Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I want to be a Skinny B***h? Fat chance

The book lacks subtlety. I'll give you that much.

But in reality, the world is overweight because at (and between) every meal we choose food over our figures.

If you look at most commercial food products for what they are, genetically engineered taste sensations that are devoid of all nutritional value, then it becomes easier to replace pork rinds with fruit and vegetables. But no one cares to admit that.

Ultimately, most people are fat because they choose to be.

^^Sorry folks but I agree...most times it's a lack of will power and just giving up! I eat well (most of the time) and go to the gym 5-6 days a week because it makes me feel better! Both immediately after as well as the next day when I look in the mirror and see what my hard work has given me! Don't get me wrong I'm far from perfect but I'm proud of what hard work and taking hard road has given me...it's easy to eat bad, not exercise...it takes NO will power!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I didn't realize it was a multiple choice question with only two options:
    a) skinny and bitchy
    b) fat and frumpy

What the hell is wrong with us when that's how we think?
    That's what I think.
    I'm also a cook. So I'm never going to be a zero.

I think what the correlation in between skinny and bitchy is....well, you're hungry.

I don't think skinny is good and neither is fat. But I'm also not going to never really eat anything bad for me ever and exercise fifteen thousand hours a day. I'm in good shape---though 30 years ago I would have been considered skinny, now I'm considered average. I don't know.

Not only was Monroe not skinny, but neither was Gina Lollobrigida, Sophia Loren, Ursula Andress, Ava Gardner, Betty Grable, Bettie Page......were these porky fat dumpy women? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    That's what I think.
    I'm also a cook. So I'm never going to be a zero.

I think what the correlation in between skinny and bitchy is....well, you're hungry.

I don't think skinny is good and neither is fat. But I'm also not going to never really eat anything bad for me ever and exercise fifteen thousand hours a day. I'm in good shape---though 30 years ago I would have been considered skinny, now I'm considered average. I don't know.

Not only was Monroe not skinny, but neither was Gina Lollobrigida, Sophia Loren, Ursula Andress, Ava Gardner, Betty Grable, Bettie Page......were these porky fat dumpy women? Give me a break.
    Agree with you - how sad is it that many of the most beautiful women ever wouldn't make it in today's society because they would be considered fat and frumpy. And I'm not a "cook" but my family would disagree with me on that - I cook alot and feed my family the foods they love - and not just he healthy ones, either. It's like fat babies, I'd much rather see a chubby and healthy baby than an emaciated one. I love FAT babies - right down to the little fat rolls on their wrists!!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Fat and frumpy don't go together if you were talking about my post. Yes you can be fat and still look good but most people I know that are fat appear to be frumpy because their clothes don't hang nice and they just don't care about their appearance.

Look at Anna Nicole when fat = fat and frumpy
    Meme on Drew Carey = fat and frumpy

Kevin James = just fat, not frumpy
    Mo'Nique = just fat, not frumpy
    Oprah (pick any of the many times she's been fat) = just fat, not frumpy

As for me, if I were fat I know I would be frumpy because if I didn't care about being fat I certainly wouldn't care what I looked like.....I know because my mom is fat and has just started taking care of her appearance.

That's all I meant by fat and frumpy.

And I loved the look of the old Hollywood women much better than the look today too.

Wasn't specifically talking about your post. I think that several of the posts in this thread makes it seem as if those are the only two choices. The frumpy look that some overweight people have is because they are still trying to fit in clothes they were able to wear a few pounds ago. Skinny people sometimes have the same problem - when you lose weight and none of your clothes really fit so they look like shit. I'd rather be happy in my skin at whatever size is HEALTHY for me than skinny or fat.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

I agree mel and for the record i'm not bitchy because i'm skinny i'm just bitchy hmmp
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

and it's damn sure not 'cause your double-whopper-eating-ass is hungry, either is it??
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Well this makes me wanna grab a Coke, go to McDonald's and sit my genetically lucky ass in front of the TV with my OC-dvd box.

Skinny, whiny bitches, don't lecture the fat, be glad they're fat! Next to them you look even skinnier.
    Do I look like I care?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    and it's damn sure not 'cause your double-whopper-eating-ass is hungry, either is it??
    damn sure ain't i just ate a double sonic burger tots and am thinking of attacking that strawberry shortcake i got in the fridge one of these days my metabolisim is going to catch up with me and kick me in the ass untill that day i'm gonna be a pig and enjoy it
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information