Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61

Thread: Healthy body image

  1. #46
    Elite Member pinklilycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wandering with my puglet...
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    ^^Yeah there was a big stink about that over here in Blighty - Kate was livid that they'd slimmed her down so much!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

  2. #47
    Elite Member Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trolltopia
    Posts
    29,138

    Default

    ^^ I'd be SO pissed!

  3. #48
    Elite Member pinklilycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wandering with my puglet...
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    ^^They may as well have just said "we think you're a fat cow and we don't want the likes of you gracing the cover of our impossibly beautiful magazine" - she must have been so mortified!! Incidently does anyone remember when Harper's Bazaar refused to put Renee Zelwhatever on the cover because she was too chubby(it was the Brigit Jones phase)? They shot all the pics and did the interview and then nagated on the cover as they said she looked pants! Poor lass. I thought she looked great with tits and ass!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

  4. #49
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chavah81 View Post
    Ok as much as I hate to say it.. Kate Winselt does have a healthy looking body. I also have to 2nd or 3rd the peeps that said Drew Barrymore, Selma Hayek, and Penelope Cruz... I also think Kate Hudson???
    I agree about Kate. She's thin, yes, but works out alot and has abit of a muscle. And she has one GREAT ass.

  5. #50
    Elite Member Rondette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Between uncertainty and acceptance
    Posts
    4,544

    Default



    I have always thought the way the women were portrayed in pictures from the 'Romantisicm' period very nice. Whether or not the models from that time were idealised or not, the actual shape of them seems to be normal, healthy. Look, no sticky-out bones! It's a shame that these pictures are not so persuasive as Elle magazine et al.

  6. #51
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Bottom line is that women are jealous bitches, and we will always resent any other women who are viewed as attractive but aren't the same body type as us....
    Curvy chicks love the curvy celebrities, and skinny chicks love the skinny celebrities. These people just can't win.

    The fact is that there are different types of bodies and, depending on the circumstances, they can ALL be attractive.

    I've noticed a disturbing trend lately of focusing too much on body image. This is not helping ANYONE.

  7. #52
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asina View Post
    Bottom line is that women are jealous bitches, and we will always resent any other women who are viewed as attractive but aren't the same body type as us....
    Curvy chicks love the curvy celebrities, and skinny chicks love the skinny celebrities. These people just can't win.

    The fact is that there are different types of bodies and, depending on the circumstances, they can ALL be attractive.

    I've noticed a disturbing trend lately of focusing too much on body image. This is not helping ANYONE.
    Right on!!!

  8. #53
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByRDi View Post
    *snip*....her legs look as thin as a Victoria's Secret Model's (which I don't get why people think are so "curvy" in the first place. Their waists are still only 23 inches!)
    Oh I know!! Every model in there has at least a 2" gap between the tops of her thighs. It would be nice if they would include a few "medium" sized models so us regular girls can have a better idea of how these things will look on us. Of course they would consider medium sized as plus sized and label it that way I suppose.



    I'd also like to see a few models w/ natural or smaller breasts-- all of them have such full boobies so they make every single bra look great. I order and try on said bra and it looks totally different on me.....

  9. #54
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    I think the reason why there is so much emphisi on body image because nobody really knows what our bodies are MEANT to look like. I have no idea how I'm meant to look in the mirror, or in photographs. :/
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde


  10. #55
    Silver Member Nerissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A better place...
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I think the reason why there is so much emphisi on body image because nobody really knows what our bodies are MEANT to look like. I have no idea how I'm meant to look in the mirror, or in photographs. :/
    I have wondered about that, too!

    I don't think there is an answer because everybody has different body types, there will allways be a difference between people. There is differences among the skinny ones, differences among the normal people and the heavy built people. Does this make sence to you?

  11. #56
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asina View Post
    I've noticed a disturbing trend lately of focusing too much on body image. This is not helping ANYONE.
    Oh yes, this is the most worrying thing of all.

  12. #57
    Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia//Butnotforlong
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Oh I know!! Every model in there has at least a 2" gap between the tops of her thighs. It would be nice if they would include a few "medium" sized models so us regular girls can have a better idea of how these things will look on us. Of course they would consider medium sized as plus sized and label it that way I suppose.



    I'd also like to see a few models w/ natural or smaller breasts-- all of them have such full boobies so they make every single bra look great. I order and try on said bra and it looks totally different on me.....
    Tons of those girls have implants.

  13. #58
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    ^Exactly. Even if they're only B cup implants. Most of them would be flat with their body weight so they get a little bit put in so they aren't flat chested, although they should be.

  14. #59
    Elite Member ByRDi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    ^^
    I think they also use the chicken cutlet inserts, which can up a cup size and create major cleavage.

  15. #60
    Elite Member JuicyLucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    A healthy body depends on your body type to begin with. Your weight should work with your height and vice versa. Also age has alot to do with it, your metobalism slows down as you get older. Sometimes you have to change your diet and annual intake of food when your metobalism isn't what it used to be. Don't ask other people what you should weigh or how your body should look, ask your doctor. Whatever feels right.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Healthy Creamsicle Smoothie!
    By SVZ in forum Recipes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2006, 11:18 AM
  2. Sushi may not be as healthy as we think
    By MaryJane in forum Food and Cuisine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: April 7th, 2006, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •