Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hilary Duff blames the media for her weight drop

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    The one thing that always gets under the skin of a teenage girl is weight. Say what you want about her hair, face, health, but say one thing about weight and more than not, a teenaged girl will obsess about it any try to change it.
    Yep, esp. if they are in the public eye....and once someone starts to lose weight and gets praise, they can easily take it too far.

^^i agree hopefully she'll grow a tougher skin and not let this kind of shit bother her so much.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Gold Member

{{LOL}} Duff Puff, now that was fycking hilarious! DUFF PUFF LMAO

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoog View Post
    You have to be super strong and super confident in Hollywood. Or you won't make it.
    She's sensitive and i can't blame her for that! Hell! Most women are sensitive when it comes to weight and dieting.

Elite Member

I think most people in hollywood are anything but tough and thick skinned, most get into the industry because they're just the opposite. They're seeking attention and affirmation. Some get into acting to raise confidence. Some get into music as a release.

I think she's dont remarkably well for someone who was treated so poorly at such a young age by the media. To put that kind of focus on a girl who is still growing and changing is just disgusting. Its why (despite loathing) I feel sorry for Lohan because she's messed up due to the focus that was put on her at such a young age.

And anyone who says they bring it on themselves is just..wrong. They're puppets of agents and managers and all that kind of shit till they're old enough to understand.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

The one thing that always gets under the skin of a teenage girl is weight. Say what you want about her hair, face, health, but say one thing about weight and more than not, a teenaged girl will obsess about it any try to change it.
    That is so true. My mom is a hairdresser and this elementary school teacher (from where I attended school, also her twin sons were my classmate) happened to be at my mom's salon when I was getting my hair done by my mom's employee and she said that I had gained weight. This was when I was in highschool or right after high school. I cried and cried after that. But I wasn't crazy enough to starve myself or anything to lose weight. It does hurt when someone criticizes your weight esp if you are a young girl.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by makedah21 View Post
    She's sensitive and i can't blame her for that! Hell! Most women are sensitive when it comes to weight and dieting.
    Oh, I totally agree with you! I certainly wouldn't want everyone discussing my weight. Well, actually I don't care so much at my age, but at 19, yes, I'd have been so upset.

The point I'm making is that to survive Hollywood (as opposed to muddling along and crashing and burning a la Britney) you need to have a hide like a rhinoceros. Better to bail out now than let it destroy you eg, taking drugs to stay thin, having breakdowns, etc. There are other jobs out there.

You're right, but personally i was one of the teenage girls who let any comment get under my skin. In the first year of highschool i was called anorexic, and got the extremely rude and offensive 'do you eat?' question from dumb bitches who didn't even know me. Plus i had a fat friend at the time and people would always say- 'hey rebecca, give adele some of that weight'. People were so horrible. You're damned if you're too thin, and you're damned if you're too fat.

Now she finally admits to extreme dieting and not just a "healthy" diet. I'm waiting for Nicole to tell the truth.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    You're right, but personally i was one of the teenage girls who let any comment get under my skin. In the first year of highschool i was called anorexic, and got the extremely rude and offensive 'do you eat?' question from dumb bitches who didn't even know me. Plus i had a fat friend at the time and people would always say- 'hey rebecca, give adele some of that weight'. People were so horrible. You're damned if you're too thin, and you're damned if you're too fat.
    Wow !!People can be so mean! I'm glad to see that you didn't let it affect you that's quite awsome.Unfortunately everyone is not as strong as you.

But I WASN'T strong, i got really torn up. I had low self esteem for years, and i never really excelled at school because of it. I let it affect me way too much. But i learned from it and you stop being upset, and you get mighty pissed off. I guess thats what a 'thick skin' is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Let me get this straight:

1) 1 tabloid calls her fat, she drops enough weight to look like a meth-head

2) 50 billion people say her venners make her look like a horse, and she does nothing.

Sorry, don't buy it.
    GMTA.

My first thought at the thread title: Who is to blame for her now being Mr. Ed?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

A lot of people say she's a terrible singer and actress, but i don't see her dropping out of the business.

Bronze Member

I cant stand her, but i think shes the only 1 to blame 4 her weight,

hate her
    Last edited by moomies; March 26th, 2007 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    GMTA.

My first thought at the thread title: Who is to blame for her now being Mr. Ed?
    It looks like she changed the veneers. I saw her on GMA today and her teeth looked better, but she's painfully thin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information