Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 92

Thread: Even super skinny stars suffer from every girl's worst nightmare: stretch marks

  1. #16
    Elite Member Gen X EJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    BIAB's Freakshow
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    Yeah but isn't it just a LITTLE suspicious when all of these super skinny starlets have their stretch marks on their not-so-skinny boobs????

    At least Kate had her implants taken out again, so maybe her skin will bounce back.
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

  2. #17
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    46,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I don't mind strech marks. At least if they're not Kate Beckinsale territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I have stretch marks. on my tummy from pregnancy, I don't mind them, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    My husband has them on his shoulders, around his knees, and vertically on his waistline. Growth spurt in adolescence.

    I like them, they look like bear claw scars, lol.
    You know, I'm sure that this is a sign that we're focusing on appreance far to much & not enough on substance; and no, it's not because I am covered in them (and I rarely scar.....)

    Tati - I have a boyfriend that had them around his lower back & waist they' were freakish (only) because I never knew that men got them!

  3. #18
    Super Moderator Tati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Your Pocket
    Posts
    18,314

    Default

    I don't think I've ever known a man to have them from weight loss/gain, now that you mention it. But I've seen a few with them from growth spurts - vertically up the torso rather than across, and at the joints. My husband's also haven't really faded the way mine (on my hips) have. They still turn purplish in the sun, whereas mine are practically invisible now. Luckily, he's a guy, and doesn't give a damn, lol.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

    - Kahlil Gibran

  4. #19
    Bronze Member jaclynfett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I have them all over from puberty and 3 pregnancys. Mine have gotten better over time.

  5. #20
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    46,956

    Default

    I think that the fade thing might depend on how you scar? I dont scar much and mine had faded to nothingness (not even silver) - but the downside is I'm as fat a a lil'house - so - it all evens out I guess!

  6. #21
    Elite Member Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trolltopia
    Posts
    29,138

    Default

    I got mine from growth spurts, too. (I once grew 6 inches in a year...)

    My bf has them, too, I think they're sexy. I like mine, too.

    And YES it is suspicious that all the super skinny bimbos have them on their not so super skinny boobies!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-



  7. #22
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,577

    Default

    Well of course they do. I know waaay more skinny people with stretch marks than average-overweights.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  8. #23
    Elite Member Mr. Authority's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Royal Oak,MI
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    I myself had some stretch marks on my torso when I was going through puberty, mostly from my growth spurt.
    It's also possible for men to get stretch marks from weight-gain and loss. Skin can stretch-on both men and women- from crazy body weight issues or fast body changes.

  9. #24
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,180

    Default

    I have them on the outside of my thighs. Also a adolescent growth spurt. They are faint and white and barely noticeable.

    I did not get any on my stomach from either of my 2 pregnancies, however. Weird.

  10. #25
    Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gen X EJC View Post
    Yeah but isn't it just a LITTLE suspicious when all of these super skinny starlets have their stretch marks on their not-so-skinny boobs????

    At least Kate had her implants taken out again, so maybe her skin will bounce back.
    Skin can't "bounce back"- that's why she has stretch marks- because her skin is not elastic enough, it stretches and breaks...
    I have s.m as well... on my butt, tights and on calves.. My skin is very bad, because I didn't gain that much weight at all! (this happened during teenage yrs)
    I don't mind them that much now...
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

  11. #26
    Elite Member Gen X EJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    BIAB's Freakshow
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    you can use certain oils to make them look better though. I want to say Walnut oil but I could be wrong. Though I think that only really works well if they're fresh (like after having a baby).
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

  12. #27
    Elite Member Sleuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vegemite Land
    Posts
    6,539

    Default

    my friend is covered in stretch marks over her arms, breasts and stomach because as a teenager she was in a constant state of gaining weight and losing weight. Thing is her weight gain and loss was never anything dramatic but she still got these angry looking purple welts all over. Thankfully they have faded from bright purple down to an almost non existant white/silver.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

  13. #28
    Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gen X EJC View Post
    you can use certain oils to make them look better though. I want to say Walnut oil but I could be wrong. Though I think that only really works well if they're fresh (like after having a baby).
    Yes, creams can make them look less noticeable, they also loose that red color after some time on their own but will never disappear!
    Cocoa butter is really good (for example-Palmer's cocoa butter formula)
    Hm.. I think it doesn't matter if they are "fresh" or not, because once the skin stretches it stays that way..
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

  14. #29
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green-eyed-hottie View Post
    Yes, creams can make them look less noticeable, they also loose that red color after some time on their own but will never disappear!
    Cocoa butter is really good (for example-Palmer's cocoa butter formula)
    Hm.. I think it doesn't matter if they are "fresh" or not, because once the skin stretches it stays that way..
    When the skin stretches, sometimes it's like an old rubber band and it can't snap back. Stretch marks ar from when the rubber band has broken. You can only get rid of them by surgically excising them or laser. I've read laser takes quite a few treatments though. I guess they're a fact of life.

  15. #30
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,577

    Default

    A girl I used to work with had a series of chemical peels that worked great (for her).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: June 24th, 2007, 01:40 PM
  2. Stretch marks!
    By Green-eyed-hottie in forum Beauty and Skincare
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: February 14th, 2007, 08:14 AM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: October 7th, 2006, 11:39 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 17th, 2006, 10:34 AM
  5. Gisele Bundchen slams super-skinny models
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: November 20th, 2005, 03:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •