Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Healthy body image

^^Yeah there was a big stink about that over here in Blighty - Kate was livid that they'd slimmed her down so much!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

^^ I'd be SO pissed!

^^They may as well have just said "we think you're a fat cow and we don't want the likes of you gracing the cover of our impossibly beautiful magazine" - she must have been so mortified!! Incidently does anyone remember when Harper's Bazaar refused to put Renee Zelwhatever on the cover because she was too chubby(it was the Brigit Jones phase)? They shot all the pics and did the interview and then nagated on the cover as they said she looked pants! Poor lass. I thought she looked great with tits and ass!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Quote Originally Posted by chavah81 View Post
    Ok as much as I hate to say it.. Kate Winselt does have a healthy looking body. I also have to 2nd or 3rd the peeps that said Drew Barrymore, Selma Hayek, and Penelope Cruz... I also think Kate Hudson???
    I agree about Kate. She's thin, yes, but works out alot and has abit of a muscle. And she has one GREAT ass.

I have always thought the way the women were portrayed in pictures from the 'Romantisicm' period very nice. Whether or not the models from that time were idealised or not, the actual shape of them seems to be normal, healthy. Look, no sticky-out bones! It's a shame that these pictures are not so persuasive as Elle magazine et al.

Bronze Member

Bottom line is that women are jealous bitches, and we will always resent any other women who are viewed as attractive but aren't the same body type as us....
    Curvy chicks love the curvy celebrities, and skinny chicks love the skinny celebrities. These people just can't win.

The fact is that there are different types of bodies and, depending on the circumstances, they can ALL be attractive.

I've noticed a disturbing trend lately of focusing too much on body image. This is not helping ANYONE.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by asina View Post
    Bottom line is that women are jealous bitches, and we will always resent any other women who are viewed as attractive but aren't the same body type as us....
    Curvy chicks love the curvy celebrities, and skinny chicks love the skinny celebrities. These people just can't win.

The fact is that there are different types of bodies and, depending on the circumstances, they can ALL be attractive.

I've noticed a disturbing trend lately of focusing too much on body image. This is not helping ANYONE.
    Right on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ByRDi View Post
    *snip*....her legs look as thin as a Victoria's Secret Model's (which I don't get why people think are so "curvy" in the first place. Their waists are still only 23 inches!)
    Oh I know!! Every model in there has at least a 2" gap between the tops of her thighs. It would be nice if they would include a few "medium" sized models so us regular girls can have a better idea of how these things will look on us. Of course they would consider medium sized as plus sized and label it that way I suppose.

I'd also like to see a few models w/ natural or smaller breasts-- all of them have such full boobies so they make every single bra look great. I order and try on said bra and it looks totally different on me.....

Elite Member

I think the reason why there is so much emphisi on body image because nobody really knows what our bodies are MEANT to look like. I have no idea how I'm meant to look in the mirror, or in photographs. :/
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I think the reason why there is so much emphisi on body image because nobody really knows what our bodies are MEANT to look like. I have no idea how I'm meant to look in the mirror, or in photographs. :/
    I have wondered about that, too!

I don't think there is an answer because everybody has different body types, there will allways be a difference between people. There is differences among the skinny ones, differences among the normal people and the heavy built people. Does this make sence to you?

Quote Originally Posted by asina View Post
    Oh yes, this is the most worrying thing of all.

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Oh I know!! Every model in there has at least a 2" gap between the tops of her thighs. It would be nice if they would include a few "medium" sized models so us regular girls can have a better idea of how these things will look on us. Of course they would consider medium sized as plus sized and label it that way I suppose.

I'd also like to see a few models w/ natural or smaller breasts-- all of them have such full boobies so they make every single bra look great. I order and try on said bra and it looks totally different on me.....
    Tons of those girls have implants.

^Exactly. Even if they're only B cup implants. Most of them would be flat with their body weight so they get a little bit put in so they aren't flat chested, although they should be.

^^
    I think they also use the chicken cutlet inserts, which can up a cup size and create major cleavage.

A healthy body depends on your body type to begin with. Your weight should work with your height and vice versa. Also age has alot to do with it, your metobalism slows down as you get older. Sometimes you have to change your diet and annual intake of food when your metobalism isn't what it used to be. Don't ask other people what you should weigh or how your body should look, ask your doctor. Whatever feels right.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information