Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The hourglass figure

Silver Member

I do think that most of these women have amazing figures, but there's no way the measurements are correct! Besides, although I love Monica Bellucci and I think she's the most beautiful woman in that list, she's never been an hourglass. I've seen thousands and thousands of pictures of her, and although she is very womanly her waist has never been small enough to make her body an hourglass.

The official definition of an hourglass figure is a waist measurement that is equal to 75% or less thant he hip measurement = so a 36" hip is a 26" waist..... isn't that a "normal" figure???

And how can these woman be "hourglass" when they're all (in the main) silicone?

Dunno how true this is.... "Monica Bellucci, Measurements: 35-24-35."

I wonder exactly how these measurements are taken. Like if I take my waist measurement in the very smallest part of my waist and really suck in, it can make a really big difference to measuring around my belly button. Also, if I inhale deeply to expand my chest, I can go up a few inches there too.

My body type is an hourglass as well but I need some serious toning to look like that!

Quote Originally Posted by crazygirl View Post
    Why don't you think that Megan is an hourglass?how would you characterise her?she has small waist and the rest of her body is in proportion.
    She is a slim hourglass..
    I don't think she's the traditional hourglass. Hell, I'm technically hourglass because my waist is smaller than my breasts and hips, but I sure as shit don't consider myself as having an hourglass figure. When you compare Megan Fox to Raquel Welsch and Sophia Loren, you should clearly be able to tell the difference. And Raquel and Sophia were all real.

The sad truth:

Sophia was a pretty woman, but her body wasn't all that. She was sexy in a dress (damn she could fill one out), lingerie, and stuff like that, but her flesh looked saggy and weird.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martirio View Post
    I do think that most of these women have amazing figures, but there's no way the measurements are correct! Besides, although I love Monica Bellucci and I think she's the most beautiful woman in that list, she's never been an hourglass. I've seen thousands and thousands of pictures of her, and although she is very womanly her waist has never been small enough to make her body an hourglass.
    i totally agree! i agree they are hourglasses, but none of those measurements are correct at all! It's standard procedure for agents/talent/pr people to take a couple inches off or add some onto their celebrities in order to make them sound better...i know i'm 35-25-35 exactly and the only thing i've ever been known as is tiny and petite (beyonce always strikes me as a big woman with no boobs, good waist, and amazing hips) and it's comical thinking beyonce and i have the same waist size or that she may even be smaller, from the looks of it she really looks more like she has a 27-28 inch waist....and i don't mean that as a negative, it's just she defintely not a small person!

Quote Originally Posted by khaebs View Post
    I wonder exactly how these measurements are taken. Like if I take my waist measurement in the very smallest part of my waist and really suck in, it can make a really big difference to measuring around my belly button. Also, if I inhale deeply to expand my chest, I can go up a few inches there too.
    i hadn't even thought of it that way lol good god if we all took our measurements that way we would sound ridiculously proportions, i would go from 35-25-35 to a 36-22-35 lol....oh hollywood...always an illusion
    Last edited by Tati; April 23rd, 2009 at 12:51 PM.

Sophia Loren looked great with and without clothing.

Catherine Zeta Jones is no hourglass - check out her lower body...

Celebrity Plastic Surgery Gossip: Did Catherine Zeta-Jones Have A Boob Job?

Quote Originally Posted by bizzyrose View Post
    i hadn't even thought of it that way lol good god if we all took our measurements that way we would sound ridiculously proportions, i would go from 35-25-35 to a 36-22-35 lol....oh hollywood...always an illusion
    Well, that's how models' waists are measured. Likewise for their legs: they measure them up to the waist. I have 35-in legs (I'm 5'3) (up to my hipbone - inseam is nearly 31 inches) but if I follow that rule, that makes them 40.5 inches long...
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    The sad truth:

Sophia was a pretty woman, but her body wasn't all that. She was sexy in a dress (damn she could fill one out), lingerie, and stuff like that, but her flesh looked saggy and weird.
    I think that we forget that up to the late 60/early 70 women wore girdles & other restrictive under garments that we generally don't benefit from now.

Plus I think that although people were generally slimmer there wasn't the cult of exercise as there is now so bodies were less toned.

And old Soph is sucking in her gut here, hence the weird tummy....

^ Either way, she wasn't the knockout, hourglass, bombshell she's been labeled.

Now she was one of the sexiest women ever. The type that could seduce you while fully clothed, but her body wasn't anything special unclothed.

I agree - I don't think that a lot of what we perceive as icons now were all that...

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I think that we forget that up to the late 60/early 70 women wore girdles & other restrictive under garments that we generally don't benefit from now.

Plus I think that although people were generally slimmer there wasn't the cult of exercise as there is now so bodies were less toned.

And old Soph is sucking in her gut here, hence the weird tummy....
    Hey, that tummy doesn't look weird to me....weirdly familiar if anything

LOL! I'm just ignoring that & I'm not going to agree with it at ALL!

LOL if only that kind of underpinning would come back into fashion....or even M&S!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information