Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gwen Stefani shows off killer abs

^ Yup. It amazes me that I know several girls under the age of 7 that already have food issues and it's thanks to (1) their mothers, or (2) some other relative. I eat quite healthy, but when I'm around them I'm super conscious about being a good influence. I allow myself an 'off' day and treat myself to whatever we're having. I don't make any comments about food or bodies and I try to counteract any negative comments that are made by them or other adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Peike View Post
    ^ Yup. It amazes me that I know several girls under the age of 7 that already have food issues and it's thanks to (1) their mothers, or (2) some other relative. I eat quite healthy, but when I'm around them I'm super conscious about being a good influence. I allow myself an 'off' day and treat myself to whatever we're having. I don't make any comments about food or bodies and I try to counteract any negative comments that are made by them or other adults.
    ^That's good that you do that!

If only more mothers were like that...

I used to be anorexic/bulimic and am still pretty eating disordered (although not as bad) but I remember during some of the worst of my ED I'd planned out that whenever I had kids I was going to completely ban junk food and fast food and have them only eat healthy so they wouldn't end up growing up chubby and/or fat which at the time I found 'admirable' because in my mind it would save them from having to go through elementary and middle school without being teased and tormented as I was...

However, that would have just been me sealing the fate of my kids' future eating disordered hell! Because not only would they have caught on to my picky eating behaviors and phobias and probably grow a body complex from a young age but my future kids' risk of an ED is already automatically higher due to the genetics side of things.

Now that I look back I can't believe I could even think of going food nazi on my own children...

At the time I thought I'd be helping them but really I'd be hurting them.

Man EDs really fuck with your brain and way of thinking, let me tell you!

The only benefit is now that I've been through it I know every trick and trade of the game...so for any future daughters I may have I'd catch on to them before they even had a chance to get full blown.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    She should count her blessings that she has two boys...

I'm sorry but little girls growing up with a food conscious, exercise obsessed mother who is in the spot light is just a disaster waiting to happen.
    Good point, Gwen says she goes hungry sometimes, not very fun

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

totally spray painted on!

she looks good.. personally though i don't like the 6 pack abs look on women.. in fact i don't even like it on men that much i have a thing for skinny guys.
    but i think womens bodies often look better softer

BlameItOn Vanity, I agree - women's bodies look better softer. I think someone like jennifer aniston has the perfect body she's toned but not over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Peike View Post
    I remember that comment too. There has also been a blind item about a singer with a borderline eating disorder that people thought was her. Personally, I like her stomach during the Rock Steady days. I also liked it in the Watcha Waiting For video. Currently it's a bit too muscly for my taste.
    Agreed, I don't find her current look sexy at all. She's too toned for me, I like women with softer muscle tone.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    ^That's good that you do that!

If only more mothers were like that...

I used to be anorexic/bulimic and am still pretty eating disordered (although not as bad) but I remember during some of the worst of my ED I'd planned out that whenever I had kids I was going to completely ban junk food and fast food and have them only eat healthy so they wouldn't end up growing up chubby and/or fat which at the time I found 'admirable' because in my mind it would save them from having to go through elementary and middle school without being teased and tormented as I was...

However, that would have just been me sealing the fate of my kids' future eating disordered hell! Because not only would they have caught on to my picky eating behaviors and phobias and probably grow a body complex from a young age but my future kids' risk of an ED is already automatically higher due to the genetics side of things.

Now that I look back I can't believe I could even think of going food nazi on my own children...

At the time I thought I'd be helping them but really I'd be hurting them.

Man EDs really fuck with your brain and way of thinking, let me tell you!

The only benefit is now that I've been through it I know every trick and trade of the game...so for any future daughters I may have I'd catch on to them before they even had a chance to get full blown.
    Kudos to you for changing your mind set for your children for the better. As someone that had a past eating disorder and still technically hasdisordered eating, I understand it's something you struggle with often for your whole life. It's quite big of you to change things to benefit them. If only other people knew what kind of damage they were causing to their children.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information