Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Even super skinny stars suffer from every girl's worst nightmare: stretch marks

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Oh god, when I have nightmares they are about something else then strech marks. They are about saving cats from bad men and stuff. Far more interesting.

And I have to say that why on earth is it so awful to have strech marks, you live, you get scarfs. It is not unsexy and if a penis softens during sexy times when you are naked it is not because you have strech marks.

I don't get this whole issue about normal stuff. And every woman that has bigger boobs usually have strech marks like Scarlett johaanson has, if you have boobies that sweet normal strech marks cannot take the hotness out of them.

So my point is that women should be naked more that this kind of obsessing stuff would end.
    great post! I totally agree, everyone has imperfections and we need to stop pretending we are all secretly barbie dolls under our clothes. And in my post I was just trying to point out logical reasons why "normal" women would have stretch marks on their chest, they certainly aren't horrific though, I couldn't care less about mine...

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    I never had them until after my 3 kids...after the first 2 kids, they werent horrible...I went back to pre-pregnacy weight, then 3 years later had my last son. OMG...I can't even stand to look inthe mirror!! They are HORRIBLE!!! I am divorced now, I don't even want to start dating. I can't stand the look of me naked...Having someone else see me naked?! No way!!!

My thighs, hips, stomach, boobs, legs...so gross.

I've got very faint stretch marks on my big boobs and they are all home grown, not silicone. I also have them on my thighs, through fluctuating weight, growth spurts when I was younger and bulking up with muscle when I used to do a lot of cross country running. I've never had a partner make negative comments about them. If you meet the right guy who is attracted to you as a person and not as an accessory/fuck toy then they won't give a damn and still want to ravish you from the top of your head to the tips of your toes.

But if they really bother you then there are things that you can do that are simple and inexpensive. As already mentioned, Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion is fantastic (and smells nice, too), as are other scar reduction products like Bio-Oil (which I use on severe acne scarring). But the most important thing of all is to learn to love yourself, lumps, bumps, stretch marks and all. Self confidence is very, very attractive to the opposite sex and is a good ward against shallow arseholes (they naturally gravitate towards someone lacking in self-esteem as they will accept their crap more easily). Work on how you feel inside, rediscover your confidence and the rest will fall into place naturally. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I've got very faint stretch marks on my big boobs and they are all home grown, not silicone. I also have them on my thighs, through fluctuating weight, growth spurts when I was younger and bulking up with muscle when I used to do a lot of cross country running. I've never had a partner make negative comments about them. If you meet the right guy who is attracted to you as a person and not as an accessory/fuck toy then they won't give a damn and still want to ravish you from the top of your head to the tips of your toes.

But if they really bother you then there are things that you can do that are simple and inexpensive. As already mentioned, Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion is fantastic (and smells nice, too), as are other scar reduction products like Bio-Oil (which I use on severe acne scarring). But the most important thing of all is to learn to love yourself, lumps, bumps, stretch marks and all. Self confidence is very, very attractive to the opposite sex and is a good ward against shallow arseholes (they naturally gravitate towards someone lacking in self-esteem as they will accept their crap more easily). Work on how you feel inside, rediscover your confidence and the rest will fall into place naturally. Good luck!
    Thank you for the advice!!
    Yes, I know I have to look at myself better. I'm trying to. It's just strange now. I haven't dated in over 10 years....so I'm a bit scared!

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    I never had them until after my 3 kids...after the first 2 kids, they werent horrible...I went back to pre-pregnacy weight, then 3 years later had my last son. OMG...I can't even stand to look inthe mirror!! They are HORRIBLE!!! I am divorced now, I don't even want to start dating. I can't stand the look of me naked...Having someone else see me naked?! No way!!!

My thighs, hips, stomach, boobs, legs...so gross.
    Try out some creams they do fade them to some degree and also you can wear that cover makeup. I swear they help. don't give up heart. Just like putting makeup on to look better, you can do a few things to help with stretchies!

Bio-Oil = a miracle in a bottle.

^^ Oh hell, yes! It's made such a difference to the scarring on my face. I've got to the point now where I don't always need to use foundation and powder and can go with powder alone. Bonus side effect is that it seems to be working on my fingernails as well. I always had trouble trying to grow my nails on my right hand (I'm right hand dominant) as they forever broke off, but the oil has been getting absorbed into them and giving them more resiliance. For the first time ever I've actually had to start trimming them back to keep them manageable!

Gardenwitch - you'll bounce back! Do things in your own time, don't rush or be rushed and enjoy your life.

czb

^^^ i have the worst nails ever! how does the bio-oil help? do you just wipe it on? and where do you buy it? thanks!

Most places that sell cosmetics and skin care products should carry it, I think. The effect that it has had on my nails is a by product of it being absorbed when I've been rubbing it into my face at night, so I'd guess just massaging a dab into your hands/nails would be all thats needed. Be warned, though, a little goes a long way! The website doesn't mention anything about it helping your nails, but it does seem helpful for a lot of other stuff, like uneven skintone. Another reason that I am such a fan is that it is one of the few things I have found that I can use on my face that hasn't led to major acne outbreaks.

Bio Oil

Silver Member

Many thanks for the link for Bio Oil, Kitty!
    I'm gonna try that...I have some stretch marks from gaining/losing/gaining/losing weight.

Thanks everyone! Such a friendly board!
    I will try the Bio Oil as well!
    Thanks for link!
    P.S. I have a date tonight too!! hahaha

Wooo hoooo! Remember, don't shave your legs and wear your worst panties! Always a guarantee that it'll be a good night (and a great way of making sure you have to behave yourself, lol). Good luck and have fun

czb

thanks for the info, kittylady.

I have no tits whatsoever and yet stretch marks, I think that's just mean. If you don't have tits at least you shouldn't have to deal with stretch marks...

And they don't sell bio-oil in sweden, stupid country...
    "Well isn't that special"

Thank god Shelly I'm not alone
    (an A cup and stretch marks, how ironic is that? What exactly was stretched with an A cup????)
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ Count me in too. They are few and barely perceptible, but they are there. I've always wondered why, as they settled over 8 full years of slow "growth" of two lumps of almost nothing.

I have them on my inner thighs and hips as well (from quick growth after my first period), but don't really mind any of my stretch marks.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information