Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Even super skinny stars suffer from every girl's worst nightmare: stretch marks

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingEventually View Post
    I hope they find a cure in the future because even though I can sort of accept them as long as I don't have to look at them
    A cure? How can you find a cure for cause and effect?

It's a simple thing skin stretches = stretch marks.

They lighten over time anyway.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Not a chick but will chime in anyway-I had.have some..mostly inner/upper thighs..got them at 20 years old..A nice permanent reminder of the ravages of anorexia/eating disorders.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    A cure? How can you find a cure for cause and effect?

It's a simple thing skin stretches = stretch marks.

They lighten over time anyway.
    Yeah, but there HAS to be something to make them go away or become less visible.

Science will figure it out. I have faith.

Sojita, boys get them too? I've never seen a male with strethmarks before...
    WHAT`S THiiS GAME?
    BABii ii WANT T0 PLAii
    [
    está bella traición que mato mi ilusion]

Hit By Ban Bus!

Most of mine are pregnancy related. I think I has some really thin ones on my hips from growing like a weed as a kid, but I don't remember. From having kids, I have them on the front of my thighs, my lower belly, and my boobs.

They suck, but what are you going to do. They are fully hidden by clothes most of the time, and I don't walk around naked 24/7, so I think I'll live.

Gold Member

Why don't many men have them though?
    The probably do, under their jackets and things.

Yeah, but there HAS to be something to make them go away or become less visible.

Science will figure it out. I have faith.

Sojita, boys get them too? I've never seen a male with strethmarks before...
    I think that is what they are..on my knees and upper thighs..not hugely noticeable but I think that is what they are. They are the result of eating disorders-that is what happens when you go down the starvation route..not to mention the permanent(but slight) heart damage, etc. I had to take inderal for years. Anorexia with bulemic tendencies was my dx. Nearly killed me and over 20 years later I still have effects from it. Not worth it for any reason whatsoever. Also the longer you are in the throes of it the worse the effects will be later in life.

*Also anyone who has a drastic weight loss will probably have them-especially if it is the yoyo up and down thing-regardless of gender.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I got awful stretch marks on my hips around age 14? No weight gain, i was still in gymnastics and weighed 100 pounds (i didn't gain weight until high school and i had the marks long before then). Also have them on my boobs. All of mine are white, have never been purple or other color and when the skin is stretched they are very apparent. I've always disliked the ones on my hips and butt because i thought it was so unfair that i got them when i hadn't gained any weight!
    I think they are heriditary and also hormonal--which is why men don't get them as often.

I don't mind stretch marks as much as cellulite! It's natural.

I got them on my hips too when I was about 15. I never got them from being pregnant. They bothered me when I was younger, swimming or at the beach, but no one but me probably noticed them anyway.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

I've got them in the same place as Kate. Pregnancy is such a bitch. Mine have faded with time, but when I move the wrong way or the sun shines just right...bleh going from a C to a DD then down to a B = stretchmark city.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Use mederma on new stretch marks; it really works.

I ordered some of that trilastin and I can honestly say it has helped fade my stretchmarks considerably. Also Vicks helps believe it or not. I done a heap of research on this and am so happy to report a very big marked improvement using both these products. They are still there of course but they have faded dramatically.

I never had them until after my 3 kids...after the first 2 kids, they werent horrible...I went back to pre-pregnacy weight, then 3 years later had my last son. OMG...I can't even stand to look inthe mirror!! They are HORRIBLE!!! I am divorced now, I don't even want to start dating. I can't stand the look of me naked...Having someone else see me naked?! No way!!!

My thighs, hips, stomach, boobs, legs...so gross.

Bronze Member

I've always been thin with real C/D cup boobs and I know that I get very mild stretch marks on my chest just from it fluctuating each month (which could be the combination of hormones/cysts I suffer from). I one time even measured because I was like maybe it's my imagination, but no, during certain times of the month my chest swells up a whole inch and a half and that constant change in size stresses my skin a lot so I always make sure to moisturize. So I don't know but maybe some of these celebrities whose boobs are real (like scarlett johansen) experience the same annoyance. Also you can easily get stretch marks on your boobs from sagging....

Oh god, when I have nightmares they are about something else then strech marks. They are about saving cats from bad men and stuff. Far more interesting.

And I have to say that why on earth is it so awful to have strech marks, you live, you get scarfs. It is not unsexy and if a penis softens during sexy times when you are naked it is not because you have strech marks.

I don't get this whole issue about normal stuff. And every woman that has bigger boobs usually have strech marks like Scarlett johaanson has, if you have boobies that sweet normal strech marks cannot take the hotness out of them.

So my point is that women should be naked more that this kind of obsessing stuff would end.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information