Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eva Longoria Parker opts for all-fish diet

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaP View Post
    well she definitely needs to. she really gained a lot of weight during the strike, and one of her big selling points was her little body.
    Though I don't happen to agree (that she needs to lose weight) it would be great if she read your post. This chick is all about seafood alright...she can't get enough of "fishing" for compliments. It'd be great for her to read (or better overhear) a "Holy balls! Eva Longoria has become such a fatass!" comment. Timesome bitches like her bring out my sadistic streak.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Wasn't she supposed to gain weight for DH?

I still kind of think she's pregnant.
    ssabmud

Elite Member

It's funny that some of the tiniest celebrities/people are the most insecure. She never shuts up about her body or losing weight, etc, etc......

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    It's funny that some of the tiniest celebrities/people are the most insecure. She never shuts up about her body or losing weight, etc, etc......

Because it's all she's got going for her. Her face is nothing special & now that she cut her hair, it really accentuates just how plain her face really is.

Back when I was in my teens to about mid-20's, I had very low self-esteem, so I really didn't like anything about myself. The only thing I liked was my fingernails. I always wore them very long (grew them out myself, no acrylics) & painted them every day. Eva's "fingernails" is her size. It's her validation.

Silver Member

All-fish diet is very unhealthy because the sea food contains lots of sea salt. It's not a natural compound for the human body and it can cause problems if someone eats it too often. She should know the impact of salt on kidneys. She can look rather boated after this diet.

This thread made me hungry for some nice, fried fish.

I couldn't eat fish for most meals. I can't do any diet that doesn't have variety. Actually, I have trouble staying on any diet

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaP View Post
    well she definitely needs to. she really gained a lot of weight during the strike, and one of her big selling points was her little body.
    Uh, she went from a size 0 to maybe a size 2. She's still teeny.

I'm petite like her. Gaining even a couple of pounds can make me look a lot different.

^^I'm petite too and I agree with what you are saying. 5 extra lbs can be a lot on my 5'1" frame. Her weight gain of maybe 5 to 10 lbs this past year hardly put her into porker territory especially since she was underweight to begin with.

I agree. She's definitely not a porker.

BOSTON: The heart-protective benefits of eating seafood can outweigh the harm from mercury and other contaminants that accumulate in fish, according to two major U.S. studies intended to resolve the confusing dietary advice that consumers have received on eating seafood.
    The studies, from the Institute of Medicine and Harvard University, said that eating seafood at least twice a week could reduce the risk of heart disease, and that the risk from contaminants could be minimized by the choice of fish. "The average person can consume more fish than they do," said Susan Krebs-Smith of the National Cancer Institute, a member of the committee that wrote the Institute of Medicine study. The most recent federal statistic found that fish consumption per person in 2003 was about five ounces, or 142 grams, a week.
    The Institute of Medicine is an organization that advises the government. Its study said women of childbearing age or nursing mothers can safely eat 12 ounces of seafood a week, but should avoid long- lived species like swordfish because they can have high levels of mercury.
    Children 12 and younger should follow guidelines similar to those for childbearing women. The report said adolescents should eat seafood regularly, but those who eat more than two three-ounce servings a week should vary the types of fish to avoid a buildup of contaminants from a single species.
    The studies' conclusions supported federal guidelines for fish consumption. "Seafood is likely the single most important food one can consume for good health," said Dariush Mozaffarian of the Harvard School of Public Health, the lead author of a study being published Wednesday in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Based on an analysis of more than two decades of research, Mozaffarian and his co-author, Eric Rimm, also of Harvard, concluded that even a modest amount of seafood, such as three ounces of farmed salmon a week, reduced the risk of death from coronary heart disease by 36 percent. The research was financed by the National Institutes of Health. The NIH study also found that one or two servings a week of fish or fish oil reduces death from any cause by 17 percent.

Fish diet found to do more good than harm - International Herald Tribune

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information