veggies!"
    No. You also won't get enough nourishment.

Coffee
    "I've quit coffee (yes, coffee is bad for you) and I stopped putting all artificial sweeteners into my body. My taste buds have totally changed and now I don't need sweeteners at all on my food."
    Mmmm...you just keep telling your taste buds that, honey.
    "No really, my taste buds are
    literally repulsed right now"

Giuliana's "Cheat Food" Tips:

"... if i just MUST have pasta, I will let my husband order it and have some bites of his. Or I will order a healthy dish and ask for a half order of the pasta (no cream, ever!) on the side. I will eat half of the side of pasta and pass the rest around the table so my friends can try it to. That way you are impressing the table with your generosity and cutting lots of calories"
    "So...I'll let you order the pasta. Then you say 'How about
    a bite G?' then I laugh and say 'Ok, but just one. I want
    all our friends to get a bite too'... OK?"

So, she orders half a portion of pasta, then eats half of that, then makes her friends eat it so she can get it out of sight. That way she is showing the entire table what psycho food tendencies she has and creating lots of food demons in her mind.

"Fit a baby in where?! You make
    me laugh!! Hahaha"

Apparently Giuliana was struggling to fall pregnant. (This private piece of information was shared with the world on her reality show with husband, Bill) I'm not surprised! Can you imagine a human foetus trying to grow braincells and bones and body parts in an arid, foodless environment like her uterus?? The poor little sperm cells probably commit suicide before fertilisation could happen.

I am all for healthy living and healthy eating, but behaviour like this is not normal at all. Men, would you date a woman who treats food like this? I don't think I'd want to get involved with this minefield of body issues.

tailsofamermaid: Giuliana Rancic's Diet Makes My Stomach Cry
    Karina likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Wow^ yeah, she looks like that is how she eats.
    ribbit likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

This whole thing right here, is why I hope she never has a daughter. I don't know if it is a real or imagined thing, but I think that if she had a daughter, she would transfer all of her food/weight issues onto her daughter.

Yerba mate tea?
    It's mate cocido, woman.

When I read that diet and look at the body type, I would think that she would have developed amenorrhea. Besides pregnancy problems, I would think she would be at high risk in the future for osteoporosis.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information