Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fears for Candice Swanepoel as Victoria's Secret model displays shocking weight loss

They are all very thin but I think the Daily Mail has struck again:

Don't Get it Twisted: A Scary-Thin Photo of Candice Swanepoel

The distorted photo, left, and another photo from the event, via Getty Images, right

The UK press is all abuzz this morning about shocking photos that have emerged from an LA Victoria's Secret photoshoot that show once-skinny-but-curvy model Candice Swanepoel looking near-emaciated and far too thin. The Daily Mail calls Swanepoel's new figure "frightening" and Now magazine says her thighs are "alarmingly thin."

Check out the outrageous photo for yourself, top left. We wanted to see other shots from the event too, just to make sure this wasn't an early April Fool's prank, so we looked on the wire—and all the ones we could find showed Swanepoel looking normal-model-skinny (not normal-person-skinny, normal-model-skinny).

We put another shot on the right so you can compare. So we're wondering whether the photo on the left was distorted—either intentionally or because of a particular angle or lens.
    Don't Get it Twisted: A Scary-Thin Photo of Candice Swanepoel - Model Behavior - Racked National

I thought all the Mails photos looked weird and badly photshopped. After seeing them on other sources prove that the Mail messed with the photos big time.

They're known for messing with photos.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Maybe I will send them my photos to see what they can do with it for me.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

That's not cool. I like my head.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Love that web site. They have gobs of Victoria's Secret Photoshop disasters.

fgg

Is Victoria's Secret Model Candice Swanepoel Too Thin?

By Thailan Pham
    Thursday March 31, 2011 01:40 PM EDT

When South African stunner Candice Swanepoel made an appearance Wednesday in Los Angeles to model the new line of swimwear by Victoria's Secret, her slight figure caused a major stir.

Overnight, buzz cropped up about Swanepoel's seemingly shocking weight loss, given that she appeared thinner in L.A. than she had in photos taken only months earlier. HollywoodLife.com went so far as to call her "scarily, skeletally, stick-thin" and CBSNews.com called her "startlingly slim."

During New York Fashion Week in November, Swanepoel, 22, told ABCNews.com that she was having trouble keeping weight on. "Actually, this year my problem has been more putting the weight on and getting muscle on because it's been really busy," she said. "I've been traveling around like crazy. I get skinnier if I'm very busy."

Calls to reps for Victoria's Secret were not immediately returned.

That other photo is a completely different pose. It doesn't prove it was photoshopped.

I dunno in the "unshopped" pic above the person on the right in the all in one chiffon with cut outs has her rib cage practically bursting through.

They are very very thin anyway you cut this story.

I really worry for young girls seeing large breasts/ribs/clavicles and potentially thinking its a good look.

I dont like seeing "runway" bodies in the underwear world. More Doutzens etc would be better- she has even talked about staying healthy/normal sized because of the responsibility she feels to young women.

unfortunately i don't think it's photoshopped (from skinnyvscurvy.com):

she's one of my favorite models, and i know she wasn't this thin in the past. she's always been very skinny and petite, but definitely not like this. i hate to see this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

She looks very skinny in the red carpet pic--scrawny arms. But it looks like she has a really unfortunate body type. Wide pelvis and bow legs?
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Adriana is yhe only one looking good. The other two models are too scrawny both in the "normal" photps and in the photoshopped ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    That's not cool. I like my head.

Awww, isn't that sweet?!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    How does Adrianna look disgustingly thin? I think she has an amazing body! Just because she's thin doesn't mean it's disgusting. I mean she's a freakin model! She's supposed to be slender! I know that Candace chick looks pretty gross but Adrianna and even Alessandria look fine here. Not everyone has to be a size 14 to be considered healthy.
    I know that, dear. But I wouldn't call Adriana's body amazing considering that I can see her ribs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information