Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: French model known for anti-anorexia ads dies [NSFW]

Yea, that is very sad. And I sincerely hope her death does not go unnoticed by the 'industry'.

this is sad. i remember seeing her in an interview on TV as well, and she did try to change. i guess it's more than hard when you've been anorexic for more than half of your life, though.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I remember she was on that Jessica Simpson beauty show where she went to different countries. Jessica interviewed her, and she seemed nice and, like SVZ said, determined to warn others against anorexia. It's sad she died.
    Oh I saw that. I didn't realize this was her. Again..wow.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

She was such a great campaigner. In one interview she said it wasnt modelling that caused it [though the industry adores thin] but her mother not wanting her to grow up into an adult female. She had it since she was 14.

When I was ill I remember watching her and realizing you have to try get better. Im sure she inspired many more to get help.

I hope she has peace now.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    The ones walking the runways don't look that much different. We just don't see them with their clothes off.
    I agree. Maybe a twenty pound difference is all.

How very sad.

Hit By Ban Bus!

How sad.

RIP.

Shock awareness campaigns are exploitative IMO. Also, the images may seem horrific but to many women suffering anorexia don't see it that way.

Sad

Found this before picture of her..... She was gorgeous (and really thin here as well). So sad.

Tragic. I hope her death wasn't for nothing. She was so young, it's so sad that she spent most of her short life struggling with this disease

When I was in the hospital 25 years ago for this, I saw with my own eyes women much worse off looking than this one. Really really sad. I expect that most of those women I saw lived very short lives as well. The worst were nothing more than skin stretched over bones and veins-no body fat and very little muscle-more like strips of sinew. The worst was about 65 pounds and about five foot five or six. She looked about 100 years old, and was only about 30.

An often misunderstood and (more often than most would think as well) an often fatal disease of the body and mind.

R.I.P all who have died from this. At least this victim tried to make a difference and reach out to help others before she passed.

I knew and feared that it would happen soon.
    She had a great personality and her blogs were very clever and nice. She deserved to recover, but anorexia doesn't forgive.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

So sad.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Default Mother of Deceased Anorexic Model Isabelle Caro Commits Suicide

Marie Caro, mother of anorexic model Isabelle Caro who passed away last year, has committed suicide, the Daily Mail writes.

Isabelle was best-known for her image used in a shock Italian ad campaign (which you can see here) conceived by photographer Olivier Toscani in 2007 under the headline "No Anorexia." She more recently appeared on Jessica Simpson's "The Price of Beauty." She had suffered from the eating disorder since she was 13 and usually blamed her difficult childhood.

Christian Caro, Isabelle's stepfather spoke with Swiss newspaper 20 minutes about both deaths. He blames the Bichat Hospital in Paris for Isabelle's passing:
    She was hospitalized on November 16, 2010 for a stomach ache. My wife requested that she be taken to Bichat and she told doctors what was happening and told them about her illness. The doctors said they'd run some tests but they'd put Isabelle to sleep so she'd be less disturbed. They should have never done that. Isabelle died the 17th at the beginning of the afternoon. She died because they disconnected her from the machines. Two doctors took my wife and I separately and said, "You know, in any case, your daughter didn't want to live." They shortened it all. They wanted to do it quickly because there were a lot of people waiting.
    Christian added that he filed a complaint with the prosecutor in Paris for manslaughter. Of his wife, Marie, he said:
    My wife...she felt guilty for sending my daughter to the hospital in Bichat. [....] She had that weight on her head, a huge guilt. And this was in addition to the press, above all an interview with Toscani that she succeeded in viewing, although I tried to keep it from her. And she couldn't tolerate it. She already couldn't bear the death of her daughter.
    20 Minutes reports that Christian is now working on a music project, the profits of which will go to the association Isabelle created to help people suffering from anorexia. A single will be out by the end of the month.
    ---

Marie Caro Dead: Mother Of Deceased Anorexic Model Isabelle Caro Commits Suicide

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

fgg

Mother of Anorexic French Model Commits Suicide

By Sara Hammel
    Thursday January 20, 2011 01:50 PM EST

Less than two months after French model and actress Isabelle Caro, who suffered from anorexia, died, her mother has committed suicide, according to reports.

Marie Caro was apparently suffering from "enormous guilt" and took her own life earlier this month, Britain's Daily Mail reports, citing Swiss newspaper 20 Minutes.

Isabelle gained fame after her anorexia-ravaged body was featured in a shocking 2007 advertising campaign, and she died in November at age 28 after being admitted to a French hospital.

"[Marie] felt guilty for having put my daughter in the Bichat Hospital. My daughter did not want to go to that hospital," Isabelle's stepfather, Christian, said.

He had also said in a statement shortly after his stepdaughter's death that she'd died "from the successive consequences of negligence by the medical staff." He has since launched a legal complaint against the hospital, according to the Mail.

Isabelle's battle with anorexia was put on stark display in a fashion ad campaign by Italian photographer Oliviero Toscani in 2007. Caro's naked body was shown with her skeletal frame and facial bones protruding, and the images were splashed in newspapers and on billboards with the headline "No Anorexia."

so sad! a bit of extra information in this article.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information